After almost 2 years, I finished ET

Viper

Phew!
Last night I played the level I was stuck on in IJatET, and I beat it, this level turned out to be the 2nd to last level (the one with the pillers) and I quickly finsihed the last two levels. It took me a while, as I've had ET as long as I've had my PS2 (Christmas '04) and after about 5-6 months I just couldn't beat that one level, from then on it just sat with my other games, collecting dust, until I found a review online accidentally. This review spurred my interest and I played ET and the level seemed a lot shorter than when I was ten... I was expecting 7-8 different pillar-puzzles because that's what it felt like 2 years ago. But anyway, I beat it and the last 2 levels.

It took me exactly 1 year and eleven months. I got it Dec. 25 '04, and completed Nov. 25 '06.

Not as spectactular as beating "Bully" (the first game I bought in a long time) in 4 days, but still cool. I only wish it was in better condition, as the last cut-scenes were glitching terribly, and the sound studdered.
In fact, for this reason I made a decision to buy ET again, new, because it is going to be cheap, now that it has been out a while, just so I can understand it.

IAdventurer01

Congrats on finally finishing. I don't know about you, but if I start a game and never finish it, it gnaws at me incessantly. Being an Indy game to boot, it would drive me nuts. So, I'm glad you can stay sane! :p

BTW: Have fun with Von Beck's Revenge? :D

Viper

It was satisfying;)

But the most satisfying one (For me) is the the wall of dreams level (with the pillars), mainly because It took me a year to beat it.

What's your favorite level?
Mine is probably The high road to Peng Lai, you know, the one where your in the Nazi uniform and the other Nazi drives you in on a motorcycle in the beginning?

IAdventurer01

Favorite level? The first one in Prague, probably. The seemingly endless battle in the square is what I remember most about the game. :gun:

Viper

Oh yes, the courtyard:)
I just finished my favorite level for the first time in a while, and I forgot how short it was. I remember the first level that challenged me was the level in Ceylon where you cross the bridge and it breaks. I know it's lame and puny, but that was 6 months before I got it on PS2. I did beat it ( the level) in a half hour (including the levels before that) once I started on PS2, but with the bad PC controls and me being 9 years old, it was more challenging.

Other levels that challenged me were the Peng Lai Lagoon and PL Mountain levels. The Nazis are really annoying. Especially when they pull the alarm and a man with a flamethrower comes, so frustrating.

misnomer

I just bought it off of amazon today! Negative reviews kept me from purchasing it, but it's Indy. It can never be bad in my book.....

It was WAY better than Tomb Raider: Angel Of Darkness, that's for sure!!!

Any good hacks for it for the PC??? I have it for PS2 and for PC, but I've never had reason to install the PC version....

misnomer

no way! Granted I've only played ET for like 20 minutes, it's no where near as good as AoD - AoD has a great story, and required some ingenuity to complete it. That said, whilst ET is no patch on Tomb Raider Legend, I can't understand why the reviews have been generally so negative. Sure the graphics are a little clunky, but it seems to be running fairly smoothly and the gameplays quite fluid and fun. The animation for Indy's punches is really cool - very close to the movies.

I hope the new Indy *which I remember hearing was tied to the fourth movie in some way* is voiced by Harrison Ford and has his likeness.....

"AoD has a great story"
AoD is universally panned as the WORST Tomb Raider game ever... it came || this close to killing the whole franchise...

ET is a million times better game than AoD ever hoped to be

"I hope the new Indy... is voiced by Harrison Ford"
Hear FN hear!!

jones3d

It would be great if they also capture Harrison's gestures and face digitally. With the new movie being shooted this year, they have a golden opportunity.

Finn

Staff member
Uu... find the right word game! I love this! Hang on, hang on... the word you're looking for is... "shot", right?

No, English is not my 1st language either. I speak jabber that would make most of your heads spin.

misnomer

ClintonHammond said:
"AoD has a great story"
AoD is universally panned as the WORST Tomb Raider game ever... it came || this close to killing the whole franchise...

ET is a million times better game than AoD ever hoped to be

"I hope the new Indy... is voiced by Harrison Ford"
Hear FN hear!!

well I liked it. It had a great atmosphere. Whilst most prefer the instant accessibility of legend,it's just a little too dumbed down for my tastes....

VP

Moderator Emeritus
ClintonHammond said:
Any good hacks for it for the PC???

Yeah, you can stop the stupid inventory-cleaning and reset health in the beginning of every level, for example. Also you can give yourself unlimited ammo and health and some cool weapons.

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Open the file \GameData\indy\default.cfg with notepad and add the line cheats:1. You can also try cheats:2, cheats:3 and cheats:12.

Open the file \GameData\indy\gameinfo\MissionList.txt and you'll find a list of all the levels. There's this parameter called LoadInventory. At the beginning of each section it's set to 0, change it to one and you'll be able to keep all your guns and stock ammo. You can also add ResetHealth:1 after the LoadInventory parameter, that way your health will be reseted to full after each level.