User Name
Password

Old 11-20-2014, 01:54 PM   #1826
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaceslave_82
My Club Obi-Wan Willie...
Palaceslave, that looks phenomenal and quite likely the BEST I've seen yet. Way to go and great job on the dress & her hair!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
(though I'm wondering what that is she's wearing on her head...?)
It's her butterfly-filled fascinator.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:39 PM   #1827
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
It's her butterfly-filled fascinator[/url].

Okay, thanks. Was she still wearing that with the tux? I guess that's why I was confused.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:46 AM   #1828
Palaceslave_82
IndyFan

Thanks so much for all of the amazing the praise on my Willie attempts to everyone who commented . Considering the product I have seen each of you turn out , it means a great deal to me. That Club Willie has become the bane if my existence ( or at least of my personal time after work when I can actually work on her). My daughter is two and -a-half, loves both Temple And especially Willie... So it's a struggle keeping her tiny grasping mitts off. :-) the hair and dress have been worked and reworked.. Since I use an increasingly dull kitchen knife , a random box of paints, and hot water for joint - popping, I simply scrape off what I don't like and try again. The style and height of her Club 'do seems to fluctuate from film stills, to Blu-Ray screen caps... And matching the scale with a tiny, bald head has been fun.

@ Lance- the fascinator is hand-sculpted ( pic coming) and remains on Tux Willie because both elements were retained in the film until the put-upon trio was nearly killed by careening down a mountainside in the raft . I hadn't seen any other Willie customs in Indy 's Club Duds that had those things included, ( most are more " Pankot Trek" Willie, minus the jacket altogether ). The legs, however, spread nicely at the hinges, making a head swap easy for adding her to an elephant scene. I now display her in a mini raft with Indy and Shorty hanging on for dear life.
Palaceslave_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 12:57 AM   #1829
Palaceslave_82
IndyFan

The Mara Jade head was chosen reluctantly because the face bears little resemblance to Kate Capshaw ( unlike the stellar Hasbro portrait)... However, the hairstyle is much closer to that smooth, straighter coif which Ms . Scott sported until her Thuggee friends helpfully fashioned some Farrah Fawcett wings for her before offering her a relaxing lava bath . If I could transfer that hair , I would add it to the authentic Willie head for sure.

Last edited by Palaceslave_82 : 11-21-2014 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 09:19 PM   #1830
Palaceslave_82
IndyFan

More Club Willie Close-ups:

Indy, Shorty and Tux Willie's wild ride:

Bridge/ Finale Willie I'm working on:

There will likely be no Pankot Dinner Guest Willie, as I'm usually not interested in creating characters in costumes that saw no action in the film, (unless you count passing out at the table).

Last edited by Palaceslave_82 : 11-21-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 12-09-2014, 04:27 AM   #1831
AlinaFox
IndyFan

Wow! You really did a great job with all the Willies! The "Anything Goes" one has to be my favorite (and it makes me a bit jealous ). I'm happy to see that other customizers are still at it (I'm a bit stuck right now)...

Keep up the good work!

Best
Daniel
AlinaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 06:44 AM   #1832
hemble
IndyFan

Palaceslave_82 - all awesome looking figures indeed my hat is off to you .

Ron
hemble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 10:54 PM   #1833
Spassvogel
IndyFan

The new Doctor Who mummy fig is pretty great.

Spassvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #1834
featofstrength
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spassvogel

Oh yeah! And a lil MacFarlane Monsters love!
featofstrength is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #1835
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spassvogel

Hilarious!!! I have the same set-up on my shelf - the Doctor Who mummy coming out of the McFarlane sarcophagus!

That mummy figure (the Foretold) is just fantastic, all the more amusing if you know the character wasn't actually a mummy on the show.

(this post would probably go better in the "figures compatible with Indy" thread, but I think that one is long, long dead. )
Old 05-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #1836
inky_skin
IndyFan

The Mummy Returns !

The "Foretold" mummy looks great alongside the modern figures - how about Universal's "Karloff" Mummy (from the Funko ReAction line) facing off against the vintage Kenner Indy ?

inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 04:15 AM   #1837
Spassvogel
IndyFan

Yeah, this thread seemed to have the most action.

My other favorite skeletons/mummy-like creatures were from the Palisades Army of Darkness line. Some good stuff there as well.
Spassvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 02:36 PM   #1838
mrman7
IndyFan

Head Sculpt

The problem with Indy figures is the head sculpt. The articulation was good, the bodies were decent and the accessories were cool but Indy's face always looked like a cross-eyed homeless person. You'd think they'd make a 4 inch Indy figure that looks SOMETHING like Harrison Ford considering they have some decent looking Han Solo figures in that format. I'm not good at painting or sculpting or anything like that but I wanted a good Indy to put on my shelf so I got a KOTCS Indy with the removable hat and a Vintage Collection Han Solo in Endor garb. The neck on the Indy figures is a bit smaller (was Hasbro TRYING to prevent us from making figures that didn't stink? ) so you'll need to line the inside of the head sculpt with something to make it fit. Once you're done, you can use the KOTCS hat on the Han Solo hat to make Indy! Here's how it turned out.

The hat's a bit big but you can tilt it back

Swap out the head for a Henry Sr. body for a Professor Jones variant

And of course, gotta see Indy in action

Well whattaya think?
mrman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 12:18 AM   #1839
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Hmm.

I always appreciate seeing Indy figures well posed, but I'm not sure I buy the headswap.

There were so many Indy heads released in the line. Sure, some were problematic (and those early paint apps issues were unforgivable.)

And this Han does have a decent sculpt. But, to me, the hair is all wrong and just doesn't look like Indy to me. And the lack of facial scruff in the leather jacket outfit also spoils it.

But your pictures are fun!
Old 06-22-2015, 05:31 PM   #1840
Sea Monarch
IndyFan

Location: In a canyon, opening up an Ark of whoopa## on some goosestepping morons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Quazar
Hmm.

I always appreciate seeing Indy figures well posed, but I'm not sure I buy the headswap.

There were so many Indy heads released in the line. Sure, some were problematic (and those early paint apps issues were unforgivable.)

And this Han does have a decent sculpt. But, to me, the hair is all wrong and just doesn't look like Indy to me. And the lack of facial scruff in the leather jacket outfit also spoils it.

But your pictures are fun!

Agreed. Although, lack of 5 'o clock shadow not withstanding, that head sculpt does remind me of a certain influential character in Jones' life during the Young Indy sequence of LC.
Sea Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 08:06 PM   #1841
Billy Ray
IndyFan

I always thought that the SDCC exclusive "ultimate" Indy figure had the best sculpt:

The jury is still out on whether or not it's the same as the ToD sculpt...Hasbro claimed it was a "new sculpt" at the time but if so, they are pretty darned close:

Billy Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 11:21 PM   #1842
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
I always thought that the SDCC exclusive "ultimate" Indy figure had the best sculpt:

Billy Ray!!! Alright!!!

Yeah, I always liked that sculpt. It looks great. The ToD figure, too. But it was never quite my favorite since it doesn't quite have the personality that feels Indy to me.

I think I like the Crystal Skull Indy best, even though he's got no hat and has the aged hairstyle (and is from friggin' Crystal Skull!)
Old 07-01-2015, 03:09 PM   #1843
Kevin
IndyFan

I do think the SDCC and TOD sculpts are the same, just slight paint differences. The Crystal Skull sculpt was the closest to Ford, if you paint the hair brown, slice off the top of the head, and glue a non-removable hat on top, it looks pretty good. But the best "no customization required" head has to be the one from the temple pitfall set (assuming a good paint job).

I sure do miss walking into stores and seeing these on the shelves. It was a great line, and a blast to collect, I can't believe it's been seven years already! Glad to see folks are still having fun customizing them.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #1844
Billy Ray
IndyFan

Yeah, I got a temple pitfall Indy with and awesome paint job. I put it on a KOTCS Indy body and it is probably my favorite of all my Indys:

Old 07-05-2015, 02:06 AM   #1845
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin

I sure do miss walking into stores and seeing these on the shelves. It was a great line, and a blast to collect, I can't believe it's been seven years already! Glad to see folks are still having fun customizing them.

Yeah, me too. Every time I walk into my local toy store (which isn't very often these days), I pass by where the Indy toys used to be and give those shelves a wistful glance.

Wish the line had lasted at least another year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Ray
Yeah, I got a temple pitfall Indy with and awesome paint job. I put it on a KOTCS Indy body and it is probably my favorite of all my Indys:

I deeply regret never having bought a Temple Pitfall. That and Temple Trap were the only toys in the line I never bought, even though I knew the Pitfall had a great looking Indy sculpt. (And, come on, they may be silly but they look super fun.)

Now I'm too afraid to buy it on ebay since it's impossible to tell from the pics if the figure has decent paint apps or one of those slop jobs from early in the line's release.
Old 07-06-2015, 09:01 PM   #1846
Billy Ray
IndyFan

I know what you mean, those paint jobs were pretty hit or miss. I actually had already bought the Temple Pitfall set but when I saw the paint job on the one I posted I had to buy it. I actually bought seconds of a few figures just because I found some with way better paint apps. The Indy that came with the Akator playset I got was worlds better than the initial carded Indy I got and I am pretty sure I picked up a Marion that was a lot better too.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:31 PM   #1847
Stoo
IndyFan

Stumbled upon something which you customizers might appreciate. I think it looks great.

From a Malaysian guy named, Tommy Lin.
https://tommylinspace.wordpress.com/...indiana-jones/

Old Indy Recipe:
Head – Palpatine (“Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith”)
Torso, legs – Henry Jones (“Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”)
Arms, jacket – Monkey Man (“Raiders of the Lost Ark”)
Hands – German Soldier (“Raiders of the Lost Ark”)
Hat – Indiana Jones (“Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”)

Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:19 PM   #1848
Pale Horse

Secured for the new traveling indy, yes?
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #1849
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Tommy Lin has been making outstanding Indy figures for years and years now. Haven't seen this new Old Indy yet, but it's another masterpiece. (The Palpatine head works perfectly!)

Definitely check out his site, everyone, and click through pages and pages of extraordinary customs!