Medicom's Henry Jones Sr.

You should change the title. That's Medicom's not Sideshow's. I'll wait for Sideshow to make theirs. Medicom's are about an inch and a half shorter than regular 1:6 12" figures.

Michael24

Oh, it's not a Sideshow figure? I didn't realize that, seeing as how it was on Sideshow's website. Will they be making their own? I got it to go with my Sideshow Indy, so should I cancel it and wait for Sideshow's then if there's going to be much difference?

Michael24 said:
Oh, it's not a Sideshow figure? I didn't realize that, seeing as how it was on Sideshow's website. Will they be making their own? I got it to go with my Sideshow Indy, so should I cancel it and wait for Sideshow's then?

According to the interview in Toy Fair, Sideshow hinted that they will be doing Henry Jones.

Michael24

Great, talk about a dilemma. Either stay with this one and have an even better one come out (if that's possible) by Sideshow, or cancel this one and have Sideshow end up not doing one, then find it's too late to reorder this one. Though according to Sideshow's specs, both figures are the same height. What to do, what to do..... :confused:

Thanks for the heads up, though.

I was torn at first but the scale pretty much made the decision for me. You could always try switching the head on a Sideshow body but then you are faced with clothes that are shorter and won't fit. Sideshow is always agonizingly slow releasing their products but the wait should be worth it. I'm holding out for the best.

Michael24

Okay, maybe I'll cave in and cancel and wait, but your sure about the scale? Sideshow lists it as the same height as their own Indy, so is that just a mistake on their part then? I just hate to get screwed on this, but I guess I can wait and hope for the best, especially if the price will be lower than $150.

1:6 scale in Asia is slightly smaller because of the metric conversion. All of their Star Wars figures are slightly smaller than Sideshow's 12" figures which is why I refuse to buy any of Medicom's armored RAH figures because they look awkward standing next to Sideshow's. If you don't mind Henry being just over an inch shorter than Indy than I'd say go for it. The sculpt is amazing and it looks like a nice figure. Their Indy on the other hand doesn't look right to me and the zipper on his jacket is no better than the Relic Hunter. Even their upcoming KOTCS Indy looks disappointing.

doesitmatter

I'm debating both of these guys. I preordered the Sideshow Indy but I like this one too. If Sideshow makes a Henry Sr. I'll probably want it. But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like this one.

After 25 years of no Indy figures, I never thought I'd have to make these decisions.

Michael24

I decided to go ahead and wait, so I cancelled my order. It was kinda tough, but after awhile I decided that, despite how great the sculpt looks, it would ultimately really bug me that Indy was towering an inch-and-a-half over his dad. Haha!! So I really hope Sideshow follows through and makes their own Henry Jones. :) (For a little less in price, too.)

Billy Ray

A little late I guess but, for the record, Henry Sr. does come with his bag and umbrella at least. As far as I know, no other accesories have been revealed. I would hope that he would come with the Grail Diary.

20080322_4ba315a029d467979a19zhrRWE.jpg