TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Old 10-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #3726
Kooshmeister
IndyFan

My second (and final) Crystal Skeleton got here in the mail today.
Kooshmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #3727
kevblee
IndyFan

Do NOT take a hot iron to your hat! If your hat is made of Fur Felt...not the cheaper wool one,....you can shape it using hot steam. Crease and indent your hat with your hands....then boil some water and hold the hat over , into the steam coming off the pot. Do not burn your hat in the water, or on the stove please. Rotate in the steam...and then let it sit. (If you hat is wool, keep it away from water...it will shrink and deform)

Check out more info at Indygear.com. Good Luck!
kevblee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #3728
Goonie
IndyFan

I was on a job hunting trip to Calgary the last few days so I couldn't pick up KOTCS on DVD until today. I got the 2-disc lenticular cover one from Walmart to match the rest of the lenticular cover Indy movies I got earlier this year. I guess next week's acquisition will be Indy mag #4.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 09:06 PM   #3729
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

I got 2 official Indiana Jones coloring books today....... There very movie accurate.
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 07:51 AM   #3730
JimmyPSHayes
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
I got 2 official Indiana Jones coloring books today....... There very movie accurate.
Can I ask where you got them? I've been looking for the coloring books and have yet to find them.
JimmyPSHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:09 AM   #3731
Crack that whip
IndyFan

In the "collectibles for the ultra-low budget" department, I picked up one of the Papa John's gift cards yesterday. Oh, and a pizza in the Indy box, but as the box is used I won't be keeping it. The gift card is free, though (since you're expected to put money on it). Not a huge deal, but kind of nice all the same (and the price is as good as it gets, anyway)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyPSHayes
Can I ask where you got them? I've been looking for the coloring books and have yet to find them.

Oh... I haven't exactly been looking for coloring books and the like so I haven't kept close track of such things, but FWIW I believe I saw them a while back (a couple / few months) at Dollar General, of all places. Do you have that chain in your area?
Crack that whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #3732
monkey man
IndyFan

Five and Below (NJ) had the coloring books too. I guess they are showing up in the cheap clearance kind of stores.
monkey man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:36 AM   #3733
indyclone25
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crack that whip
In the "collectibles for the ultra-low budget" department, I picked up one of the Papa John's gift cards yesterday. Oh, and a pizza in the Indy box, but as the box is used I won't be keeping it. The gift card is free, though (since you're expected to put money on it). Not a huge deal, but kind of nice all the same (and the price is as good as it gets, anyway)...

Oh... I haven't exactly been looking for coloring books and the like so I haven't kept close track of such things, but FWIW I believe I saw them a while back (a couple / few months) at Dollar General, of all places. Do you have that chain in your area?

if you go in wearing your indy hat they may give you another grease free box, i asked for one and my guy gave me one ( but i went twice since the promo started ) and asked for my son to come so he could see his too
indyclone25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #3734
indyclone25
IndyFan

well we (my son and i ) went out hunting today and we found a empty box used for seeling the kotcs trading cards and asked the manager and he gave it us ,then went to meijer to see if they had any new figures but no, but i did get the indy magazine issue #4,and finally we went kaybee toys and found a 12 inch colonel dovchenko with ants on him--- so not the most spectacular day but at least we got some kool stuff
Old 10-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #3735
bonoferox
IndyFan

My order from HTS came today Now I have all but the Temple Guard.
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #3736
DrJones35
IndyFan

mine too. i have the whole LC wave minus elsa
DrJones35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:52 PM   #3737
Crack that whip
IndyFan

After days of contemplating the various options out there (concerning the various vendor exclusives), I just picked up Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull on DVD, with the LEGO Indy mini-posters from Kmart. I almost opted for one of the other exclusives out of my irritation that they used the Raiders of the Lost Ark '82 reissue one-sheet art as the basis for the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster (there's no "real" Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster in the set and two Raiders of the Lost Ark ones, but one of them is labeled Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - pretty sloppy error on someone's part), but in the end I still think they're just too neat to pass up, and I'm trying to be fairly completist when it comes to collecting Indy LEGO. The Best Buy Crystal Skull sculpture very nearly won me over, though.

I believe I'll scoop up the Blu-ray from Circuit City, to get the concept art lithos, but the Target book packaging is wonderful. It would easily be the top choice for getting the movie, were it not for the fact the book is an abridgment of a book available elsewhere on its own with a lot more material.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:17 PM   #3738
metalinvader
IndyFan

I wanted the Lego posters too but the lack of a real TOD poster really threw me off.I would have loved to have seen Struzan's TOD poster done in Lego form.So how big exactaly are the posters?
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 01:47 PM   #3739
Crack that whip
IndyFan

I don't have a ruler handy, but they're almost the size of two DVD cases placed side by side, and then turned on their side. They actually come folded in half, shrinkwrapped to the back of the DVD case, with the outer cardboard sleeve slid over that (the posters are actually shrinkwrapped in their own little package, with a piece of cardboard to help keep them flat, and that package is then shrinkwrapped to the back of the DVD).

They're not very big then, obviously (hence "mini poster), but still nice, though I can see how the lack of a proper Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom poster (or the wrong title on one of the Raiders of the Lost Ark one, if you prefer to put it that way) could be a deal-killer for some (it almost was for me).

It's kind of particularly irksome there's no Temple poster, though, since one of the earliest promotional images for Indy LEGO sets was based on the Bruce Wolfe art for the original Temple style "A" poster, as seen in promo images from a dealer catalog seen in some of the posts (like this one) from fellow Raver fixer79 (thanks, fixer!):

Last edited by Crack that whip : 10-19-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:04 PM   #3740
indyclone25
IndyFan

i picked an new indy t-shirt from the crackelbarrel resturant , it was 70% off and it cost 5.25--- so i bought two --- nice shirt it says ' the hero returns" and has the indy artwork by struzan which is from the last crusade teaser with the yellow background that indy has now on toys and other collectibles
Old 10-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #3741
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

This was a great weekend for me!!!

I got Young Indy volumes 2 and 3 as a gift

I go into a Super Target and find the Mutt and Henry Sr. Mighty Muggs! They had monkey man to but he diddn't look to appealing. This Target had Grail Knights and Henry Sr.'s like a wal-mart has jacketless Mutts!

I got the 2 Target Battle packs I needed

and my Akator set Arrived Saturday compliments of Tnswman!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Weekend
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #3742
Calamari
IndyFan

This week I picked up all 3 target battle packs, the Blu-ray circuit city exclusive of Crystall Skull with the mini lithos, and the photographic journal book from amazon.
I have a "pile of loot" at big bad toy store with the Akator temple, young indy from "crusade", Indy with submachine gun from "crusade", Grail Knight from "crusade", and the entire Temple of doom wave waiting for me to release it once a couple more pre ordered items come in. (save some money on shipping and handling this way).
Calamari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #3743
vf wing
IndyFan

I found my old Toht and Arab Swordsman from the Kenner days! Both apparently saw some duty in my brother's action figure wrestling organization, and as such have some red magic marker on their faces. But that'll probably wash off! Still need to locate Toht's coat, but it's around here somewhere!
vf wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:42 AM   #3744
Spalkomania
IndyFan

I got home from work today to find that my ToD figures had arrived. The paint apps look spot on so that's a big relief.
Spalkomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:48 AM   #3745
monkey man
IndyFan

Walmart is blowing out the Indy Monopoly set (NJ) $10.00. A heads up for anyone who wanted this game but didn't want to pay $30.00 for it.
The cloth canopy Cargo Truck was also spotted. No TOD figures.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #3746
Lambonius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey man
Walmart is blowing out the Indy Monopoly set (NJ) $10.00. A heads up for anyone who wanted this game but didn't want to pay $30.00 for it.
The cloth canopy Cargo Truck was also spotted. No TOD figures.

This is great news, as I'm in exactly that boat (really wanting the game but being strapped for cash.) I'll start checking my local WM for the price drop!
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #3747
indyclone25
IndyFan

my walmart still has the monoply game at 29.98
Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #3748
CommanderDude
IndyFan

Hi guys ...

its not a Acquisition but i didnt want open a new thread... so im asking here ...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE ?

Im still searching the ToD Wave and no one of the sellers i wrote to got the complete wave or shipping them to germany... is there a chance anyone of you guys help out a german-frustrated-indy fan ???

PLEEEEEEEEEASE...
CommanderDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:28 PM   #3749
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderDude
Hi guys ...

its not a Acquisition but i didnt want open a new thread... so im asking here ...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE ?

Im still searching the ToD Wave and no one of the sellers i wrote to got the complete wave or shipping them to germany... is there a chance anyone of you guys help out a german-frustrated-indy fan ???

PLEEEEEEEEEASE...

Entertainment Earth ships Internationally. Try them.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...mber=HND40070D
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #3750
monkey man
IndyFan

I noticed that another Walmart hadn't dropped the Monopoly price either. What the heck? They blew out the Akator Game too $5.00. Now it's back to $19.99 if you can find it at Walmart at all.
Anyone in North NJ. Rte. 46. Might be Saddlebrook. Not sure.