It's May 1st, where are the Indy toys?

Crack that whip

I just went out for lunch and a little "Indy collectibles recon," and found like many others in this thread our Target hasn't put stuff out yet. Our Toys 'R' Us has, though - Hasbro and LEGO. Best Buy here doesn't appear to have the soundtrack yet (I don't think it's supposed to come out until the 20th anyway), but they did have the new DVD Adventure game, as well of course as the third volume of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones (on sale this week for $69.99, probably the best price I'll see for a while). I probably should've checked Kmart, but our Kmart here is such a lost cause - everything's always in this hopelessly jumbled, chaotic mess it's a wonder anyone ever finds anything there.

Niteshade007 said:
All I wanted were the Lego's, so I went to Target this morning and they didn't have any of the Crystal Skull ones out. Like Katarn, I really didn't want to raise a stink over some toys, so I headed back home. I remembered that there was a new Toys R Us by my house, so I stopped over there, and they had all the Crystal Skull Lego's, but they were a little more expensive ($11.99 and $20.99 for the smaller sets, the other two were at the regular price).

For some reason, Toys 'R' Us has tended to overprice LEGO sets for the last few years; I'm glad you were able to find half the new ones at regular price. The "Temple Escape" set from Raiders is a whole ten bucks above list (!) (at least at the TRU here), and the others are all $1 to $3 over.

You probably already know this if you're a LEGO fan, but in case not: if you join the Brickmaster Club, you not only get a small LEGO set sent to you every couple months (one of which will be the exclusive Indy with Jeep set you've undoubtedly read about, coming in July), but you also get a couple $5 coupons for the online LEGO store, which should help offset the cost of joining a little more. I'm planning on using one of mine shortly to order a bunch of Indy LEGO. :)

RichardJones

Get this, I went to Target this morning and ask very nicely about the release of the Indy figures. The main toy person told me that they only have 81% of the Indy stuff in, and that they are not going to put it out til they have it all, SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK OR TOO. I was like you have it in the back, it has a release date for today, and you are putting it out in two weeks. I didn?t get mad at the lady but to me that?s not good business, other stores are selling what they got , and target is holding there?s back. Doesn?t make sense to me , but I don?t own or run a Target... I have already pre-order most of the figures I wanted , and I got them last week, but I do want a few KOTCS figures, but no luck so far... TRU and Wal-mart also had nothing here, Wal-mart didn't know what i was talking about, and didn't even ask TRU. :rolleyes: I did find 2 adventure pack at K-Mart:eek: Who Knew.. Way to go Big K at least you had something (y)

RichardJones

tnswman said:
i wish I had that patience....After years of waiting for new Kenner Style figures...I have no ability to wait LOL!

I hear you man, I am glad now that I pre-order a few, At first I wanted the trill of the hunt , but I worried something like this would happen, so I pre-order, Still got some stuff coming from the SHOP :whip:

Niteshade007

Crack that whip said:
I just went out for lunch and a little "Indy collectibles recon," and found like many others in this thread our Target hasn't put stuff out yet. Our Toys 'R' Us has, though - Hasbro and LEGO. Best Buy here doesn't appear to have the soundtrack yet (I don't think it's supposed to come out until the 20th anyway), but they did have the new DVD Adventure game, as well of course as the third volume of The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones (on sale this week for $69.99, probably the best price I'll see for a while). I probably should've checked Kmart, but our Kmart here is such a lost cause - everything's always in this hopelessly jumbled, chaotic mess it's a wonder anyone ever finds anything there.

So, are you talking about the ones in Tallahassee, I'm assuming? Because I go to FSU, but I'm back home for the summer. It's kind of weird because I know where all those places are. And yeah, that K-Mart looks pretty sketch. I've never been inside, although I did go to the Party City next door to get a rubber snake for an Indiana Jones movie my friends and I did for Media Techniques. And the Target isn't great. It's actually kind of small, although that's where I got the first set of Indy Legos. Toys R Us didn't have them, but this was back in January.

Crack that whip said:
For some reason, Toys 'R' Us has tended to overprice LEGO sets for the last few years; I'm glad you were able to find half the new ones at regular price. The "Temple Escape" set from Raiders is a whole ten bucks above list (!) (at least at the TRU here), and the others are all $1 to $3 over.

You probably already know this if you're a LEGO fan, but in case not: if you join the Brickmaster Club, you not only get a small LEGO set sent to you every couple months (one of which will be the exclusive Indy with Jeep set you've undoubtedly read about, coming in July), but you also get a couple $5 coupons for the online LEGO store, which should help offset the cost of joining a little more. I'm planning on using one of mine shortly to order a bunch of Indy LEGO. :)

Thanks for the info, but I don't plan on getting any more Legos, outside of the big Crystal Skull one, which I will hopefully get when my family goes to Disney next weekend. Downtown Disney has the Lego store, and that's where I got Temple Escape and the Well of Souls sets.

drwynn

I guess it does sort of make sense for Target to wait...I mean, if they put stuff out in a few weeks, it'll be even CLOSER to the time the film comes out...and awareness and anticipation will be even higher than it is right now.

Crack that whip

Niteshade007 said:
So, are you talking about the ones in Tallahassee, I'm assuming? Because I go to FSU, but I'm back home for the summer. It's kind of weird because I know where all those places are. And yeah, that K-Mart looks pretty sketch. I've never been inside, although I did go to the Party City next door to get a rubber snake for an Indiana Jones movie my friends and I did for Media Techniques. And the Target isn't great. It's actually kind of small, although that's where I got the first set of Indy Legos. Toys R Us didn't have them, but this was back in January.

Yeah, I mean the ones here in Tally. Neat to see multiple people here from this area (I've already seen some posts by AnthropologyFSU)!

I actually got my own first couple LEGO Indy sets at the TRU here, but I did so when they were having a "buy one, get one half-price" sale, which made for some good deals even though they were at TRU. I picked up just two of the Indy sets, plus seven from other lines (I'm into LEGO in general). I do plan to get all the Indy LEGO eventually, and not miss out on stuff I want as I've done with the Star Wars sets, but the Indy sets are new enough that I don't have to rush on them all just yet. I'll probably get all the other sets I need in the next couple months, and keep up with future ones as they come out.

Niteshade007 said:
Thanks for the info, but I don't plan on getting any more Legos, outside of the big Crystal Skull one, which I will hopefully get when my family goes to Disney next weekend. Downtown Disney has the Lego store, and that's where I got Temple Escape and the Well of Souls sets.

I so wish there were a LEGO store around here! Or an Apple store. Tallahassee just doesn't have all the shopping of a larger city, alas (and our malls are kind of sucky).

TRU is a mixed bag for me as far as LEGO goes - on the one hand, it's undeniably overpriced, but on the other it has by far the best selection of any brick-and-mortar store here, so it's still the best place to go shop for LEGO where I can actually pick up the boxes, look at them, etc. - Target, Kmart, Learning Express, etc. don't have nearly as much. On the whole, LEGO's own online store is generally the best way for me to go (just as online stores in general are preferable to most b&m's these days), but I do enjoy being able to pick up and hold the items before I buy.

Mortis

I took the day off today to go hunt all the toys down arounf Spokane, WA. I went to 3 Wal-Mart, 1 Target, 1 K-mart, 1 Shopko and a TRU. The only places that had anything were 1 Wal-Mart and the TRU. One Wal-mart only had the Lego's, but they had all the sets including the $85 KOTCS set.
The lady I asked at Target had no idea what I was asking for. Didn't even bother asking anyone at K-Mart. There was one more Target and Wal-Mart I could have checked out but I think I spent enough....for today.
I ended up spending around $300 today on nothing but Indiana Jones toys. I had to cut my day short because I had to go pick up my daughter because she was "sick". I think she wanted to go shopping with me. The Wal-mart that had all the figures out did have the Mr Potato head for $15. I decided not to get that. I did get 4 out of the 5 12" figures. I saw Mut but didn't want him. NOW I CAN SEND OFF FOR MY ARK!!!!!!
Maybe after I go see Iron Man tomorrow morning (Took Friday off to do that) I'll go around again. :D

IndySeven

I can't believe it!

I just went to a Wal-Mart and Target and there are no toys or figures there!:(

The man in Target said they might be out tommorrow or sometime this
weekend, and the lady in Wal-Mart said that they didn't get any in stock today! Oh well, I guess I'll check tommorrow or over the weekend.

ChromiumBlue37

My condolences to everyone ought there who went on the hunt and came up up empty handed. Wal-Mart stores had very little of anything!

The Chicago suburbs were well stocked. This morning I hit 3 Wal-Mart Supercenters - nothing. All I could see were half-empty pegs with INVENTORY/Planogram tags all over the place. Maybe that is what is up with Wal-Mart. Meijer stores had zip. Target on the other hand was an entirely different story.
Upon my arrival at 7:55 AM, there was no crowd or line. I walked right in and turned into the familiar action figure aisle. There were clean pegs and a cart filled with sealed boxes just WAITING for me. The Latin stock lady was so friendly and accomodating. I even helped her stock, as I cherry-picked what I wanted. She was so cute and patient, but she just could not get over the $7.49 pricepoint. Thanks to buddy, Jimmy, I had some $5 off Target toy coupons.

After that, I hit one more Target. Later, I found what I was lacking at TRU when they opened! The first thing I noticed was the four-way shelving fixture right by the returns desk. It was packed and beautiful. So, I took a couple of shots with my digital camera. The manager came over and told me that was not allowed. I filled a shopping cart anyway. Was so elated to see the Arabian Horse and German with motorcycle. The Pitfall Trap is the perfect mini-playset! I also have a problem with German Soldiers - I LOVE them. 2 packs, singled-carded. Doesn't matter. Looks like I went ballistic trying to create a mini German Army. Those little goose-steppers are like a new drug! Well today, I definately got my fix!

To everyone who is worried and frantic - don't be. My opinion is that there will be more than enough for us all. During the course of this one day, I witness a LOT of interest from collectors, a few kids and parents. It was a fine day for me. One I have not enjoyed since I bought my original Kenner IJ toys back in the toy department at Montgomery Ward the day after Christmas 1982. Indiana Jones is BACK! :whip:

Niteshade007

Crack that whip said:
I so wish there were a LEGO store around here! Or an Apple store. Tallahassee just doesn't have all the shopping of a larger city, alas (and our malls are kind of sucky).

Yes, the malls suck. Especially Tallahassee Mall, that has virtually nothing. With the exception of the AMC. I called them the other day and they said advanced tickets were going on sale May 8th, but they weren't sure if they were doing a midnight show. I'm coming back up to visit friends, so we'll be seeing the movie there.

Indy Black

The only store near me(I live in the sticks) is Wal-mart so I wasn't leaving today without something, my girlfriend and I both had to ask(nice but firm) to get someone(anyone) to go in the back and look.

While we were waiting, another employee walked up and asked us what we where waiting for and we both said "Indy 4 toys" and the clerk looked like he had no clue and than added "try May 5th", right at that moment the nice employee lady came out of the back with six cases and said "look your right May 1st":gun:

Yes I could have waited a day or two but why hold them back when the boxes had May 1st printed on them...it blows the mind.

FILMKRUSC

I finally found all the toys at 1 walmart but 2 walmarts had nothing, Target nothing, 3 kmarts nothing, TRU nothing, and a 2nd TRU had barely a two foot section of Indy toys (pathetic) across from the customer service counter where many people wouldn't see it.

Who's doing the marketing/distribution of these? Really sad effort for a first day release.

MISSOURI JONES

i was lucky, i had a friend that stocks the toys at my walmart so i just told hr would you please go look.
and dhe did. i scored all but the spalco, rusian colonal and ugma warror.
i got an extra indy4 indy with the bazzoka and swapped heads with that stupid raders whip action indy. i had to cut the socket and glue the head but it turned out great.
now i have to finish my vintage indy collection.:D

Well here's what happened to me. I drove to the Target near me that has a Wal-Mart next store. The Target had a ton of stuff, almost every thing. I bought $250 worth of stuff but found no games and none of the deluxe figures. I got most of the figures there, two of the 12", most of the Adventure Hero's and the car.

Then I walked across to Wal-Mart, they had nothing in, which was funny since they had all the Lego in two weeks ago.

I then drove to another Target, they had nothing out, but I found a guy and he brought stuff out for me. I got two more 12" and Monkey Man which I didn't have.

Then I went to TRU. They had a special display out. They did not have the large Lego though that I really wanted. I got all of the deluxe figures and by accident the car again. I thought I had the truck from the Target. I also picked up an extra few Indy's. They would not sell me the DVD game saying it comes out tomorrow. They did try to over ride it, but even the manager couldn't.

I'm still missing the 12" swordsman, he was not in the 12" box as I opened a new one at Target. I do not have Sallah, Marion, The Russian solider, and the Cemetery warrior. I also could not find but one of the KOTCS Adventure hero's.

I've already spent $400 and not gotten everything, it's insane. I'm not sure if I will be buying two of everything as that's a lot of money. I'm not going to open the 12" figures either so I'm going to have to eBay the Ark.

metalinvader

I had no problems finding my figures at all.I went to Wal-mart right after work (4 in the morn') and they had all the basic figures out.Picked up all 17 of them.A few hours after that I went to another Wal-mart and three of the deluxe figs.Another trip to Toys R Us I found the other four deluxe figs,Scored the Whipping 12' Indy.I'll pick up some of the adventure heros and maybe some of ther other 12 inchers tomorrow.

This is such a great toy line,I freakin' can not put these figures down.:D

Mortis

My form for the Ark is in the mail as of 5 minutes ago. I opened the 12" figures to get the sticker but didn't take the figure out....except for talking Indy. Love it! One thing though, if you look at him, he looks like a young Robin Williams. Maybe Mork? Nanu Nanu!

Mr. Z

My Wal-Mart said they wouldn't have toys until May 5th ... what the heck is that about?! Target had nothing either. Why won't they get consistent here?!! :mad:

The_Raiders

Mr. Z said:
My Wal-Mart said they wouldn't have toys until May 5th ... what the heck is that about?! Target had nothing either. Why won't they get consistent here?!! :mad:

Weird, I got my figures from wal-mart. :confused:

Mr. Z

It's so annoying, as I got up extra early and everything. Hopefully I'll have luck later.