Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 03-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #51
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Thanks, guys! Too bad I couldn't get a sharper screencap of Indy, it would've looked even better.

You're very welcome, it's a feast for the eyes! The fuzzy-looking Indy may be kind of a drag, but it's still a treat. Keep 'em coming!
Indy's brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 PM   #52
Indyfan4ever
IndyFan

Here is something I thought I would put together. I would love for a scene like this to happen in Indy V. So comment and tell me what think

-IndyFan4Ever

Indyfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 PM   #53
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfan4ever
Here is something I thought I would put together. I would love for a scene like this to happen in Indy V. So comment and tell me what think

-IndyFan4Ever

I'm loving it! Indy needs to get back on a horse for the next film anyway...PERFECT!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #54
Morning Bell
IndyFan

All of these picture are really encouraging and make me think that a snow-covered location, in some capacity, would be great in another Indy film.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:04 PM   #55
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Heh, I'm loving this...
The Magic Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 06:08 AM   #56
arkfinder
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
Seriously, Moedred...GREAT find. This one looks like a scene from an Indy flick by the way they set up the "shot":

Frickin' Awesome!!!

That would work. Maybe Lucas & Co. could place Indy & Mutt in Russia during winter.
arkfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:10 AM   #57
Indy's brother
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkfinder
That would work. Maybe Lucas & Co. could place Indy & Mutt in Russia during winter.

Indy 5 with russians should include Indy in a Soviet Military disguise!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 AM   #58
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyfan4ever
Those aero-sleds look awfully familiar.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #59
arkfinder
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy's brother
Indy 5 with russians should include Indy in a Soviet Military disguise!

Absolutly !
arkfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #60
Moedred
Administrator

Where Eagles Dare...
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #61
QBComics
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
Oh heck yes... Siberian aero-sled chase!

Many more here.

Ooooo, Now we're talking.

I would love to see Indiana Jones in the Arctic or something like that. Hollow Earth handled it well. Mystery of the Blues was great, and I would love to see the Tomb of Gods gear in film.
QBComics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:14 PM   #62
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Great flick (and poster)! They don't make 'em like this anymore. Visiting Hitler's "Eagle's Nest" near Berchtesgaden, made this movie come to mind...and snow-bound, cable-car thrills & spills are right on the money, Moedred!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBComics
Ooooo, Now we're talking.
We're going to include an aero-sled scene in our fan-animated short.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:56 PM   #63
Hans
IndyFan

awesome and thet would make a good movie.
Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #64
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vile
Don't get me wrong... I think it's crucial that they try and work in as many varied locales and terrains as possible (if they do an Indy V that is)... and a snow bound one is certainly worthy of consideration (and one I'd like to see purely for the sake of being different).

Again, I’m thinking more of the practicalities/feasibility side of things rather than whether that environment would work on screen…
1) Would Spielberg/Lucas really consider going on location (for anything more than 2nd unit type stuff) to an environment that risked an unpleasant experience for the crew? I doubt it (no matter how good it could be on screen).
2) Would having a snow type environment mean that they’d potentially have to look to CGI to fully realize it? Is that something we’d be comfortable with on screen?
3) Could you actually stage something akin to the truck/tank and jungle chase on location in artic conditions? Is it practical to do?

So the practical side of me thinks that whilst you could get away with some 2nd unit shooting in a snowy/icy locale, principle on location shooting would be highly problematical... if you wanted on location set pieces akin to truck/tank/jungle chase that is (as opposed to sound stage).

If you want something equal to the truck chase/tank chase/jungle chase why not a snowblower? When I think of this, I think of 007 OHMSS, in the ski chase, one of the skiers fall into the blower and is shreded and bloody snow comes out of the vent. I thing it would be reminisent of the Tank chase. Indy could figh a 'Colonel' figure on top of the blower as it clears a path for the motorcade. At the end of the fight the officer falls into the shreder and bloody snow flies out; kinda like what the flying wing propeller did to the mechanic!
Col. Detritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:17 AM   #65
Darth Vile
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Detritch
If you want something equal to the truck chase/tank chase/jungle chase why not a snowblower? When I think of this, I think of 007 OHMSS, in the ski chase, one of the skiers fall into the blower and is shreded and bloody snow comes out of the vent. I thing it would be reminisent of the Tank chase. Indy could figh a 'Colonel' figure on top of the blower as it clears a path for the motorcade. At the end of the fight the officer falls into the shreder and bloody snow flies out; kinda like what the flying wing propeller did to the mechanic!

That would be good.
Darth Vile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #66
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

I was just thinking, if Indy was in Alaska, the Russians could be the enemies. This is one Idea I find appealing about it; Indy could be on the ice with someone with a clue or something when a large Soviet Nuclear Sub crashes up from under the ice. The Russian's hold him up and our villain steps out of the sub swarvly and forcefully takes the artifact with a villainous grin. Then Indy and the other person would be loaded onto the brink of the sub, captured!

Then it leaves the sub open as a set piece for the major climactic chase sequence. Indy and his partner would have to escape the sub while it has surfaced and maybe board a boat. I was thinking it could be on the icy cold water so there could be many boats in the water with the sub, firing on Indy on his boat, and on the isles of ice on either side of them snow mobiles firing. In an all-out action fest sending the traditional Indy chase sequence out for its last spin in style!

http://02varvara.files.wordpress.com...yazan-ssbn.jpg

Last edited by Moedred : 10-20-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: pic made the thread too wide
Old 10-27-2009, 02:17 AM   #67
Col. Detritch
IndyFan

Sorry Moedred, the pic was a little big!
Old 12-22-2010, 02:44 PM   #68
Moedred
Administrator

Just more aerosani pics. Has no film ever featured them?
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #69
Pale Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Great flick (and poster)!

Eagles Dare is a quintessential homage film...if they ever take that route.
Pale Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:08 PM   #70
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

I always wanted Indy IV or V to be in some snowy area at one point during the film. I think Indy works best in a desert or jungle and seeing him in snow would get stale for more than 45 mins of the film, but it's still an ideal place that I want Indy V to have some set pieces in.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #71
Dig Site 1138
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jonesy
I always wanted Indy IV or V to be in some snowy area at one point during the film. I think Indy works best in a desert or jungle and seeing him in snow would get stale for more than 45 mins of the film, but it's still an ideal place that I want Indy V to have some set pieces in.

Maybe it could be set in Wyoming in 1950. Indy and his new associate Grey Cloud are trying to elude some tough guys who are trying to take back a valuable (and presumably historically significant) Native American Pipe Bowl. Chased into the teeth of a blizzard, Dr Jones and Grey Cloud crash their pickup into a snow bank and set out on foot, eventually making their way to an abandoned hunting cabin.

Little do our heroes realize the cabin contains a terrifying relic- a Soprano Saxophone!!

Dig Site 1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:30 PM   #72
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
A couple of nights ago, I was watching a program about the Battle of Stalingrad on "20th Century Battlefields" which aired on the Military Channel. It featured them in a few shots of actual b/w footage. Very cool to see them in action and wish I had recorded it!

If memory serves correctly, they aren't any in the 1993 film, "Stalingrad", unfortunately. Any Russian fans out there who know if they've been used in a movie?
Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 AM   #73
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:

None that I can think of. It would, however, fit in with the series' desperate need of a palette change. No more earth tones! Mix in this aerosled chase with my China/Mongolian idea, and you could have a stellar addition to the canon.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 04:34 PM   #74
Indy's brother
IndyFan

You know, depending on the locale, the northern lights would be a great touch in an Indy 5
Old 01-19-2011, 02:44 PM   #75
Stoo
IndyFan

Yes, Indy's brother, that would be a very, nice touch even if it would be only for just 1 shot (like the shooting star in "Doom").

I've seen Aurora Borealis 3 times. Twice in the '80s at our family's summer house in the country but they were just small, fleeting wisps of green. The 3rd time was a rare occurrence in Southern Ontario, 2004. Sky-filling waves of red & blue. MAGICAL experience!