Lost Indy Wave at Comic-Con 2011

Better be an amazing friend - mine spent 2+ hours Wednesday night in the Hasbro line ... and it's only worse now!

My experience in past is Sunday is next best time - the crowds 'thin' a little by then.

Lance Quazar

throwmetheidol said:
Better be an amazing friend - mine spent 2+ hours Wednesday night in the Hasbro line ... and it's only worse now!

My experience in past is Sunday is next best time - the crowds 'thin' a little by then.

If you have the time, I would advise against waiting until Sunday.

Supplies don't always last until then (just ask last year's exclusive Sgt. Slaughter.)

Traveling Indy and I will be on line tomorrow if anyone wants to say hello!

Billy Ray

Man, I want these soooo bad! HTS still doesn't have them listed, I guess they probably won't until after SDCC, but the wait is KILLING me!

Lance Quazar

Whew. After an exhausting day on the con floor, I managed to get my sets!!!

Unfortunately, Hasbro's lame rules limit two to a customer so I was only able to get six sets.

:gun:

P.s. - I'm sorry I can't offer to help Raveners out, as they are all already spoken for

Henry W Jones

Everywhere I look says they will be at the Hasbrotoyshop booth at Comic-Con not at Hasbrotoyshop.com. Hope this is wrong but I think they won't be at Hasbrotoyshop.com and we will have to go Ebay.(n) (n) What a jip.

Billy Ray

Here is Hasbro's press release....

Approximate Retail Price: $64.99
Available through HasbroToyShop.com and Booth # 3329 at SDCC 2011.
Just in time for the 30th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Hasbro excavates an entire ?lost wave? of the fan-favorite 2008 INDIANA JONES line as a Comic-Con special edition Collector?s Pack. Each pack includes INDY IN GERMAN DISGUISE (with rocket launcher), SAPITO (with torch and backpack), CLASSIC INDY (with pistol, Idol, sandbag, torch and logo base), MARION (with snakes and torch), GERMAN MECHANIC (with removable hat and wrench) and TOHT (with medallion, hot poker, removable overcoat and alternate ?melting? head). Complete your INDIANA JONES collection with this collectible box set featuring six individually carded toys.

FETT1

..IF I get one set..I'll be happy...if not ,NO WORRIES...these EXCLUSIVES seem to always show up about a year later ..A good example is the SW VINTAGE EXCLUSIVE (4-LOM / ZUCKUSS)...this set is popping up all over @ WINNERS(CANADIAN REATIL STORE)...thier only toys!!

:D :D

Henry W Jones

Billy Ray said:
Here is Hasbro's press release....

Approximate Retail Price: $64.99
Available through HasbroToyShop.com and Booth # 3329 at SDCC 2011.
Just in time for the 30th anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark, Hasbro excavates an entire “lost wave” of the fan-favorite 2008 INDIANA JONES line as a Comic-Con special edition Collector’s Pack. Each pack includes INDY IN GERMAN DISGUISE (with rocket launcher), SAPITO (with torch and backpack), CLASSIC INDY (with pistol, Idol, sandbag, torch and logo base), MARION (with snakes and torch), GERMAN MECHANIC (with removable hat and wrench) and TOHT (with medallion, hot poker, removable overcoat and alternate “melting” head). Complete your INDIANA JONES collection with this collectible box set featuring six individually carded toys.

Can you provide a link to this please? Thanks

vf wing

I guess the conundrum here is that it's an exclusive that isn't part of a current line, so where they will be found on the site seems open to conjecture. My guess is there will be some link on the home page... maybe in Special Offers? They should be up sometime on Monday I'd imagine.

Billy Ray

They are up for pre-order on Brianstoys for $129!

Call me crazy, but I went ahead and pre-ordered...just in case. If HTS puts them up I will cancel my order w/Brianstoys, just want to make sur eI ahve a set secured.

Henry W Jones

Billy Ray said:
Les posted it in this thread, but here it is again...

http://www.throwmetheidol.com/

Also on toynewsi:

How official are these sites? Hasbrotoyshop.com still ain't got sh*t about it and Ebay prices are $140-$150.

Billy Ray said:
They are up for pre-order on Brianstoys for $129!

Call me crazy, but I went ahead and pre-ordered...just in case. If HTS puts them up I will cancel my order w/Brianstoys, just want to make sur eI ahve a set secured.

Probably a smart move. When does Brianstoys ship them?

Billy Ray

Henry W Jones said:
How official are these sites? Hasbrotoyshop.com still ain't got sh*t about it and Ebay prices are $140-$150.

available at the HasbroToyShop booth (#3329) and in limited quantities, after Comic Con, at www.HasbroToyShop.com.

It's not the sites that need to be concerned with (though they are pretty reliable) but, and Les please correct me if I am wrong, this info is quoted from a press release from Hasbro themselves.

Henry W Jones said:
Probably a smart move. When does Brianstoys ship them?

I don't know if it's smart or not. I deliberated quite a while but my wife actually talked me into it. She knows how much I want these, and they are a birthday present. Like I said though, if I can them for cheaper through HTS, I will cancel in a heartbeat, but at least I have a set ordered if I can't. Brianstoys is pretty expensive, yet still cheaper than what they are going for on eBay right now. Plus, I know they are reliable and have great customer service. I'd rather give them my money than some guy who picked them up at the con just to flip them on eBay.

The site says "Estimated availability 8/5/2011". I know they ship same day on items that are in stock.

Last edited:

FETT1

RaiderMitch said:
Can rest easy knowing I have a set and will review them on an upcoming indycast.

HOW BOUT SOME UP CLOSE PICTURE'S OF THE SET MITCH...NOW THAT WOULD B/ SWEET!!:D

Nurhachi1991

I give up I can't afford freaking 150.00 on figures. :(

Now I know how Indy felt when the ark got jacked and he got locked in the Well of Souls.

Billy Ray said:
It's not the sites that need to be concerned with (though they are pretty reliable) but, and Les please correct me if I am wrong, this info is quoted from a press release from Hasbro themselves.

I don't know if it's smart or not. I deliberated quite a while but my wife actually talked me into it. She knows how much I want these, and they are a birthday present. Like I said though, if I can them for cheaper through HTS, I will cancel in a heartbeat, but at least I have a set ordered if I can't. Brianstoys is pretty expensive, yet still cheaper than what they are going for on eBay right now. Plus, I know they are reliable and have great customer service. I'd rather give them my money than some guy who picked them up at the con just to flip them on eBay.

The site says "Estimated availability 8/5/2011". I know they ship same day on items that are in stock.

Stop panicking! Even IF HTS doesn't get them the prices ALWAYS drop on SDCC stuff as the weeks after roll by. I've even bought some stuff BELOW the original selling price. And I hear the IJ set isn't selling that well - which is how dealers are getting them (they've had the limit of 2 suspended for them - my guy saw several dealers with case lots leaving the booth just a few hours ago).

Patience folks - unless you like spending double.

Lance Quazar

Many of hasbro's con exclusives have sold out at the Con.

Indy hasn't.

I strongly suspect there will be ample sets on HTS.