Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 09-03-2010, 08:05 AM   #51
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raiders
That's about everything I could think of saying but better. Anime sucks. Guys look like girls, and girls look like they just got every lady lump on their body full of plastic. It all sucks.
And RC with the video games to TV shows thing, if you want entertainment out of them that bad than you must have played the **** out of them to not be content with just the game alone. Most games that are made into film, or shows of some sort are always horrible and stupid. The majority of games just need to stay games. That's how they were made and that's how they are intended to stay.
And I'm not even going into my Disney opinion now.

RC needs to grow up. It is time to put away childish things. He don't know when to let go and whines that Disney isn't showing kids Mickey Mouse or anything. Then he is hellbent on havinggames like Star Fox and Kingdom Hearts become animated shows or movies. Which would truly fail on the market. Kingdom Hearts is nothing more than a Yaoi Sausage fest with a Mary Sue named Kairi. I don't know many KH fans who are over the age of 20. He once wanted a Star Fox animated series, saying it would rival Star Wars or something like that. Same with Kingdom Hearts as a movie or a anime. If he wants these so bad, he needs to write fanfiction.

Most anime, as I said is geared for children. Yes, it has violence, but it isn't as violence as watching a Tom and Jerry Cartoon.
Agent Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 10:03 AM   #52
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Crab
Yes, it has violence, but it isn't as violence as watching a Tom and Jerry Cartoon.

You gotta love the old Tom and Jerry style of cartoons! Sick, twisted, brutal, sadistic, and above all, funny: in fact just like Indiana Jones.

Indiana Jones = pulp + Tom and Jerry = violent fun for all the family!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:17 PM   #53
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
RC needs to grow up. It is time to put away childish things. He don't know when to let go and whines that Disney isn't showing kids Mickey Mouse or anything. Then he is hellbent on havinggames like Star Fox and Kingdom Hearts become animated shows or movies. Which would truly fail on the market. Kingdom Hearts is nothing more than a Yaoi Sausage fest with a Mary Sue named Kairi. I don't know many KH fans who are over the age of 20. He once wanted a Star Fox animated series, saying it would rival Star Wars or something like that. Same with Kingdom Hearts as a movie or a anime. If he wants these so bad, he needs to write fanfiction.

Most anime, as I said is geared for children. Yes, it has violence, but it isn't as violence as watching a Tom and Jerry Cartoon.

Of course those games would fail on the market. Like I said the majority of games just need to stay games and that's how he should get the entertainment he craves from them. Hell play them over and over. Or as you said, write a fanfic. The movies based of video games should stand as an example as to why you should not make games anything other than what they are.
KH was a horrible stupid game. I have afew friends who enjoyed it but I've never liked it, nor have I come to completely comprehend it, and nor do I want to. A kid with a big key for a weapon.
I've never liked anime at all. And yes, if he doesn't like whats on Disney, just don't watch it.
The_Raiders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:27 PM   #54
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Of course those games would fail on the market. Like I said the majority of games just need to stay games and that's how he should get the entertainment he craves from them. Hell play them over and over. Or as you said, write a fanfic. The movies based of video games should stand as an example as to why you should not make games anything other than what they are.
KH was a horrible stupid game. I have afew friends who enjoyed it but I've never liked it, nor have I come to completely comprehend it, and nor do I want to. A kid with a big key for a weapon.
I've never liked anime at all. And yes, if he doesn't like whats on Disney, just don't watch it.

Correct.

I really don't get why he feels the need to baaaaaw on here. Assuming we care.

I love Gradius and Salamander. Salamander had an OAV, but it don't need to be an animated series.

I always thought RC was younger for his age. The way he acts.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:32 PM   #55
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Correct.

I really don't get why he feels the need to baaaaaw on here. Assuming we care.

I love Gradius and Salamander. Salamander had an OAV, but it don't need to be an animated series.

I always thought RC was younger for his age. The way he acts.

Especially on an Indiana Jones forum. I doubt that all the members here on an INDIANA JONES forum want to discuss why Disney is showing Hannah Montana and **** with the Joe Bros. And also I can't picture somebody sitting at home, or school just thinking, "Damn, Star Fox would make a great animated series."
I can't really recall watching cartoons very much, but I do remember alot of Tom and Jerry. Most of my child hood was all star wars.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:38 PM   #56
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Especially on an Indiana Jones forum. I doubt that all the members here on an INDIANA JONES forum want to discuss why Disney is showing Hannah Montana and **** with the Joe Bros. And also I can't picture somebody sitting at home, or school just thinking, "Damn, Star Fox would make a great animated series."
I can't really recall watching cartoons very much, but I do remember alot of Tom and Jerry. Most of my child hood was all star wars.

Star Fox would make a crappy animated series. At least stuff like Tom and Jerry never wear off their novelty.

I also love how RC replied in here, but ignored everone else ranting at him.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #57
The_Raiders
IndyFan

Quote:
Star Fox would make a crappy animated series. At least stuff like Tom and Jerry never wear off their novelty.

I also love how RC replied in here, but ignored everone else ranting at him.

And I don't even want to know what he meant when you mentioned he said something or other about Star Fox riving Star Wars. Tom and Jerry was a classic, not many cartoons will be as great at Tom and Jerry.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I find it pretty amusing, as though he hasn't even read our posts.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:52 PM   #58
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
And I don't even want to know what he meant when you mentioned he said something or other about Star Fox riving Star Wars. Tom and Jerry was a classic, not many cartoons will be as great at Tom and Jerry.

Yeah I noticed that as well. I find it pretty amusing, as though he hasn't even read our posts.

He had a thread about Nintendo Franchise s becoming TV shows. He even had apoll.

Tex Avery is a classic as well.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:42 AM   #59
Raiders112390
IndyFan

If there is a game that needs to be made into a movie, it's the King's Quest series.

As for RedeemedChild, I think he's absolutely 1000% correct with regard to Disney. So thumbs up to him.
I miss tele-movies like Susie Q and the Disney Channel shows of the '90s. I miss traditionally animated Disney movies.
Disney isn't just for kids, so all the people saying he needs to grow up are kind of harsh--Disney has always been for everyone, young and old alike. That was a part of Uncle Walt's dream.

Last edited by Raiders112390 : 09-11-2010 at 06:51 AM.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:18 AM   #60
XanaduEli
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders112390
I miss tele-movies like Susie Q

I loved that movie when I was younger, I miss it being on TV. Isn't the Girl who plays Susie, the girl who played Kimberly(the pink power ranger) in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers?

On to the subject of Power rangers. Am I the only one to think that it has been turned into pure garbage?

It has been turned into a really babyish show now, and it is nothing compared to the original Power Rangers.
XanaduEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 AM   #61
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanaduMel
I loved that movie when I was younger, I miss it being on TV. Isn't the Girl who plays Susie, the girl who played Kimberly(the pink power ranger) in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers?

On to the subject of Power rangers. Am I the only one to think that it has been turned into pure garbage?

It has been turned into a really babyish show now, and it is nothing compared to the original Power Rangers.

Yeah she was. I had a crush on her as Susie Q when I was a kid to be honest.
That's one movie they need to release to DVD.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #62
XanaduEli
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah she was. I had a crush on her as Susie Q when I was a kid to be honest.
That's one movie they need to release to DVD.

It's on youtube. I just downloaded it and burnt it to a DVD for my own personal use.

Last edited by XanaduEli : 09-11-2010 at 07:46 AM.
XanaduEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #63
Finn

Quote:
RC needs to grow up. It is time to put away childish things.
Grown men playing with toys.

Nobody needs to grow up. Even if RC was a 300-pound biker with prison tattoos all over him and he enjoyed Hannah Montana it would be his prerogative.

I certainly don't watch Disney Channel or cartoons geared for kids anymore. I still read Disney comics though, and even enjoy them quite a bit.

The catch? I don't talk or rave about my other interests or guilty pleasures in a place that has no relation to them.

What RC - no, everyone - needs to realize is that there is no preaching to an audience that doesn't wish to listen and go find one that does. And if one fails to realize it by themselves, the board upkeep will do it for them. The methods I won't cite, as they are obvious.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #64
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Grown men playing with toys.

Nobody needs to grow up. Even if RC was a 300-pound biker with prison tattoos all over him and he enjoyed Hannah Montana it would be his prerogative.

I certainly don't watch Disney Channel or cartoons geared for kids anymore. I still read Disney comics though, and even enjoy them quite a bit.

The catch? I don't talk or rave about my other interests or guilty pleasures in a place that has no relation to them.

What RC - no, everyone - needs to realize is that there is no preaching to an audience that doesn't wish to listen and go find one that does. And if one fails to realize it by themselves, the board upkeep will do it for them. The methods I won't cite, as they are obvious.

But he does have an audience, even if small--I and several others agree with him. I and others love Disney, and I don't one anyone could construe his post as trolling, and this forum is called Open Discussion...So I mean even if there's an audience of 1, or 2, a thread should be allowed to stand. The guy made a reasonable point, and was well articulated in his presentation of it...Others have the freedom to disagree with his point or even him saying it, but still....
Old 09-11-2010, 10:21 AM   #65
Finn

Quote:
So I mean even if there's an audience of 1, or 2, a thread should be allowed to stand.
If a thread constantly generates flames and trouble, it must go no matter how well-intentioned it is.

You make the mistake in argumentation by vetoing to general civil rights of minorities while all you have in this particular joint are whatever the upkeep decides to grant you. And for us, a civil discussion comes before any rights you might have outside your monitor.

If the upkeep has the option to quell the flames by either removing 1 to 2 yaysayers or 10 to 20 naysayers, you can be quite certain we will go for the pragmatic choice, no matter how morally questionable it might be.

Also, the moderator is always right. Even if s/he's wrong. This doesn't mean you can't complain about issues close to your heart, but it does mean that you can't complain if nobody listens to the initial complaints.

Have a nice day.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #66
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
If there is a game that needs to be made into a movie, it's the King's Quest series.

As for RedeemedChild, I think he's absolutely 1000% correct with regard to Disney. So thumbs up to him.
I miss tele-movies like Susie Q and the Disney Channel shows of the '90s. I miss traditionally animated Disney movies.
Disney isn't just for kids, so all the people saying he needs to grow up are kind of harsh--Disney has always been for everyone, young and old alike. That was a part of Uncle Walt's dream.

He whines about shows geared for ten year olds and girls. Which he is neither. Then he also talks about a video game making a good TV or movie series. Read his previous posts to get a clue. Stuff like Hannah Montana, Suite Life Zack and Cody, Sonny With a Chance and so on are geared for tweens and teens. Much like what Nick shows sometimes. If one person don't like them; no sense complaining. Don't watch them.

He also posted a thread about Nintendo games becoming TV shows, but the thread never met with anyone's like. Most of his likes such as anime, video games and such isn't really liked here. Sure, people can talk what they like; but alot of people don't like that stuff on this forum.

I do like Video games. I do like Retro stuff and Ninja Turtles. Though, I keep it to myself, rather then posting threads that certain games would make a good TV series. There are other forums and places for that. If I want to talk about Megaman, Power Rangers or Video games, I'll go to another forum.

@ XanaduMel

There is good news. Saban did buy back the rights to Power Rangers, so no more Disney Rangers with slipping accents.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #67
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
You make the mistake in argumentation by vetoing to general civil rights of minorities while all you have in this particular joint are whatever the upkeep decides to grant you. And for us, a civil discussion comes before any rights you might have outside your monitor.

If the upkeep has the option to quell the flames by either removing 1 to 2 yaysayers or 10 to 20 naysayers, you can be quite certain we will go for the pragmatic choice, no matter how morally questionable it might be.

Also, the moderator is always right. Even if s/he's wrong. This doesn't mean you can't complain about issues close to your heart, but it does mean that you can't complain if nobody listens to the initial complaints.

We all have to remember that while many of us are "IndyFans", we're always going to be "Guests" at The Raven. If somebody doesn't agree with the host, they have the choice of visiting another hostelry (where the house rules are more to their liking!)
Old 09-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #68
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
I see old Remmy is still sucking buttermilk through his anus over the current state of Disney.
Some things never change.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #69
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I see old Remmy is still sucking buttermilk through his anus over the current state of Disney.

And it still comes out of his nose every time he sneezes!
Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 PM   #70
Finn

This thread's been dead in the water for a week. Was it absolutely necessary to resurrect it just for that?
Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 PM   #71
The Drifter
IndyFan

Location: The distant figure that walks the treeline. The man standing in the field.
Quote:
This thread's been dead in the water for a week. Was it absolutely necessary to resurrect it just for that?

No, not really.
The Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:06 PM   #72
Agent Crab
IndyFan

I doubt RC will come back to this thread.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #73
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter

Why all the animosity toward this guy?
Old 09-18-2010, 10:21 AM   #74
Agent Crab
IndyFan

Quote:
Why all the animosity toward this guy?

You havn't been on this forum long enough to know how he is. Remmy is someone who only cares about anime, Disney and other nonsense. Posts pointless threads that either are shunned or ignored. He also pushes his belifes on people, which is annoying.

He once tried to tell me off, because I didn't like one of his beloved cartoons.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #75
Attila the Professor

Exclamation

Quote:
You havn't been on this forum long enough to know how he is.

Yeah, he's been here longer.

And I can't tell anymore, Agent Crab, who has the biggest hobbyhorse. RedeemedChild for Disney, anime, and Nintendo; or you, for RedeemedChild. And at that point we've got a problem.

After all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forum Rules
Trolling/Flaming/Bashing/Baiting:
We respect the right of everyone to express their opinions without fear of being attacked or personally insulted. Feel free to debate strongly and offer firm opinions. However, if you feel the need to indulge in mean-spirited and personally directed insults, attacks, and quarrels, do so off the forum. Baiting or inflammatory posts designed to attract or elicit predicable responses are not appropriate and persistence in this activity can result in suspension or banning.

So lay off.

Not that all of this doesn't still stand.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote