User Name
Password

Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #51
The Man
IndyFan

He's back! Er, back-to-back?!

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.co...-at-same-time/

Quote:
Sony doesn't want any info to leak but I'm told that both star Tobey Maguire and director Sam Raimi will be returning to make Zodiac screenwriter Jamie Vanderbilt's script of Spider-Man 4.

Quote:
I'm also told that, right now, the studio is trying to figure out if it can feasibly shoot Spider-Man 4 and 5 at the same time because doing that is so cost effective and "it wasn't so easy to get everybody back together".
The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:17 PM   #52
RocketSledFight
IndyFan

For God's Sake, Raimi. You are the person who got me into film. Please leave Spiderman be and do something that will take your career in a better direction than Spidey 3.
RocketSledFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 PM   #53
glorbes
IndyFan

Spider-Man 3 effectively killed the franchise for me. Until Iron Man and Dark Knight came out this year, part 2 was the comic book movie benchmark...then three killed the buzz in a spectacular fashion. I'd like to see Raimi move on to something else because I do like him as a director...just no more Spider-Man.
glorbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #54
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorbes
Spider-Man 3 effectively killed the franchise for me. Until Iron Man and Dark Knight came out this year, part 2 was the comic book movie benchmark...then three killed the buzz in a spectacular fashion. I'd like to see Raimi move on to something else because I do like him as a director...just no more Spider-Man.

He is a good director. But I think the main problem was the script and the fact that it was 'personal' and wasted Venom. Since he's not in control of the script I really don't care. And if Spidey 4 (and 5) are good, I'll be willing to forgive 3's faults (except Venom )
TheMutt92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #55
agentsands77
IndyFan

Well, my interest level in the Spider-man franchise just dropped a whole ton.
agentsands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #56
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Just read something which stated that the inclusion of Venom in Spidey 3 was all Avi Arad's (the producer's) idea. So, I don't blame Raimi as much (despite the fact that we still have an only good movie )
Old 09-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #57
The Man
IndyFan

Where does Kirsten Dunst stand in all this? The Mary Jane story arc is tired. Just tired...
Old 09-06-2008, 02:49 PM   #58
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man
Where does Kirsten Dunst stand in all this? The Mary Jane story arc is tired. Just tired...

Spidey 1 should've featured Gwen Stacy, w/ Mary Jane just the girl-next-door, then had either at the end or beginning of Spidey 2 Peter notices her. Maybe it wouldn't be so tired then...
Old 09-06-2008, 03:26 PM   #59
The Man
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMutt92
Spidey 1 should've featured Gwen Stacy, w/ Mary Jane just the girl-next-door, then had either at the end or beginning of Spidey 2 Peter notices her. Maybe it wouldn't be so tired then...

To have her in peril at climax of not one, not two, but three movies is lazy.*

*To be honest, Dunst doesn't float my boat anyway...
Old 09-06-2008, 03:29 PM   #60
Crusade>Raiders
IndyFan

I love Sam Raimi. He made a few great movies.

I like James Vanderbilt. The Rundown was better than I could ever hope for, and Zodiac was the biggest Oscar snub in awhile IMO.

I like Tobey McGuire. He's a good actor, and a decent Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

But I really wish Marvel would move on to something else. Give the Spidey series a rest for a few years.

That said, 2010 is shaping up to be a monster, which should make up for 2009's lackluster combo of G.I. Joe and Transformers 2.
Crusade>Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #61
TheMutt92
IndyFan

[quote=The Man]To have her in peril at climax of not one, not two, but three movies is lazy.[quote]

Yeah, it was suppose to be Gwen at the end of Spidey 3, but I guess it made more sense for MJ (the most logical exclusion of her distress would probably be the end of Spidey 2).
Old 09-07-2008, 12:51 PM   #62
indyrcks
IndyFan

I loved the bit where Peter Parker was dancing in the Jazz Club it was so funny the way he did it
indyrcks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 08:44 PM   #63
Shortie
IndyFan

I hope they re-cast Dunst.
Shortie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 09:11 PM   #64
|ZiR|
IndyFan

I just want more delicious Gwen Stacy.

|ZiR| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #65
The Man
IndyFan

http://chud.com/articles/articles/16...ELY/Page1.html

Quote:
Times Online is reporting that Tobey Maguire has talked Sony into a $50m deal to make the two films back to back over six months.

Quote:
Where's the script, and what's it about? Will the two films tie closely together, or will they be more or less standalone stories that just take advantage of a common production schedule?
Old 09-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #66
Shortie
IndyFan

Lizard & Kraven for 4.
Venom & Carnage for 5.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #67
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Quote:
Kirsten Dunst "in" for Spider-Man 4
Source:MTV September 29, 2008

The recent revelation that Sony Pictures is looking to shoot Spider-Man 4 and Spider-Man 5 at the same time didn't reveal whether Kirsten Dunst would rejoin director Sam Raimi and Tobey Maguire for the films.

Now, Dunst has told MTV that she'll be back as Mary Jane Watson:

"I'm in," said the actress matter of factly. However, when pressed to make the announcement official, Dunst quickly changed her tone, and rather cryptically added, "I'm not saying anything, I know there's rumors..."

The studio is targeting a May 2011 release for the fourth pic.

I'm kinda glad about this in a sense because we won't have a jarring continuity problem like Rachel in the Batman films.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 PM   #68
TheMutt92
IndyFan

Quote:
Although things weren’t looking too good for awhile, “Spider-Man” has overcome adversities tougher than a Green Goblin-Doc Ock team-up, and now once again has Tobey Maguire and Sam Raimi in his corner. But what about Kirsten Dunst?

“Kirsten, I’d love to work with her again,” Raimi explained to us this week, making it sound as if current plans to include Dunst for “Spider-Man 4” and “Spider-Man 5” are still up in the air, despite recent statements that she wants to remain with the franchise. “I hope she’ll be written into it. I couldn’t imagine making one without her, and I think she’s an important part of the movies.”

Nevertheless, Raimi admitted that the very nature of an episodic series requires that characters come and go. “I wish I could work with James Franco again,” said the man who directed the first three hit movies. “But his character died in the last one; same with Uncle Ben. Fortunately, we’ve been able to bring back all the dead characters [like Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn or Cliff Robertson as Ben Parker]. I can’t let them go, in each and every picture; but it gets harder and harder.”

Now things are about to get hard yet again for Raimi, as he’s making plans to continue the cinematic tale of Peter Parker. “I’m really excited about Spider-Man, and I’m hoping to direct it,” he cautioned. “I don’t have a script yet, but production would start probably by March of 2010, I’m guessing. It sounds like a long time away, but we need a script first, and a lot of pre-production has to take place.”

The filmmaking legend also revealed to us that there is a lot of truth behind rumors that he might shoot the next two “Spider-Man” films at the same time. “That had been talked about,” he said, deferring to the head of his studio. “It’s Amy Pascal’s decision. I don’t think it has been decided yet, and she’s the one that’s really going to make that decision; I’m really curious myself.”

By his own admission, “Spider-Man 3” was an exhaustive film to shoot, but Raimi is confident he can handle the double duty. “It would be a real endurance test, probably only Peter Jackson knows how hard something like that would be,” he marveled, hinting that “4” and “5” would be very closely linked in storyline. “If Tobey and me, and all the producers, like the story for two pictures and Amy wanted to do it, then we would do it. It just hasn’t been written yet.”

Finally, Raimi offered comment on the wishes of fans (and yours truly) to finally let Dylan Baker’s storyline come to fruition. “He’s a great actor, and I think one day The Lizard’s story will be told,” he teased, referring to Baker’s Curt Connors character. “I don’t know if it will be this one or not. I just don’t know. I’m definitely hoping to work with Dylan in the picture. I just don’t know who the villain is yet.”

Hmmm... this mystery script (or scripts?) intrigues me...
Old 10-31-2008, 07:37 AM   #69
The Man
IndyFan

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=23551

Quote:
Whoever said comic-book movies were for kids clearly doesn't know Jack - or, for that matter, Peter. Because a new writer is in final negotiations to work on Spider-Man 4, and he's Pulitzer winning playwright David Lindsay-Abaire.

Quote:
That isn't to say that Lindsay-Abaire hasn't worked on movies before or that he doesn't have a sense of fun - he wrote the movie adaptation of the upcoming kids' fantasy Inkheart, and is currently working on the book and lyrics for the Broadway incarnation of Shrek. He's also adapting his Pulitzer winner Rabbit Hole for the screen, with Nicole Kidman lined up to star.

Quote:
But this is an encouraging sign that Spider-Man 4 might focus more on character again than on squeezing in as many bad guys as possible and then shortchanging them, because Lindsay-Abaire's plays tend to focus on "outsiders in search of clarity", which is a description of Spidey alter-ego Peter Parker if ever we heard one.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #70
The Man
IndyFan

Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #71
Lance Quazar
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man

And thus the curtain is pulled back and Hollywood's machinery is exposed -

movie making by release date, not by story.

Sigh.

Loved SM1 & 2. Three was an absolute catastrophe. I'd love to see this franchise shelved.

The concept of an Avengers movie remains dubious, particularly if it includes Thor.
Lance Quazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #72
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Dunst couldn't act herself out of a paper bag
The Magic Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #73
Shortie
IndyFan

IMO, they should have Dunst re-cast & have Spidey tell jokes when he's fighting the villain. They started it in Spidey 3 (I'm the only sherrif in this town, or something like that).

It sucks that Spidey pushed Captain America out of it's first date. I have no idea why Marvel isn't releasing that on July 4th. Whatever, I have a feeling they'll move the dates around again & Cap will end in the July 4th spot where it should of been all along.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #74
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortie
IMO, they should have Dunst re-cast & have Spidey tell jokes when he's fighting the villain. They started it in Spidey 3 (I'm the only sherrif in this town, or something like that).

It sucks that Spidey pushed Captain America out of it's first date. I have no idea why Marvel isn't releasing that on July 4th. Whatever, I have a feeling they'll move the dates around again & Cap will end in the July 4th spot where it should of been all along.

Yeah, you'd think so.
The Magic Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:12 PM   #75
A2Steve
IndyFan

they could always have MJ's storyline be about her battling for Peter against the Black Cat.... now that is one cat fight I want to see!

the question, who is the Black Cat? my nomnation, Eliza Dushku... seems born to wear skingtight black outfits.
A2Steve is offline   Reply With Quote