Anyone own an authentic prop?

hovitos

I've just put on 'lay away' a framed set of two gold coins featured in the diamond/poison exchange opening scene of Temple of Doom. I usually keep a keen eye on ebay and various prop stores for screen-used props from the trilogy - unfortunately they seem as rare as hens' teeth and worth twice their weight in gold. I was wondering whether anyone else on this board has managed to get hold of an authentic prop or if there is a site somewhere that keeps a record of how much each item sold for?

Cheers
Hovitos
Oh yea...the coins attached:
indyjones-goldcoindisplay1.jpg

Brad T

Very nice! I would really like to add a prop to my collection. :)

There was the Grail Knight's sword for sale at a prop store in Downtown Disney last year for $18,000. If only I had a spare 18 grand...

hovitos

Others

I think one of the non-lit Sankara stones just went for 14,000 on ebay last week. The only other stuff I've seen recently are some thuggee bows, a beetle, mine cart miniature and thuggee sword on sale at a london prop store. There's virtually nothing available from Raiders save for a Sallah money note (not screen used). I'm kicking myself I didn't pick up a framed rubber snake for about $200 a year or so back!

Canyon

Hovitos, very nice coins. :)

Unfortunately, I don't own any props used in the Indy movies, but I do have a cool story:

Last month I attended a huge Indy summit that took place on the Queen Mary, Long Beach, in California.

Some time ago, one of the guys from the Indygear.com messageboad (Club Obi Wan) manged to get hold of the holster that Harrison used in Temple of Doom! Well, guess who actually got to touch it? Yes that's right. Me!!!! I also put my hand inside because if you remember, in ToD Indy goes to grab his gun and then realises he hasn't actually got it any more.

A couple of months ago I was lucky enough to get a picture with Harrison's signature on, but now I can say that I have actually touched something that he used in one of the Indy movies!

hovitos

Oohh..touched the original holster?!? I hope you haven't washed that hand since! V. impressive. :) Am looking forward to the rumoured official fertility idols coming next year. Would love to even touch the original prop.
Asides from spying Harrison from across the street while living in the US, my one Indy experience has been running on the same meadow featured in Raiders...
raidersmeasdow.jpg

I almost won the hat that Indy wore in the last part of Raiders a few months back. It was the German officers cap. It went for around 2200 and I was top bidder until he last 2 seconds. There are some things that come out of England every so often and it's been the same place so I'm guessing they are ligit. The just had one of the skeleton props from Raiders last week, but it cost too much to have sent to the states or I would have thought about it.

moondrifter

hovitos said:
Oohh..touched the original holster?!? I hope you haven't washed that hand since! V. impressive. :) Am looking forward to the rumoured official fertility idols coming next year. Would love to even touch the original prop.
Asides from spying Harrison from across the street while living in the US, my one Indy experience has been running on the same meadow featured in Raiders...
raidersmeasdow.jpg
where is this and which part of the film is it from?

qwerty

Hey moondrifter, what are you doing here if you do not recocnize that scene. Maybe you shouldn't have that Indyfan line under your name.

Finn

Staff member
qwerty said:
Hey moondrifter, what are you doing here if you do not recocnize that scene. Maybe you shouldn't have that Indyfan line under your name.
Now you're being nasty. Watch it.

indifan101

From the movie Rudy I bought Rudy's helmet for $200! It's Notre Dame if you haven't seen it. And from Star Wars I have an official Stromtrooper helmet. That one was expensive! It cost me around $400! But it was worth it! I bought at a comic convention in Indianapolis.;)

San Holo

Canyon said:
Last month I attended a huge Indy summit that took place on the Queen Mary, Long Beach, in California.Some time ago, one of the guys from the Indygear.com messageboad (Club Obi Wan) manged to get hold of the holster that Harrison used in Temple of Doom! Well, guess who actually got to touch it? Yes that's right. Me!!!! I also put my hand inside because if you remember, in ToD Indy goes to grab his gun and then realises he hasn't actually got it any more.
Damn,I missed an Indy summit:confused: :( I'll be in Long Beach next week. Do you travel to the States alot, Canyon?

Canyon

San Holo said:
Damn,I missed an Indy summit:confused: :( I'll be in Long Beach next week. Do you travel to the States alot, Canyon?

Actually, that was the first ever time I've been ot the States. I'm definately planning on going next year. :whip:

I'm pretty sure that the summit was announced on these pages. Next time, I'm make sure another announcement is made nearer the time. ;)

San Holo

Canyon said:
Actually, that was the first ever time I've been ot the States. I'm definately planning on going next year. :whip: ;)
Hope you had a good time. You definatley need to hit Texas on your next visit;)

JK_Antwon

hovitos said:
raidersmeasdow.jpg

That's AWSOME!!!

Indy Parise

Canyon said:
Actually, that was the first ever time I've been ot the States. I'm definately planning on going next year. :whip:

When you do, be sure to visit New Joisey as we New Yorkers like to call it here.