Indy Biters....riding on the Indy release! (Welcome back Allan Quatermain!)

metalinvader

aq_large.jpg

Good lord!:eek:

Avilos

This is hilarious! Some of these studios specialize in low budget knock-offs of whatever the big summer movies are. What is even more funny is that there never was a Allan Quartermain story about skulls!!!

-Jones-

You don't know "The Asylum" studios? These guys rip-off every big movie. For example: I am Omega /I am Legend/, Doomsday /2012: Doomsday/, Monster /Cloverfield/ or AvP: Requiem /AVH: Alien vs Hunter/. The list goes on and on...

I've seen the trailer of this piece of s***... I... I... I... just forget it...

Last edited:

Stoo

Yes, yes, YES!!! Another Allan Quatermain movie!!!!(y) Damn, I can't wait to get this!!!!!!
I'm surprised by the whip, though. The trailer for "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold"
has a couple of shots with him using a whip that were cut from the movie. I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Biters or not, I love the knock-offs. I hope we get flooded like the good ol' days in the '80s.

Thanks a million for the news, yodazone!

|ZiR|

Stoo said:
... Biters or not, I love the knock-offs. I hope we get flooded like the good ol' days in the '80s.

Yeah, I'm all up for this. I like the Indy ripoffs.

Snakes

Hahahahahaha! All of The Asylum movies are hilarious. I haven't seen any but just reading the titles always gives me a good laugh. I love how bad the hat they used for this one is, it looks so small and dorky.

Michael24

I was just about to ask if this was an Asylum movie. They even did a "Snakes On A Train" rip-off, and I remember reading a Samuel Jackson interview where he said, "I was pissed when I heard about that, because now we can't use that title for the sequel." Haha!!

There's plenty of low-budget DTVs out there that basically rip-off other more-popular films (which doesn't really bother, and I tend to enjoy DTVs in general), but Asylum is probably the most blatant about it since they always release them around the time the film they're ripping off is coming out.

Deckard

Michael24 said:
I was just about to ask if this was an Asylum movie. They even did a "Snakes On A Train" rip-off, and I remember reading a Samuel Jackson interview where he said, "I was pissed when I heard about that, because now we can't use that title for the sequel." Haha!!

There's plenty of low-budget DTVs out there that basically rip-off other more-popular films (which doesn't really bother, and I tend to enjoy DTVs in general), but Asylum is probably the most blatant about it since they always release them around the time the film they're ripping off is coming out.

They could still do Snakes on a Caine w/ Michael Caine. Could you imagine the "Im sick of these **** snakes" line w/ a cockney accent.

Michael24

LMAO!! What would be even funnier is if, since they likely couldn't afford Michael Caine, they just sign Craig Ferguson and have him play Caine. He does a great semi-parody impersonation. :D

roundshort

Stoo said:
Yes, yes, YES!!! Another Allan Quatermain movie!!!!(y) Damn, I can't wait to get this!!!!!!
I'm surprised by the whip, though. The trailer for "Allan Quatermain and the Lost City of Gold"
has a couple of shots with him using a whip that were cut from the movie. I wonder why?:rolleyes:

Biters or not, I love the knock-offs. I hope we get flooded like the good ol' days in the '80s.

I agree 100%! I miss all the great knock offs, some were even decent like Romancing the stone etc! Like all the bad Star wars knock off (Ice Pirates anyone!)

Michael24

I love ROMANCING THE STONE, though I believe it was actually already in the works (the original script, anyway, not the film) before RAIDERS came out. Though it's success probably helped speed up production, even though it didn't come out until 1984 I think?

But ICE PIRATES. Oh, man... After hearing about that movie years I rented it last year from NetFlix, and I think I had to turn it off after about 30 minutes. And BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS I only barely made it to the end credits.

Ska

Stoo said:

Sweet! One more for the shelf! Let the Indy rip-offs begin...

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up, Yoda (and ResidentAlien...for the closed thread).

SKAbatula said:
Sweet! One more for the shelf! Let the Indy rip-offs begin...

Yeah, thanks for the heads-up, Yoda (and ResidentAlien...for the closed thread).

Of course. :p

...so excited for this. I hope it's really wonderfully awful. Zero-budget flicks are a favorite of mine.

Stoo

roundshort said:
More of a Star Wars rip, but anyone see Megaforce?
Oh, yeah...with Barry Bostwick. I saw it in the theatre. "Deeds Not Words"!
I begged some friends to see "The Ice Pirates" with me and we had to take
a long bus ride to get where it was playing. What a mistake that was...:eek:

Any movie that had lasers in it, I would go to:
"Battlestar Galactica"
"Message From Space"
"Starcrash"
"Battle Beyond The Stars"
"Buck Rogers in the 25th Century"
"The Black Hole"
"Moonraker"
"The Last Starfighter"
etc.
SKABatula said:
I was wondering when you were going to find this (and was going to PM you)!
The thread title has been updated so it should be easier for people to find now.
ResidentAlien said:
...so excited for this. I hope it's really wonderfully awful. Zero-budget flicks are a favorite of mine.
Then, you'd probably enjoy "King Solomon's Treasure"!:)