The Mayan Calendar and 2012

monkey

2012.......is that It??

I know that the Mayan calendar ends in 2012.

I know also that Nostradamus hinted that 2012 would be the end of days.

So what do you think?

Is 2012 IT?

If so, what are you doing to get ready?

Will the world really end? And what does that mean?

(Were the Mayans actually dyslexic? and did they really mean 2102? or 2201?)

No Ticket

Well if it's the end, it's the end. At least they made Kingdom of the Crystal Skull before it was too late! haha.

I don't think anything is going to happen in 2012. I think a lot of superstitious people are going to be pretty scared that whole year wondering if something is going to happen or not.

It's entirely possible even if you don't believe. The end could happen at any time. After all, everything that had a beginning has an end. Except God. If you believe in that sort of thing.

The_Raiders

No Ticket said:
Well if it's the end, it's the end. At least they made Kingdom of the Crystal Skull before it was too late! haha.

I don't think anything is going to happen in 2012. I think a lot of superstitious people are going to be pretty scared that whole year wondering if something is going to happen or not.

It's entirely possible even if you don't believe. The end could happen at any time. After all, everything that had a beginning has an end. Except God. If you believe in that sort of thing.

Yes I beleive every biblical, and Goldly thing (y) But the rapture could happen any time so any year couls be the last. But if Jesus tarys His coming than (like I said) 2012 will come and go just as others have.

Kingsley

For every year it seems to be a Nostradamus prediction... how many where wrong, how many right, to take it serious? Ambiguity can be a dirty game.

As for an end of the world... I can't even imagine the extension of such an idea. If no one will be there to "feel" the time passing and think about it, well, it's like the lonely tree falling in the forest... does it make any noise?

An REM song comes to my mind :rolleyes:

metalinvader

Nostradamus was really a bad poet with paranoia...

As for 2012..I'm open to the idea.I've researched alot of the predictions.It wasn't just the Mayan's,It's also the Native Americans who claimed that the earth would get its revenge around this time.If anything will happen it will be weather related such as a tsunami,Earthquake...etc...

No Ticket

It doesn't matter if the world is going to end in 2012 or not. Your days are already numbered. It's best to just assume every one could be your last. Even if it doesn't mean the end of the world. It could still be the end of YOUR world. Ya know?

I've already stored away tins of baked beans and a bottle of Dr. Pepper. (The one with Indy on it). Something to look at.

Remember, in a catastrophe such as nuclear attack or asteroid explosion it is vital to crouch down and put a handkerchief over your head. Heed this and live.

JayDee

i dont think that the world will end there, but i hope the "gods will return", as the maya said this before.

kongisking

In my view, the so-called "End of Days" will be when:

A: The planet is utterly destroyed by Global Warming (a good long time away...)

B: Our Sun goes into it's Red Giant stage and eventually goes supernova (also a VERY long time away...)

C: An astroid strikes Earth, recreating the K-T Boundary Extinction. In this case, someone call Bruce Willis!!! ;) :p :rolleyes:

Gear

The world will not come to an end on December 21, 2012 but instead seace to exsist as we know it.