Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

emtiem

Good stuff- thank you; I thought they must have cut it early. I'll try and pick up a Dark Horse copy.

Stoo

DIrishB said:
I think he's referring to the UK series which reprints the comics released in the US. I think its collected the Crystal Skull comic adaptation and the first issue of Tomb of the Gods...though I might be mistaken.
emtiem said:
Yes, that's right- it came out on Thursday as it was supposed to and I picked it up then (sorry- haven't been near a computer since then); so I have read Tomb of the Gods part two; or at least part of it. The part two published in the UK Indy comic is nowhere near as long as part one, so I'm wondering if Titan are splitting it up into smaller parts so they can run it for longer: the proper Dark Horse release this week may have much more stuff in it.
Part three is due out in three weeks time, according to the 'next time' page.
D'oh, I should have used my brain! I actually have issue #2 which I bought in London in July. (The one with the notebook & pen
glued to the cover.) It's really a kid's magazine with articles, puzzles, etc. so I haven't looked at it too closely. Thanks for the
replies because I forgot I had one of them! Next week, I'll be back in London and will search for #6.

emtiem

That's right- this week's one one (which carries Tomb of the Gods Part 2, er, chapter 1; if you see what I mean!) has a skellington on the front! :D

YouNeverKnow

This ish is real good. Jock(heh)-full of little odes to the original films, the art is, again, worlds better than the previous Dark Horse runs, and the story and dialogue are in that classic realm too. It only served to make me hungry for more, but if the rest of the issues keep getting pushed back who knows when I'll finally get to see the end of the story?

DIrishB

I agree the delays suck, but look at it this way: If ever there was an Indy comic book worth the wait, Tomb of the Gods is it.

And at least it isn't taking 19 years... ;)

DIrishB

Picked up #2 yesterday. Not as good as the first issue, but still a lot of fun. Williams scripting and Scott's beautiful artwork are still both holding strong. And while it wasn't as good as the first issue, it definitly keeps me wanting more. Can't wait for this series to conclude so I can read the whole thing in one sitting, which I'm sure will be awesome...just give it a strong ending, Rob! ;)

Issue #1 was a 5/5

Issue #2 was a 4/5

Lambonius

DIrishB said:
Picked up #2 yesterday. Not as good as the first issue, but still a lot of fun. Williams scripting and Scott's beautiful artwork are still both holding strong. And while it wasn't as good as the first issue, it definitly keeps me wanting more. Can't wait for this series to conclude so I can read the whole thing in one sitting, which I'm sure will be awesome...just give it a strong ending, Rob! ;)

Issue #1 was a 5/5

Issue #2 was a 4/5

Just curious, what brought down #2 for you? I picked it up a few days ago and thought it was just fantastic--in my opinion even better than the first. Different strokes for different folks, I'm sure. :) I love the whole "cliffhanger after cliffhanger, divided by a few pages of 'commercials'" setup of the issue. It comes just about as close as any comic that I've read has come to achieving an actual sense of suspense. And the artwork is just beautiful, the dialogue--classic Indy. Great book! And I agree--can't wait to read it all the way through in one sitting! (y)

Lord_glavin

alright, just finished reading the 2nd issue, its awesome, great artwork, classic indy dialogue, but it just feels like 4 issues is just not enough for the epicness they are trying to cover.

That's just my opinion though, anyways, great read, i recommend it

Millions

?

Has anyone in the UK got this second issue yet? Where did you get a hold of it? I've been trying everywhere with no luck. I'm going crazy! Or does anyone know any online comic stores I can try?

Thanks!

jason10mm

I liked it a lot as well, and agree that it seems rushed. Hard to see how they can wrap it up in just two eps.

I LOVED the bit with the parachute. Reminds me of those old G.I. Joe cartoons where EVERYONE has an emergency chute. I'm sure that panel was added to keep the tone light :)

And I must admit that Jones is in a more "realistic" bind at the end than usual. Kudos for coming up with a fairly convincing cliffhanger, aside from no one on the ship wondering about a bit of full-auto gunfire :)

Stoo

Jeremiah Jones said:
Well I got it in Forbidden planet in London, dunno if thats any help
Yes, it is helpful because I'm going back there this weekend! Woohoo!(y) I've already ordered/paid for #2 back in Montreal
(and here in Switzerland) but if I see it in London, will probably buy it anyway. I don't have #1 and the only bits I've seen
are from this thread! Been missing out on this series so far and I'm rabid for new Indy!:eek: (So, I might end up with 3 copies.):eek:
Thanks, Jeremiah!

emtiem

Millions said:
Has anyone in the UK got this second issue yet? Where did you get a hold of it? I've been trying everywhere with no luck. I'm going crazy! Or does anyone know any online comic stores I can try?

Thanks!

Or you can read the first few pages if you get the Indiana Jones comic from your local WH Smiths- it has a skeleton on the front in a plastic bag! :)

DIrishB

Lambonius said:
Just curious, what brought down #2 for you? I picked it up a few days ago and thought it was just fantastic--in my opinion even better than the first. Different strokes for different folks, I'm sure. :) I love the whole "cliffhanger after cliffhanger, divided by a few pages of 'commercials'" setup of the issue. It comes just about as close as any comic that I've read has come to achieving an actual sense of suspense. And the artwork is just beautiful, the dialogue--classic Indy. Great book! And I agree--can't wait to read it all the way through in one sitting! (y)

I'm honestly not sure. I was so pleasantly surprised by the first issue (compared to DH older Indy minis) that it just seemed perfect. The writing, the characterization, all spot on...and the artwork was beautiful. In fact, I think it was the city-scape (when Indy's escaping across the building under construction) and backgrounds that made it stand out.

I guess #2 just felt more like the "middle" of the story (appropriately so) as opposed to the exciting beginning or climax. As said, when its read all in one go, I can give the whole tale its deserved rating...which I'm sure will be about as high as possible on my own personal rating scale. ;)

Just so its clear, #2 was plain awesome, so don't want you to think I didn't like it or had any gripes...If the rest of the issues are half as good as #1 and #2, this mini will be a resounding success!

Tomb of the Gods is like The Dark Knight of Indy comics...definitly the best.

Last edited:

QBComics

I got my issue #2 and it was pretty good. I enjoyed the beggining with the natives and Jock. The fact that him and Marcus were in the same adventure was cooler! (y)

I enjoy the Monk sidekick. Very interesting. I hope Indy meets up with him soon enough. :)

Crack that whip

Various obstacles prevented me from getting either issue until yesterday, but I have both #1 and #2 now, and read them back-to-back. I'm enjoying it! (y)

I did get Vol. 1 of Indiana Jones Adventures a while earlier, and I'm now having my local comics shop pull all the Indy stuff for me. This is the first time for that for me in many, many years...

Stoo

emtiem said:
That's right- this week's one one (which carries Tomb of the Gods Part 2, er, chapter 1; if you see what I mean!) has a skellington on the front! :D
Just picked up #6 this weekend and I see what you mean. "Build Your Own Skeleton" in a baggie. Cute.:)
Luckily, Forbidden Planet still had #5, as well, so I grabbed it and its "100 FREE Stickers". How much of part 1 is in #5?
(What is odd is that this is a tri-weekly publication. Is that common in the UK?)

Jeremiah Jones said:
Well I got it in Forbidden planet in London, dunno if thats any help
It was really hard to find in the store. The Indy issues were on the complete bottom, right-hand shelf near the floor
and were placed sideways with the cover not even showing! So, thanks again, Jeremiah.

What an experience that store was. Everyone in the book/comic section downstairs was a man, aged 30-60.
Upstairs wasn't much different...and I was one of them!:eek:

Crack that whip said:
Various obstacles prevented me from getting either issue until yesterday, but I have both #1 and #2 now, and read them back-to-back. I'm enjoying it!
Congrats! I managed to get #2 but still need #1! Grrrrr.:mad: I want to read them in order and am trying to abstain from reading #2.

Crack that whip said:
I did get Vol. 1 of Indiana Jones Adventures a while earlier, and I'm now having my local comics shop pull all the Indy stuff for me. This is the first time for that for me in many, many years...
I think I'm going to have to do the same. Tomb of Gods #2 was the 1st comic I ever placed an order/pre-paid for but
couldn't wait to get back to Canada to pick it up. I went ahead and bought it this weekend anyway. I'm going back
in a few weeks and will have my shop make me an "Indy box" because when I got Adventures Vol. 1 it was the very
last one and they weren't even stocking Tomb of Gods. I had to order it.

You could order direct from Dark Horse, it takes an age but it'd work.

How was your london trip anyway Stoo, Forbidden Planet is always an experience but usually a good one, you get a look at greatest adventures?