Any decent wool felt fedoras out there?

indywannabbe

I am looking for a good value for money fedora, so im thinking along the lines of a wool felt one.

As far as i know, if you are looking for authenticy you should avoid them like the plaque. But im thinking there must be some decent passable ones out there. I heard Christys did one, but i cannot seem to locate and find on the net.

Can anyone reccommend 3 decent ones? Thanks.

indywannabbe

Ok, people dont know. But does anyone know what the best DP wool fedora is?

It seems DP are the only one who do Wool felt Indy fedoras. Ive got a crushable one and ive got a couple of compliments though.

indywannabbe

IndyJoey said:
Honestly, i would avoid DP.... I have had a few from them.... and they are all awful... If you want a cheaper, but good quality fedora, go with Akubra. I have one from Todds and it looks good, but it isn't very tough... Akubra's colors are a bit off but they are sturdy... I would say the cheapest, best value fedora is the Akubra.

http://hatsdirect.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi?view=46&returncat=Fedora+Hats&returnpage=0

Is your todds one fur felt or wool felt? Its good you should mention Akubra as i have got it already and it is good apart from not being able to put a proper dent on top of the hat and a little tight at first and colour slightly off as you say.

But i was just looking for a dirt cheap wool one about 25 pounds that looked good. If that isnt possible i will give up looking then. Thanks.