Last Crusade Mistakes

Tennessee R

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film652
Has some great mistakes, a few of which I did not know:

1When Indy and gang are racing the Nazis to the canyon of the Crescent Moon, Indy looks at the Nazi convoy with binoculars. Close-ups of Indy show the sun is clearly behind him, and the binoculars are in his shadow. But then a glare from the lens alerts the Nazis to their presence.

2When Donovan takes a drink from the false grail, he turns toward the camera and you can see the screw holding the base to the stem of the cup.

3The boat chase in Venice. Just after Indy says "don't go between them" a jet stream is visible above the two boats. Not very likely in 1938.

4At one point Indiana's father blows the tail of the plane in which they were flying to pieces in an attempt to shoot at the Germans. This is obviously in a close-up studio shot. The next moment the plane is shown flying in the distance with it's tail still intact.

5In various scenes, Dr. Elsa Schneider (Alison Doody) is wearing the M43 (Mountain Cap). That cap was introduced in 1943.

And a lot more. Some pretty funny ones too. A good many I had not seen before.

Finn

Staff member
Tennessee R said:
In various scenes, Dr. Elsa Schneider (Alison Doody) is wearing the M43 (Mountain Cap). That cap was introduced in 1943.
That's not even a big flaw. In Raiders Indy is handling a Panzershrek which was not invented before 1942...

Tennessee R

You are right Finn, it's not that big a deal at all, just one of the ones I had never seen or noticed before. And here's a few more:

1During the boat chase/fight in Venice, the rear of Indy's boat gets shot up and starts smoking and spouting flames and the engine starts chopping. He leaps onto the pursuing boat, fights until that boat is destroyed in the rotors, then leaps with the Grail protector back onto his original boat with Elsa. The boat is now running perfectly.

2In the temple in the Canyon of the Crescent Moon: After Harrison Ford cures Sean Connery by pouring water from the grail over him, Sean stands up with the grail in his hand. In the next shot, however, Alison Doody picks the grail up off the floor.

3When Indiana's father uses the plane's gun, he shoots out the tail. This was not actually possible, as the planes had a safety mechanism to stop people doing this

I guess they knew what they are talking about, but it sure wouldn't be as interesting if Henry couldn't say
:) "I'm sorry son, THEY got us..." ;) :)

Some pretty neat ones on that site (Although some are very nitpicking).

Oh, and I wanted to add these from Raiders:

1After Marion supposedly dies in the truck explosion and Indy is drinking outside at the bar, watch to the left of him. You can see a man wearing a t-shirt and bluejeans in the crowd. On the letterboxed version.

2When Indy is running after Marion in Cairo, just before he gets to the square filled with people carrying baskets, a man is sitting on the ground with a Walkman headphone on.

3When Indy is running after Marion in Cairo, just before he gets to the square filled with people carrying baskets, a man is sitting on the ground with a Walkman headphone on.

4At the beginning of the movie, the helper that is shot in the back by all the poison darts and dies....he reappears later. Check out the guy with the monkey and the eye-patch in Cairo. Same person. George Lucas had a great way to save money on crew by doing this.

Is #4 true? can anyone confirm this?

[Edited by Tennessee R on 02-01-2004 at 11:38 am]

philhos

I go to moviemistakes.com all the time. I think they're hilarious. They do mistakes, they correct things that people think are mistakes, they do neat little trivia tidbits, and they have questions about the movies (plot questions, crew questions, etc.)

You should check it out.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Tennessee R said:

2) When Indy is running after Marion in Cairo, just before he gets to the square filled with people carrying baskets, a man is sitting on the ground with a Walkman headphone on.

People get so excited to post at that sight, that they never really look at what they are claiming. The man on the ground is wearing a fez, and the cord they are claiming is a headphone, is really the tassle of the fez... :rolleyes:

spohlso

>>4At one point Indiana's father blows the tail of the plane in which they were flying to pieces in an attempt to shoot at the Germans. This is obviously in a close-up studio shot. The next moment the plane is shown flying in the distance with it's tail still intact. <<

They actually did try to make it look destroyed though (just not very well.) If you look closely at the plane's tail you can see that it is indeed intact, but a section of it appears to be made of transparent material. They obviously TRIED to simulate damage to the tail, it just wasn't the world's greatest practical effect. (These days you could just use a coputer to erase part of the tail.)