TV Series?

indy4242

Obviously an Indiana Jones film isn't coming any time soon. Even if it was announced this minute, and filmed at the nearest opportunity (late 2012/early 2013, at best?) it wouldn't reach screens until probably summer 2014. Harrison Ford will be 72. Yikes.

As time goes on, I've become more open to the idea of an Indiana Jones television show - I don't really mean the semi-educational stuff like the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (although I'd be happy with more of that) I mean a show aimed more at the fans of the films - with an adult Indy. TV shows can be very film-like now and throw a lot of good storytelling at audiences week-to-week. Maybe they could set it during the war years, so we could get more awesome Indy vs. Nazis action.

Also, people would be more open to the idea of recasting Indiana Jones if it was only for TV - they already did it twice.

Would anybody accept this as a viable alternative to an Indiana Jones 5?

Indy's brother

Hell, I'm down for anything Indy on screen. I will say this though, if any efforts are made to put Indy on a screen, I want it to be the big screen. Like, yesterday. After a few more years when even I have to admit that Indy 5 is dead for good, then I'll support it fully.

So Yeah, but I want Indy 5 first.

WitAndAWhip

Indy's brother said:
So Yeah, but I want Indy 5 first.
I agree with you on that one. I'm still hoping they can get one more Indy movie out of Harrison Ford if it's worthy of the first 3.

A TV show is an interesting idea though. You'd think Lucas would be open to the idea if the right opportunity came along. With all the other junk which gets made nowadays you'd think Indy lends itself to the format as well as anything.

LawgSkrak

Only if it's animated (CGI or otherwise, preferably CGI). I have no desire to see anyone else play Indy. A voice-double I could handle, as the animated INdy would still look like Harrison Ford.

I'm tired of remakes. Do something original, Hollywood.

Montana_Jones

LawgSkrak said:
Only if it's animated (CGI or otherwise, preferably CGI). I have no desire to see anyone else play Indy. A voice-double I could handle, as the animated INdy would still look like Harrison Ford.

I'm tired of remakes. Do something original, Hollywood.
Why not a different actor to play Indiana Jones when he was younger? Could adapt all the Bantam books to the big screen.

Explorer1074

CGI movie?? oh god please no.....

Iam all for a prequel, different chapter, timeline or something real. Nothing fake or animated. The young indy chronicles was a great idea. maybe something like that but a older indy. Oh and cast a no name....there is nobody in Hollywood I can see as indy. (y)