General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

HJJNR

mr.kotcs said:
if steven and george want to make a movie for the fans they need to bring short round back. since this is around the time of the start of the vietnam war this could be a possibility.

Oh now that is an idea. I can see possibilities aplenty for that idea. How old would Shorty be then?

HJJNR

Hanselation said:
Steven Spielberg will direct Lincoln and Harvey (scource) in 2010.
Stevens time schedule is crammed. And a production of Indy V after 2011 is unrealistic.
- A very shaky outlook for a Indiana Jones V- realization.

Aw man. I hate it when negative news about Indy 5 comes up. Perhaps one of them is a red herring name for Indy? (wishful thinking I know). I just find it too hard to believe that they WONT make an Indy 5 since KOTCS had such an open ending that it was almost urging us to get our gears thinking what the next one will be like...

James

Theoretically, Spielberg could film Harvey and still begin shooting Indy 5 next summer. The former is said to be a project he wants to shoot very quickly at the start of 2010, primarily as a way to keep busy. (This should actually be good news for anyone who thought Spielberg took too much time off prior to starting KOTCS.)

As for Lincoln, it's been on Spielberg's schedule since 2001. I'm surprised people still expect this to be his "next" film.

Crack that whip said:
Goodness, not at all - Spielberg directing Neeson as Lincoln? There's potential for greatness, there...

Well I can see Neeson doing the "inspirational Lincoln" but he really was a country boy who's vernacular was sudded with more :them thars" then Andy Grifith, although he liked to tell bawdy jokes.

It can be done..."will it"?

JP Jones

HJJNR said:
Oh now that is an idea. I can see possibilities aplenty for that idea. How old would Shorty be then?
I think he's around 35 It would be awsome to see him say something like "hold on to yo potatos docta jones" as a tribute

The Drifter

mr.kotcs said:
if steven and george want to make a movie for the fans they need to bring short round back. since this is around the time of the start of the vietnam war this could be a possibility.

What time period are you referring to? And, I thought Shorty was Chinese and not Vietnamese? Also America's involvement in the "Vietnam War" was sparse in the 50's.

JP Jones

Lonsome_Drifter said:
What time period are you referring to? And, I thought Shorty was Chinese and not Vietnamese? Also America's involvement in the "Vietnam War" was sparse in the 50's.
I'm saying this could be the insite to how the U.S.A got involved or at least how Indy and CO. got involved. Mabye Mutt is one of America's first recruits

The Drifter

mr.kotcs said:
I'm saying this could be the insite to how the U.S.A got involved or at least how Indy and CO. got involved. Mabye Mutt is one of America's first recruits

I would not mind seeing Indy in Vietnam at the start of the conflict searching in the highland region for some artifact.

mr.kotcs said:
Oh God Indy STARTED The Vietnam Conflict!

The Drifter

Rocket Surgeon said:
Those weren't landmines, they were transporters...to the space between spaces.

Ho Chi Minh was an alien also, and the Tet Offensive was conducted by Mac. He is a traitor after all.

Crack that whip said:
Heh! Have you seen "Paris, May 1919" or The Winds of Change yet, by any chance? ;)

No...although I'm still interested, I haven't really seen one yet that isn't weak.

But apparently he's touched off some other conflicts huh?

Crack that whip

Er... not touched off, exactly; more like tried to avert, if anything.

_____________________​

Unfortunate about your perception of the show, but it is undeniably different from the movies; there's no getting around that. Certainly for anyone who just can't see an Indy adventure other than one conforming to the template established by the movies (and I can understand where such persons are coming from), it's going to be very hard to appreciate any of TYIJC / TAOYIJ, but I honestly think they're missing a lot (much of which actually enhances one's appreciation of the movies, even).

Just my opinion, of course...
:hat:

Crack that whip said:
Unfortunate about your perception of the show, but it is undeniably different from the movies; there's no getting around that. Certainly for anyone who just can't see an Indy adventure other than one conforming to the template established by the movies (and I can understand where such persons are coming from), it's going to be very hard to appreciate any of TYIJC / TAOYIJ, but I honestly think they're missing a lot (much of which actually enhances one's appreciation of the movies, even).Just my opinion, of course...:hat:

Well said...

I don't expect them to be the films, but with the name Indiana Jones I seem to expect more then what I've seen. I'm cutting to the chase and should be getting the Masks of Evil disk from Netflix soon. I figure put two things, maybe three, I obsess over together and I might be more amenable!