Which Indy film is the best?

Out of all the films, which one is definitively the best?

• Total voters
Colonel Corey said:
Thanks, Temple Raider! As most of you can see, I'm kinda a Indy bad guy fan! I was Colonel Vogel for Halloween. We had a truck driving around with John Williams' Belly Of The Steel Beast playing, while I was wearing my costume, acting out Vogel fighting on the tank in a trailor. My costume took four months to make, since my Mum sewed the entire coat, with the correct Insignia.

Yeah, and my brother had an Indiana Jones costume, and we got LOTS OF cheering, whistling, and clapping! (y) (Sorry, got a little off topic there!)
That is dedication; well done!

Colonel Corey said:
I was Colonel Vogel for Halloween. We had a truck driving around with John Williams' Belly Of The Steel Beast playing, while I was wearing my costume, acting out Vogel fighting on the tank in a trailor. My costume took four months to make, since my Mum sewed the entire coat, with the correct Insignia.
Pictures !

subjectofrome

I feel kinda strange posting in a now almost five year old thread, but it's active, so:

My ranking has not changed since 1989. When LC came out, I liked it better than ToD. Raiders is first. Favorite. Forever. I'd put ToD closer to LC than LC is to ROLA, if applying fractional places.

I have still declined to view CS (Stubborn!), so it has not changed my ranking in any way, but getting to take my son to Raiders for this last re-release bumped it up even higher into zeroth place over itself. It gets two positions, it's so favored.

Forbidden Eye

Montana Smith said:
Stay firm. You're not missing much!

Regardless of how one feels about it, it's hard to grasp an Indiana Jones fan wouldn't at least be curious about it to have seen it by now.

Montana Smith

Forbidden Eye said:
Regardless of how one feels about it, it's hard to grasp an Indiana Jones fan wouldn't at least be curious about it to have seen it by now.

Curisosity killed the cat.

...and broke up a perfectly fine trilogy!

ROB98374

subjectofrome said:
I feel kinda strange posting in a now almost five year old thread, but it's active, so:

My ranking has not changed since 1989. When LC came out, I liked it better than ToD. Raiders is first. Favorite. Forever. I'd put ToD closer to LC than LC is to ROLA, if applying fractional places.

I have still declined to view CS (Stubborn!), so it has not changed my ranking in any way, but getting to take my son to Raiders for this last re-release bumped it up even higher into zeroth place over itself. It gets two positions, it's so favored.

For years when there were only three movies, TOD was generally considered to be the bad movie. But you watched it. What if you had been stubborn and not watched TOD because it had bad press? Are you glad you watched it?
KOTCS is another Indiana Jones movie. Watch it, you will enjoy it.

ROB98374

Montana Smith said:
It'll be too late by then.

The innocence of ignorance is something to be cherished, and not lost lightly. ;)

Have you even seen the movie?! Why do you think your opinion of the movie is so important? They are 4 movies, staring the same actor, directed and produced by the same people. I think he should watch it and decide for himself if he likes it or not. Everyone has different tastes and they may or may not like every movie produced. You never know until you watch it.

Anyway, back to the topic...

Here is my order of the movies.
1. Last Crusade
2. Raiders
3. Crystal Skull
4. Temple of Doom

This is the first time I have placed LC above Raiders, because I instantly was hooked when I first saw Raiders as a kid. Raiders has always been my favorite, and has some of the best scenes, but as a whole, I think LC has moved to the number one. And it's not that I dislike Doom, but one movie had to be last on the list.

Montana Smith

Temple Raider said:
Out of curiousity, have you rewatched it since your initial viewing?

For that I can quote myself:

Smitty said:
I feel embarrassed now, because I saw it three times. But never in the cinema, of course.

The third time was only to see what it looked like on Blu-ray. And the answer to that was: no different, apart from being an even more boring experience.