TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-06-2008, 08:04 AM   #1
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,335
Spider-Man 4

The webslinger slings again?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=45727
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #2
Katarn07
IndyFan
 
Katarn07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,234
The third one sucked. I'm not excited for this at all, especially if the original cast don't return.
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
agentsands77
IndyFan
 
agentsands77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago/Philadelphia
Posts: 970
The only way I would be up for this is if Sam Raimi doesn't return as director, and the entire thing is recast. We need an entirely different vision if we're going to push on from here.
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #4
LostArk
IndyFan
 
LostArk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, 2019
Posts: 439
The 1st and 2nd were epic. I had to watch SM3 a second time because I was falling asleep at the theater and I remember hating it but liked it after the 2nd viewing. I have no problem with a 4th but if they're gonna re-cast the main characters then there's no point in making more movies...
LostArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
Ignatius Stone
IndyFan
 
Ignatius Stone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 109
The third one suffered from too many villains syndrome.
One movie, one villain... they should always stick to that.
Ignatius Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,335
What other villians are yet to be used?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #7
LostArk
IndyFan
 
LostArk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, 2019
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
What other villians are yet to be used?

I've read about The Lizard being used in the next movies.
LostArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM   #8
agentsands77
IndyFan
 
agentsands77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago/Philadelphia
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostArk
I have no problem with a 4th but if they're gonna re-cast the main characters then there's no point in making more movies...
How so? Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are hardly definitive in their roles.
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
What other villians are yet to be used?

Lizard
Shocker
Black Cat (Sexy as hell and a bad girl)
Venom (Curt Connors still has piece of Symbiote) (Eddie Brock Sr.)
Carnage (Venom and Carnage in same movie = Spiderman 6 please)
Electro
Kraven
Beetle
Scorpion
Sandman is still alive
Hob Goblin (Roderick Kingsley version)
Kingpin
Mysterio (Bruce Campbell Please!)

Or pick 6 of the above, have them form the Sinister Six and have Spiderman face off against them over the course of a few movies.

Also give Gwen Stacey more attention because shes really hot.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #10
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Lizard
Shocker
Black Cat (Sexy as hell and a bad girl)
Venom (Curt Connors still has piece of Symbiote) (Eddie Brock Sr.)
Carnage (Venom and Carnage in same movie = Spiderman 6 please)
Electro
Kraven
Beetle
Scorpion
Sandman is still alive
Hob Goblin (Roderick Kingsley version)
Kingpin
Mysterio (Bruce Campbell Please!)

Or pick 6 of the above, have them form the Sinister Six and have Spiderman face off against them over the course of a few movies.

Also give Gwen Stacey more attention because shes really hot.

Beetle?! What's his story?
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #11
DocWhiskey
IndyFan
 
DocWhiskey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Earth
Posts: 2,386
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Beetle?! What's his story?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beetle_%28comics%29

He's really cool, but wikipedia makes it super confusing.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
If memory serves, Beetle was Abner Jenkins, an inventor. He came up w/ a Rocket pack/suit.

In Ultimate Spiderman the game, you chase him above the streets and the people below can be heard saying things like "Why is Spiderman racing Iron Man?"
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #13
G-Man
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Oxley's Birthplace
Posts: 283
Hated Spidey 3, I think Tobey and Kirsten have become stale in their roles...

Maybe the rumoured recasting http://www.latinoreview.com/news/who...pider-man-4726 may be a good thing...
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 06:43 PM   #14
MolaRam2
IndyFan
 
MolaRam2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 272
The Spider-man series needs a Batman Begins style reboot. Spider-man 3 was a total joke. Peter Parker's dark side gives him the urge to dance . I mean WTF, that was actually more stupid than Shia swinging with CGI monkeys. SM3 took itself so seriously that it only made it more painful. It was basically a soap opera with Spider-man characters. There was also way too much crying in SM3. It was just one big sobfest.

I have no desire to see Spider-man 4, unless it is a reboot.
MolaRam2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 08:42 PM   #15
TheMutt92
IndyFan
 
TheMutt92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,438
If Spiderman 4 (and after some rumors I've heard) and 5 are good, I think I can forget the negative stuff about 3. Personally, 3 should've ended w/ Sandman going his way, Venom getting away (setting up #4), and I really don't know about Harry. What I'm hoping is that in this one, maybe Peter gets an interest in the force, and slowly begins to go under under Cpt. Stacy's wing (thus introducing us a more adult Peter, and expanding Gwen and Cpt. Stacy's roles). Also, I'm dying for the Lizard! Please! After teasers in both the second AND third film, I just can't wait anymore! Oh, yeah, and Carnage would be cool (I mean, Connors still has the symbiote, wasn't Carnage a mix w/ the symbiote?!?).
TheMutt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #16
The Man
IndyFan
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Mola Ram School Of Cardiology
Posts: 5,335
Given the criticism that Spidey 3 was overstuffed, who else thinks it would have been a daring, clever idea to turn Mary Jane into Venom? Just think how perfect a twist to the 'strained lovers' plotline it would have been...
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #17
MaxPhactor23
IndyFan
 
MaxPhactor23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMutt92
If Spiderman 4 (and after some rumors I've heard) and 5 are good, I think I can forget the negative stuff about 3. Personally, 3 should've ended w/ Sandman going his way, Venom getting away (setting up #4), and I really don't know about Harry. What I'm hoping is that in this one, maybe Peter gets an interest in the force, and slowly begins to go under under Cpt. Stacy's wing (thus introducing us a more adult Peter, and expanding Gwen and Cpt. Stacy's roles). Also, I'm dying for the Lizard! Please! After teasers in both the second AND third film, I just can't wait anymore! Oh, yeah, and Carnage would be cool (I mean, Connors still has the symbiote, wasn't Carnage a mix w/ the symbiote?!?).

Will you promise me never to write a movie in your life? Please! Pretty please! ...please?
MaxPhactor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:10 PM   #18
Shortie
IndyFan
 
Shortie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Loving KOCS
Posts: 759
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Given the criticism that Spidey 3 was overstuffed, who else thinks it would have been a daring, clever idea to turn Mary Jane into Venom? Just think how perfect a twist to the 'strained lovers' plotline it would have been...
No, I want comic book movies to try to stay true to the source.


Lizard & Kraven the Hunter in Spidey 4 would be great!
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #19
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
No, I want comic book movies to try to stay true to the source.


Lizard & Kraven the Hunter in Spidey 4 would be great!

I can't see Kraven being likable w/o a major costume change but I always hated him. I am also really hoping we don't see Vulture.

I think it'd be best to get an entirely new cast, and do Black Cat, Lizard in 4. Beetle and Brock Sr. in 5. And Trask, Venom(Brock Sr.), maybe a very brief Carnage in 6.

Also in every movie Bruce Campbell should have a short appearance still, only now as Mysterio.

The lack of Harry or any male friend Peter's age would be a little wierd for 3 movies however. I really hate what Raimi did w/ 3.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #20
No Ticket
IndyFan
 
No Ticket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South America, 1936
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentsands77
The only way I would be up for this is if Sam Raimi doesn't return as director, and the entire thing is recast. We need an entirely different vision if we're going to push on from here.

Man this is something I've said before. It's so damn f'n true what they say... "You're only as good as your last film."

The first two films were exceptional and they slipped up on ONE... the LAST one and now suddenly people don't want the people who were also responsible for the terrific first two to return.

You know how LAME it sounds to completely re-cast the film so soon after the last three? That's like re-booting the franchise. That's like starting over. It's not the same series of movies.

And I don't want to water the spider-man film legacy down by doing something really stupid like that. The only way I would like a fourth to actually get made is if Raimi was back along with the rest of the cast. They just need to work a little harder on this one... perhaps they had too much confidence after how well the first two did.

Whatever the reason. People are human and nobody knows exactly how their movie is going to turn out while making it. Everyone had the best intentions, but I do agree Spidey 3 wasn't too good.

Only ONE.. ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE villain in the next one please. The storyline was far too congested in the last one to develop characters and their motivations very well.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #21
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
You know how LAME it sounds to completely re-cast the film so soon after the last three? That's like re-booting the franchise. That's like starting over. It's not the same series of movies.

Not at all, most of them have expressed little interest in coming back and Tobey looks like he's 35 years old. Raimi trys to be way too slapstick nowadays. I just found the writing of 3 awful. And the first 2 could have been way better as well. And alot more comic faithful.

Keep Jameson and the crew at the Bugle, keep Gwen and all the other minor characters and recast Tobey and Dunst, it woudn't bother me at all.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:43 AM   #22
No Ticket
IndyFan
 
No Ticket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South America, 1936
Posts: 2,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckard
Not at all, most of them have expressed little interest in coming back and Tobey looks like he's 35 years old. Raimi trys to be way too slapstick nowadays. I just found the writing of 3 awful. And the first 2 could have been way better as well. And alot more comic faithful.

Keep Jameson and the crew at the Bugle, keep Gwen and all the other minor characters and recast Tobey and Dunst, it woudn't bother me at all.

I liked the first two just fine and I think that Tobey did a great job in them. The problem in 3 was mainly due to rushing the plot because there were so many characters to focus on giving little time for dev.

That and f'n up how "turning bad" would affect Peter... and also Venom's design and execution was done kind of poorly. Kind of.... I meant to say very.

But I'd still rather have them in the roles then some other group of people.
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:47 AM   #23
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Ya Tobey wasn't the problem in the first 2, what comes to mind most is Peter doing that little walk down the street in 2, the dancing and singing? in 3... And I just can't get over the lack of Gwen Stacey being dropped from a bridge, her death played a huge role in Spidey's life. But it's what we got so I deal with it best I can, now that we have this new oppurtunity tho, I want to see a little change. Like I said my main problem with those 2 big star actors is becoming there age. Peter should be like 21-23 he looks 30 at best.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:48 AM   #24
agentsands77
IndyFan
 
agentsands77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago/Philadelphia
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Ticket
The first two films were exceptional and they slipped up on ONE... the LAST one and now suddenly people don't want the people who were also responsible for the terrific first two to return.
Well, I didn't like the first two. I find SPIDER-MAN and SPIDER-MAN 2 to be only slightly less poor than the third installment. So, naturally, I would like an entirely different team to tackle the next Spider-man movie, with an entirely different vision.
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #25
sandiegojones
IndyFan
 
sandiegojones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,251
They should go in a different route for 4. Venom shouldn't have been in 3. I don't think 3 is a bad movie, but could have been better and was rushed. The current trilogy is kind of like the 60's comics. A lot of teenage angst and goofiness. They should move on to "The Spectacular Spider-Man" and go in a more mature and realistic direction like Batman or Iron Man (and hopefully the new Hulk). Hopefully the effects will be better too. Spider-man 2 was really good, but 1 & 3 were too cartoonish. They also need to get rid of Mary Jane and have someone like Black Cat. Plus, now that Marvel has their own studio they can mix heroes up in films, regardless of the big studios.

Last edited by sandiegojones : 06-08-2008 at 10:21 AM.
sandiegojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 PM.