Old Trilogy Interviews

Stoo

More "Last Crusade" Interviews

AndyLGR said:
I know the feeling, I was exactly the same when people were authoring DVD's for me. Since I learnt the ropes I've authored lots of compilation DVD's creating artwork along the way for the menus too. The offers there, but if you need any help or advice just give me a shout.
Sure thing, mate. Consider the job yours!:hat: We can collaborate on the graphics and create a quality product. (I'll make room in my PM box and send you my e-mail address.)

Found some more great nuggets! One of them has a clip of Sallah & the camel which is longer than the bit I have:

NBC's "Today" Show - 15-16 May 1989
Harrison Ford / Sean Connery

NBC's "Today" Show - 17-18 May 1989
Steven Spielberg / Alison Doody

MTV Harrison Ford Special - 1989

Interesting to hear Connery criticizing Henry Sr.'s characterization!
micsteam said:
Great !!! I was having a hell of a time trying to upload this to Youtube, they said the file was to long. Stoo if you want I can get this stuff ( interviews and the japanese making) on DVD ?? Let me know. :hat:
A basic YouTube account has a limit of 10 mins. per upload. As for a DVD, we can do a trade. I don't need the Japanese show but the interviews would be great to have for a Raven compilation disc. Let's talk via e-mail.:)

AndyLGR

Just out of interest what are the sources of these gems? Are they taken from VHS tapes? Grabs from YouTube?

micsteam

Outside of the Japanese making of Last Crusade these are my personal recordings from that time on VHS. I'd been tinkering and trying to figure out how to get them on the internet but finally this week I purchased new equipment and got it done.

Stoo

AndyLGR said:
Just out of interest what are the sources of these gems? Are they taken from VHS tapes? Grabs from YouTube?
miscteam said:
Outside of the Japanese making of Last Crusade these are my personal recordings from that time on VHS.
Ditto.
ROLLERBALL said:
More Indy 3 interviews. Harrison, Alison Doody and Frank Marshall.
Starts about 7:30
Ha! That's Stu Jeffries interviewing from the old, Canadian music video show, "Good Rockin' Tonite". Talk about nostalgia! I didn't even realize the show was still going in 1989. Cool find, Rollerball!(y)

micsteam

Rollerball, those were excerpts to the original interviews ET had with Ford and Connery that I posted up on Youtube, a lot of that was edited out of my interviews. Thanks for the link !! :hat:

Stoo

ROLLERBALL said:
Heres a nice interview with Harrison for Raiders promotion
http://www.sonuma.be/archive/harrison-ford-ce-héros
Thanks again, ROLLERBALL. You're really good at finding these rare nuggets!:hat: Harrison, with the beard, looks just as did for the "Great Movie Stunts" special (which also aired in October '81, just like this interview).

Most of the questions are self-evident but, for the heck of it, here are translations:

- Do you like snakes?

- But never with cobras, I suppose?

- Was Karen Allen afraid?

- How long did it take to film the chase and the pass under the truck, for example?

- How did you know if you were capable of implementing your physical prowess or if you needed to call in a stuntman?

- I suppose that it's difficult to do physical action and perform at the same time?

- Is there a big difference between Han Solo and Indiana Jones or are they sort of brothers living in different times?

- You've already played Indiana Jones once and Han Solo, I believe, twice. Do you care to be them again?

- And, so, the big question: Who is Harrison Ford?

- Yes, but you're also a hero to millions of people.

- Is it easy to keep a private life?

Stoo

ROLLERBALL said:
Thank you for the translation stoo!!
You're welcome ROLLERBALL. Thanks for the link! It's a good one.(y) Harrison Ford has always been a modest fellow and this clip really demonstrates it.

What's funny is that the doofus who did the French voiceover actually said that Harrison played Indy twice and Han Solo once (and this was October 1981). I fudged the translation to reflect what the real interviewer (Sélim Sasson) probably said.