100 Greatest Movie Quotes

Katarn07

Hey, maquino, where'd you pull those from? Did you really dig through the movies yourself to find the most innuendos or did you find site with them on there? I remember finding a site with those and a ton others. Funny stuff ;)

I like to use alot of stuff mainly from Indy like, "I'm making this up as I go," "Pretty sure," and others like that that can fit into everyday context. I just say it all with the same inflection Ford used. Some people get it, others don't.

"We're in business," or "How about you shut up" are both great ones pulled from Saving Private Ryan I use all the time to, once again with the same inflection as the lines were said in the films.

westford

My boyfriend quotes from Star Wars so much I've lost track of what's from the films and what's just him... I can usually guess though, cos he often cracks up laughing when he manages to fit a quote into conversation. :p

maquino

Star Wars Quotes

Katarn07 said:
Hey, maquino, where'd you pull those from? Did you really dig through the movies yourself to find the most innuendos or did you find site with them on there? I remember finding a site with those and a ton others. Funny stuff ;)

I don't know who compiled them or when, but I had them lying around in a moldy corner of my hard disk and thought they'd be fun for this thread.

M.A.

I

Indy's_main_man

"wait....I have arms...I am a bush with arms...AND legs! I can walk! Oh Gaze ye nonbelievers upon this miracle; this walking bush! Half man, half plant, he dwells in two worlds but is the master of both! OH MANBUSH! YOU ARE NATURE'S GREATEST WONDER!!!"

- Tom arnold while thinking like a bush to enhance his camoflage as one in "the stupids"

Deadlock

You know, IMM, maybe it's a "had to be there" thing... but those lines don't have context where they could be used in real life. (Which was what this thread is about.)

"Semantics? I'm always up for some antics."
-Lethal Weapon 3. :)

Indyologist

"Life IS pain, princess. Anyone who tells you otherwise is trying to sell you something."
~ The Princess Bride

---------------------------------------

"Oh shut up and go change your armor!"

"Run away! Run away!"

~both from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

----------------------------------------------------

More to come as I think of them...

Last edited:

Joe Brody

[Growling]"This is where mechanical excellence, one-thousand-four-hundred horsepower pays off"

-- Lost Highway

roundshort said:
"Dude, wheres my car?"

From the same named movie

Not in the thread in the General Discussion Table.

roundshort

Joe Brody said:
[Growling]"This is where mechanical excellence, one-thousand-four-hundred horsepower pays off"

-- Lost Highway

Not in the thread in the General Discussion Table.

?????????????

Joe Brody

roundshort said:
?????????????

You're asking 'Where's my car?'

At this moment, there's a thread on what type of car people drive. I simply observed that your car is not in that thread.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Evil Dead II

"There's something out there. That... that witch in the cellar is only part of it. It lives... out in those woods, in the dark... something... something that's come back from the dead."

How ironic in this thread

roundshort

"You're a disgrace. You're varmints. You're one of the lowest members of the food chain. . .
. . .and you'll probably be replaced by the rat."

Caddyshack

roundshort

indifan101 said:
"Do you think I'm cute, DO YOU THINK I'M FUNNY?":mad:
Sergant Gunnery Heartman

YEah I gotta agree with Indifan101, Full Metal Jacket has given me most of my lines. I think actually going through USMC bootcamp at Parris Island helps

"Your left, right, left, you bouncing . . ."

UGH I LOVE THAT F"IN MOVIE!