an essesntial part to looking like Indy that nobody realizes

thehero21

I found theres something that Harrison Ford had as Indy that just about everybody ive ever seen dressed as him lacked, and it really can help complete the "indy" look. first look at these two pics from raiders, the first one has Indy when hes not really his swash-buckling alter ego yet,if he didnt have the hat on he would look more like han then Indy, and in the second pic when hes full blown Indy. hat, outfit, and beard aside, the difference is apparent in what makes Harrison look like Indy as opposed to han or any other character. by looking at the pics you should be able to point it out.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

if you haven't, ill point it out for you, in all of the Indy films, but especially Raiders and Temple of Doom, Harrison Ford is EXTREMELY TAN. I found this minor thing really does help pull the whole "indy" look together because something about a pasty white Indy just looked a little off. im not saying u should go lay in the sun for hours on end but trust me in that it really pulls everything together if u did.

indyclone25

i get pretty tan in the summer , because i'm mexican /italian, so usually when i am at the summer con's i am tanner than say the c2e2 in april ---lol but i do get more olive looking than harrison :)

IndyJoey

Well, im Polish, so im usually very pale, even though i live in California.... and it takes alot for me to tan, but i can tan... just not easily, and in your guys' opinions, how much does your face itself, not facial expressions, affect how Indyish you look?

thehero21

IndyJoey said:
Well, im Polish, so im usually very pale, even though i live in California.... and it takes alot for me to tan, but i can tan... just not easily, and in your guys' opinions, how much does your face itself, not facial expressions, affect how Indyish you look?
It doesnt make or break the "look", if you have all the right clothes anyone is obviously going to recognize you, but like i said above the 5'o clock shadow and tan really does complete the Indy look because Harrison was always really tan, at least in the first two films. im really tan right now from all the landscaping work ive been doing and i look more like Indy now then ive ever have, all my clothes and hat just look better then when i was pale.

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
thehero21 said:
It doesnt make or break the "look", if you have all the right clothes anyone is obviously going to recognize you, but like i said above the 5'o clock shadow and tan really does complete the Indy look because Harrison was always really tan, at least in the first two films. im really tan right now from all the landscaping work ive been doing and i look more like Indy now then ive ever have, all my clothes and hat just look better then when i was pale.

Daft thread ahoy!

I would imagine a vast majority of the world would find it difficult to get a 'Tanned' look...:rolleyes:

I suppose when I dress as Marion it's not quite the same without the boobs or vag?

Last edited:

thehero21

JuniorJones said:
Daft thread ahoy!

I would imagine a vast majority of the world would find it difficult to get a 'Tanned' look...:rolleyes:

I suppose when I dress as Marion it's not quite the same without the boobs or vag?
sorry, just an observation

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
thehero21 said:
sorry, just an observation

...maybe, it is more about the inner Indy and how you project it?

indiana-jones-bunny-209.jpg

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
...maybe, it is more about the inner Indy and how you project it?

I like cats...

indianajonescat.jpg

JuniorJones said:

Nevertheless, your Marion is a joy to behold. Though I have to say that Finn has better legs for the white dress. :p

Goodeknight

The main thing I point out that most people are lacking in their full Indy attire is plenty of dirt and grime. You look at a spotless Indy. People don't like dirtying up their $140 hats, or $250 jackets. But it kills the look without it.

Best distressing method I've found -- live an adventurous life. Do that and you'll get a tan, too.

IndyJoey

goodeknight said:
The main thing I point out that most people are lacking in their full Indy attire is plenty of dirt and grime. You look at a spotless Indy. People don't like dirtying up their $140 hats, or $250 jackets. But it kills the look without it.

Best distressing method I've found -- live an adventurous life. Do that and you'll get a tan, too.

Very true, i like that last part, live an adventurous life... too bad you cant get a very good tan in ireland... but i know what you mean by people being afraid to dirty their gear up, i wear my gear on hikes and treks through the woods... and around town, i get some weird looks when i have my hat, but other than that, nothin really... well, when im at school in my gear... some double takes go on, but i dont really care what everyone else thinks, hahaha.... :)

fenris

I'm on the opposite of this. I'm too tan... brown really. Hahaha! Over here, we want to be whiter, not tanner.

IndyJoey

Hahahha, well you would think that because im from california i would be tan, right? well, nope, if you saw me in white boxers, you would wonder why casper has legs...

foreverwingnut

It is surprising to see the varying contrasts of the tan in these photos. Harrison was a carpenter by trade, so I would have assumed he'd always had a great tan, but Steven Spielberg wanted Harrison even more tan for TOD, so Harrison would walk around the hot, sunny sets with his shirt off. I suspect make-up builds up the tan, too, when a gritty scene called for it.

IndyBr

IndyTheBest said:
I'm also extremely tan. That's why I love Brazil... :cool:

Of course that depends on where do you live in Brazil. :)
I'm not even close to being extremely tan, more like the first photo posted above.
Nice to see another brazillian fan here in the Raven. :whip:

IndyTheBest

IndyBr said:
Of course that depends on where do you live in Brazil. :)
I'm not even close to being extremely tan, more like the first photo posted above.
Nice to see another brazillian fan here in the Raven. :whip:

Oh, thanks! (y)

Here in Brasilia it's not that hard to get.