Live Free or Die Hard

HovitosKing

So they replaced Samuel L. Jackson's character Zeus with this new hacker kid Justin Long...should make for a MOST interesting caper lol. Seriously, I hope this is a good one, I'm a fan of the movies even though the second one was a bit of a lull.

fedoraboy

Thread Hard with a Mergence

Apparently here in the UK, and everywhere else outside of the US, it's gonna be called Die Hard 4.0 - which I think sounds much better than Live Free or Die Hard so I'm happy, well kinda happy - still not convinced by the trailer. Good action movie maybe, but not necessarily a good Die Hard movie

San Holo

Die Hard Lite

I recently read that Bruce Willis was angry with Twentieth Century Fox with their plan to cut Live Free or Die Hard to get a PG-13 rating(so they can reach a broader audience $$:rolleyes:$$ no doubt). I was really excited to see John McClain back in action, but if you take away the blood and yippi ki yays, you really are not watching a Die Hard movie. Thoughts?

*shrug*
It's a franchise I could happily see the back of.... After the last 2 crumby sequels, do we really need another rehash of the same old tired carp?

PG-13 or R, it's not a movie I'd waste any money on

IAdventurer01

ClintonHammond said:
After the last 2 crumby sequels, do we really need another rehash of the same old tired carp?

Hey, now. Some people like carp! :p

I like all three Die-Hard movies and look forward to another one, so long as it is done well. The series has always been edgy, so I would want it to stay that way.
The actual movie aside, so long as the material is done tastefully, I don't think it should be cut for a lower rating. It's a creative thing - cuts for non-artistic reasons are undesirable.

Gobi-1

Die Hard is a R-rated franchise. The fourth film should be too. However it may have been given a PG-13 rating anyway. Paramount's Jack Ryan series went from PG to R to PG-13.

I'm still seeing it even if it's PG-13.

OhioJones

Has anyone seen it yet?

I've seen it twice: midnight of the 27th and then later at 8:00 pm

It was amazing. The best of the Die Hard sequels IMHO. Really, really, great movie. They don't make action like this anymore!

Gear

YES!!! I've been waiting for someone to mention LFoDH! So, it was good? YES!!! I've only seen the first Die Hard and I really liked it. My local news paper though gave it a B-, said that "it started out smart and then ended noisy." Cant wait to see it.

Niteshade007

My friend called me last night and asked if I wanted to go see it. Since I had never seen any of the Die Hard films, I thought it might be a good idea to watch at least one of them before I went. So I watched the first one and was impressed. It's not a great film, but as far as action movies go it's pretty good. And Live Free or Die Hard (dumb title) was good as well. While watching it I was kind of expecting that this is the type of thing we'll see for Indiana Jones 4. Not exactly, of course, but same basic premise (older hero and younger sidekick). But yeah, it's not a bad movie at all.

Yvonne

I caught it at the midnight showing on Tuesday night and loved it! I was a tad worried at first since it started just a wee-bit slow, but once the action started, it really didn't let up. I'm not sure if it was better than the original, but it was definitely the best sequel IMO.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Stack 'em, pack 'em and rack 'em!

Bruce Willis declared yesterday at his Smithsonian appearance that it's too early to endorse anyone but did say fellow "Die Hard 2" actor Fred Thompson would "make a wonderful candidate."

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Die Hard has the best sequel titles anywhere. The SF Chron even renamed other sequels:
Pirates 3: Live Free or Depp Hard
S3: Shrek Hard With a Vengeance
Fantastic Four 2: Thing Harder
Harry With a Vengeance: Potter Harder

D'ya think Kevin Smith got a role by calling his video "An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder"?
Speaking of sequels, mods... rename this third thread "Thread Hard with a Mergence"?

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
They made a horrible mistake with Hudson Hawk - a cartoonish summer tentpole movie with a video game tie-in - by letting Aiello and Willis rattle off a few extra F words, which pushed the rating to an R. It bombed. Stupid mistake, why repeat it? Besides, the young male demograhic is the most (only?) dependable one out there.