Indyfans Documentary...

UIMJ

I know that this is a very old thread, but I don't see much talk about the Indy Fans documentary. I picked it up a few months back. I was very happy to get it, but I must say that I wasn't very impressed. It was sort of a parody documentary.

The movie was more about making the documentary than it was about documenting Indy Fans, their activities, and researching the movies and culture. It was an incredible disappointment, and lacked a solid thesis. Any documentary that features the documentary film makers talking to a radio station about making their documentary is an epic fail, IMO.

Well conceived, but incredibly poorly execute, IMO.

Forbidden Eye

UIMJ said:
I know that this is a very old thread, but I don't see much talk about the Indy Fans documentary. I picked it up a few months back. I was very happy to get it, but I must say that I wasn't very impressed. It was sort of a parody documentary.

The movie was more about making the documentary than it was about documenting Indy Fans, their activities, and researching the movies and culture. It was an incredible disappointment, and lacked a solid thesis. Any documentary that features the documentary film makers talking to a radio station about making their documentary is an epic fail, IMO.

Well conceived, but incredibly poorly execute, IMO.

I remember a thread dedicated to this with a lot of posts, but since I couldn't find it either I'll just post here.

I more or less agree UIMJ. As you can tell by my username, I loved all the info on Temple of the Forbidden Eye attraction. That was my favorite section.

They had cool stuff there, but it did drag, especially towards the end when they actually show footage of people watching the documentary we had just seen. It also got annoying seeing Temple bashing buy three(or four) disgusting looking people yet somehow praised Last Crusade as the best. They didn't seem like huge devotees to me.

It obviously wasn't made by an auteur, and it showed, but I'm still glad I own it. It was only 3 dollars after all. ;)

Forbidden Eye

Here’s the best part of the documentary. You’ve see this then you’ve seen the most substantial part of the doc.

Though I also enjoyed this story of an old woman who’s ridden Temple Of The Forbidden Eye over 10,000 times.