Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 02-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #51
Moedred
Administrator

Rumor:
Quote:
Twitch has learned that Harrison Ford has entered into early talks to join the new Blade Runner. While this is still very early stages and it is quite possible that things won't work out the obvious implication is that what we are looking at is not a reboot but a direct sequel to the original.
Denied:
Quote:
"It is absolutely patently false that there has been any discussion about Harrison Ford being in Blade Runner."

"What Ridley does in Prometheus is a good template for what we’re trying to do. He created something that has some association to the original Alien, but lives on its own as a standalone movie." Asked point blank if Ford could resurface, Kosove said: "In advance of knowing what we’re going to do, I supposed you could say yes, he could. But I think it is quite unlikely."

Last edited by Moedred : 02-06-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:12 PM   #52
Montana Smith
IndyFan

It would be safe to assume, looking at Harrison, that Deckard outlived Rachael no matter what cut this one followed.

I suppose there's no reason why he couldn't appear as a retired version of himself, but it may look like a shoe horn if Ridley's Prometheus-style intentions are true.
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:22 PM   #53
Dr. Gonzo
IndyFan

Harrison had a hell of a time making Blade Runner anyway (meaning one of the worst acting experiences he ever had.) It was hell on him... it would take a hell of a lot to get him in a movie like this again with Ridley. I don't think Harry would do it.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:56 AM   #54
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
It would be safe to assume, looking at Harrison, that Deckard outlived Rachael no matter what cut this one followed.
Those were my first thoughts as well.

Unless, of course, it's a prequel and he's playing the original.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #55
phantom train
IndyFan

The original '82 Blade Runner is an iconic sci-fi classic, and works perfectly as a stand-alone film. There is no reason why this should have a sequel.
phantom train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #56
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom train
The original '82 Blade Runner is an iconic sci-fi classic, and works perfectly as a stand-alone film. There is no reason why this should have a sequel.

It does stand very well alone, but for those who want more K. W. Jeter wrote three sequels. I don't know if anything from them could feature in Ridley's new vision as I still haven't gotten round to reading them.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #57
Moedred
Administrator

Ridley Scott on Ford: "I’m not sure that that’s going to be a story point, so I don’t know. But if it were, nothing would please me more. Honestly."
Old 10-16-2012, 08:03 PM   #58
Moedred
Administrator

Ridley Scott: "It’s not a rumour – it’s happening. With Harrison Ford? I don’t know yet. Is he too old? Well, he was a Nexus-6 so we don’t know how long he can live [laughs]. And that’s all I’m going to say at this stage."
Old 10-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #59
Gekkos Big Baws

Bladerunner2 CONFIRMED!

Harrison Ford is in current discussion with Ridley Scott regarding a sequel to the '82 sci-fi yarn that is considered, by most, as Fords finest hour, and arguably science fiction fandoms all time greatest film. Who can argue that?

The soundbyte was heard less than 20 minutes ago, by myself, on Londons LBC radio, which is celebrating 40 years of air time - and the good news has been validated by Mr. H himself, as he was promoting his latest effort Enders Game.

I am so excited by this I just cancelled Christmas for the next 1000 years, and logged in just to share the news with the Raven community. More excited about this than the Star Wars sequel.

Yes! YES!! and F*ckin' YES!!!

Get this one on. This is the movie I have been waiting for since KOCS - before and beyond!
Gekkos Big Baws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #60
Spurlock
IndyFan

So I assume you didn't see Prometheus?

I don't really if this is good or bad news, judging on Hollywood's track record with sequels to old franchises, this can go either way. On one hand, it could leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth and bring down the acclaim of Blade Runner, or it could loved by some and hated by others, leaving the internet in ruin. THOSE ARE THE ONLY TWO OPTIONS. There is no scenario in which it is fantastic and everyone loves it, or where everyone accepts it at okay.

That being said, I wish Ford was doing IJ5 instead of Bladerunner 2. But good to see he's still wants to act in roles like this.
Spurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #61
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekkos Big Baws
Harrison Ford is in current discussion with Ridley Scott regarding a sequel to the '82 sci-fi yarn that is considered, by most, as Fords finest hour...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurlock
So I assume you didn't see Prometheus?

Prometheus was good so no worries there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurlock
That being said, I wish Ford was doing IJ5 instead of Bladerunner 2. But good to see he's still wants to act in roles like this.

BR b4 IJ.

The only problem is, if Deckard had a four year lifespan, he didn't age as well as the other Nexus-6.

Unless he was an older model without an expiry date, but with a natural ageing process.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #62
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
The only problem is, if Deckard had a four year lifespan, he didn't age as well as the other Nexus-6.

Unless he was an older model without an expiry date, but with a natural ageing process.

...or of course Deckard isn't a replicant.
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:42 AM   #63
Attila the Professor

Threads merged.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #64
Gekkos Big Baws

Perhaps Rachael is to outlive Deckard? As she is, after all, an advanced Nexus series. Knowing that time is robbing her of him she must crack the code of the key to immortality on the back of Tyrell's findings. Thus learning how futile man's pursuit for permanence truly is.

There is also the possibility that assuming she functions on the same biological level she could procreate. Imagine that replicants replicating?

Ooh the speculation. Well pepper me in glee today.
Gekkos Big Baws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 04:04 PM   #65
Forbidden Eye
IndyFan

Harrison Ford officially offered role...

I guess at this point Ford's career has pretty much been reduced to reprising Han Solo/Indiana Jones/Rick Deckard.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57188083/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
Forbidden Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 05:03 AM   #66
AndyLGR
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Eye
I guess at this point Ford's career has pretty much been reduced to reprising Han Solo/Indiana Jones/Rick Deckard.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57188083/?ref_=hm_nw_tp_t1
And thats a bad thing? They're not bad roles to have on your cv are they and this stage of his life he gets the chance to star in more blockbusters. Let's hope the films aren't a let down.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #67
Moedred
Administrator

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/08/2...etheus-sequels
Quote:
“It’s written and it’s damn good,” Ridley Scott says of the Blade Runner sequel. “Of course it involves Harrison, who is a survivor after all these years—despite the accident,” he says with a laugh (referring, no doubt, to Ford’s Star Wars injury). “So yes, that will happen.” (Ford’s camp has not yet responded on Ford’s commitment to the project.)
Old 08-27-2014, 04:37 PM   #68
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred

They'd better have a really smart, non-Ass Pull explanation for why Deckard is still alive all these decades later when he's a replicant himself.

Otherwise....cool news.
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #69
Moedred
Administrator

The tricky part will be pairing him with Sigourney Weaver. Promehteus 2 will explain everything.
Old 11-13-2014, 05:47 PM   #70
Moedred
Administrator

The Nexus 6 Androids have finally arrived.
I hope Ford never has to use the term "phablet."
Old 11-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #71
Moedred
Administrator

Ridley Scott:
Quote:
“We talked at length about what it could be, and came up with a pretty strong three-act storyline, and it all makes sense in terms of how it relates to the first one. Harrison is very much part of this one, but really it’s about finding him; he comes in in the third act.” Per Scott, that Alcon Entertainment production should go before the cameras within the next year, but with someone else directing (he’ll produce).
Old 12-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #72
Moedred
Administrator

http://gizmodo.com/1670285432
Quote:
Harrison Ford absolutely loves the script for the upcoming Blade Runner sequel. So much so that Ford apparently called it the best thing he's ever read.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:38 PM   #73
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Wow... It's not like Harry to use big superlatives about scripts like that.

If this is true, it's time to get excited about BR2 !

Last edited by Z dweller : 12-15-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #74
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z dweller
Wow... It's not like Harry to use big superlatives about scripts like that.
Even if it is not his habit, it's still a huge error in logic to assume - without better knowledge - that he has the same literary tastes as you. Could be he does, could be he doesn't.

Next in news: Ford states that the back of a cereal box that promises a propeller cap for anyone collecting twenty lids is the second best thing he ever read.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2014, 12:16 PM   #75
Z dweller
IndyFan

Location: The old colonel was right - but he never even got close...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Even if it is not his habit, it's still a huge error in logic to assume - without better knowledge - that he has the same literary tastes as you. Could be he does, could be he doesn't.

Next in news: Ford states that the back of a cereal box that promises a propeller cap for anyone collecting twenty lids is the second best thing he ever read.
While Ford is probably not as scholarly as Indy, I am inclined to believe his literary tastes may well be broader than the back of a cereal box.
Z dweller is offline   Reply With Quote