Back to the Future

Finn

Staff member
OK, this thread is for all kinds of discussion for one of the true modern-day classics, the BTTF series. I personally think those movies are great & fun and hold some memorable quotes, (but there are some flaws too)...

To start the discussion, there is one thing that has bugged me, in part II.
When old Biff "borrows" DeLorean to visit the past, why does he return the same 2015 he left, if he made some major changes to the events in 1955?

I dunno about you, but this has always bugged me. Theories anyone? (I don't care if they're somewhat "docbrownish", maybe even better that way.)

swords

Well I was thinking of putting this in a doc voice[doc voice], but I guess it doesn't need it. Anyway, I always thought when old Biff returns it is indeed the alternate future. And when he steps out of the Delorean, he's fading away from existence. Plus when Marty and Doc leave, they are actually leaving that very same future, so they don't witness the change. Thats what I always thought.:)

I see we have a lot BttF fans here, good idea to bring its own topic. Here's some memorable(and funny) quotes:

"Lorraine, my density has brought me to you."
"What?"
"What I meant to say was-"
"-Wait a minute. Don't I know you from somewhere?"
"Yes, yes! Im George, George Mcfly. Im your density...I mean destiny."

"The justice system moves swiftly in the future, now that they abolished all lawyers."

"Im going to hunt you down and shoot you like a duck!"
"Ahh its like a dog, Tannen."
"AHHH! Come on boys! let these stupid people have their party."

00Kevin

Indyfan
(BTTF theme KICKS in)

00Kevin, attila, swords and all the BTTF fans zoom towards you on hoverboards

BTTF was an instant classic when it was rerleased, and is still one of the most loved scifi films. I bought the DVD set (or at least made someone buy it for me :D)good website to see:

http://www.BTTF.com/

"that's as funny as a screen door on a battleship"
"Screen door on a submarine ya JERK!"

"Why don't you make like a tree...and get outta here."

and my fav:

"TAKE THAT YA MUTATED SON OF A :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:"

swords

:D"Its already mutated into human form! Shoot it!"

Remembered some more:

"Is this a hold up?"
"No! Its a science experiment!"

"Doc, there he is! Lets land on him, we'll cripple his car.
"Marty, he's in a 46 Ford, we're in a Delorean, he'll rip through us like we were tin foil."

"I HATE MANURE!":D

Attila the Professor

Staff member
1.21 Gigawatts!

"Great Scott! Howdy doody time!"
- beginning of BTTF II

"Ronald Reagan! The actor!"

"Tab? I can't give you a tab unless you order something."

Hmm...I'm surprised that's all I can think of offhand...this is heavy...

swords

:D"Theres that word again, heavy. Is there something wrong with the gravitational pull in the future?"

Thought up some more:

"Your telling me this sucker is nuclear?!"

"Hey doc, back up, we don't have enough road to reach 88."
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need-roads."

"Wait a minute, your telling me, my mom has the hots for me?!"

There, Im out, can't think of anymore.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
"SO you're my great-grandfather. The first McFly born in America...and you just pee-ed on me."

EvilDevo

my favorites:

-"were sending you back... to the future!!!" (doc points to camera)
-"dad... dad... daddy-oh"
-"lets see if you bastards can do 90!"

and of course...

-"wait a minute doc, are you telling me that you built a TIME MACHINE!?!? ...out of a delorean?"

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Devin_149 said:
-"wait a minute doc, are you telling me that you built a TIME MACHINE!?!? ...out of a delorean?"

The way I see it, if you're going to build a time machine out of a car, why not do it with some style?

Finn

Staff member
Dilemma #2

In part III, one of my favorite gags has been:
"Who dressed you like that?"
"You did."

Well, anyway, if 1955 Doc gave Marty the clothing, why didn't 1885 Doc know of this, because he was actually a later version (1985) of Doc, and thus should know everything earlier Doc knows too?

Okay, the simplest way is the fact he has clearly forgotten whole thing, but still...

NileQT87

from the deleted scenes:

"hitting on your mom can really skrew up a guy. what if i go back to 85 and i become gay or something!"
-marty-

the blooper reel is a real charmer. michael j. fox impersonating cheech was pretty darn good (dont watch it with the little tykes that dont want to hear foul language, because he calls loraine a b**** among the of course cheater).

----------

::as loraine kisses him, marty looks terrified (ambers favorite part of the movie)::
"kissing you was like...kissing my brother. you wouldnt understand that." -loraine-
"yeah, i would." -marty-

i get a major kick out of all the lorraine flirting with marty scenes. they are all too hilarious because its not something you see in films every day...and at least be funny anyway.

the calvin klein purple underwear scene is funny. especially when hes falling off the bed and trips while hes trying to put on his pants. ::giggle giggle snort::

"youre so--so--so HOT! and youre SKINNY!" -marty-

"dont hook the speakers up, because there might be a slight chance of overload." -doc-

"i am darth vader! from the planet vulcan!" -marty-

"wheres my pants." -marty-
"i put them there on my hope chest." -loraine-

"you never told me you did anything cool!" -marty-

"you dont just walk into a drugstore and buy plutonium doc!" -marty-

swords

See, I knew we had a lot of BTTF fans here.

New question: Whats the appeal of BTTF, why does everyone enjoy these movies?

[Finn, don't know a answer to your question, Im sure it was just a gag, but Im sure if I gave a answer it would sound far fetched]

DrJones56

IndyFan
"What the hell is a jigawat?!"

"Okay George let's keep this whole brain melting thing to ourselves."

:D

I noticed those glitches too, BTTF runs on a weird Time Travel tangit, there are many of these bloopers throughout the movie, but I think it shows how dificult time travel would be, atleast in the movie sense. But aside from that, BTTF has got to be one of my favorite series of all time, and it's greatness outweighs is imperfection. :)

"Crazy drunk pedestrian."

And when Marty returned to the new 1985 in BTTF, why didn't he have memories of his changed life of 1985?! That has always bugged me, you would probably have two superimposed memories from going through a time warp, weird don't you think?

"Is this a hold up?"
"It's a science experiment!"

DrJones56

IndyFan
Thinkin about it, that movie has a TON of neat quotable lines, God I love that!

"It works! Haha! It works! I finally invent something that works!"
"Bet your ass it works."

"We're sending you back, to the future!"

"Something inconspicuous!"

Finn

Staff member
Dilemma #3

Oh, and if Marty's mom has known Marty in '55, she doesn't wonder at all how her son is an exact copy of the love of her youth? Explain that! :p

[Edited by Finn on 05-15-2003 at 04:15 am]

swords

Hmmm I think thirties years you would have forgotten what Calvin Klein looked like too.;):) Speaking of which, wouldn't she be a little curious why her son is wearing her first love's purple underwear in the 80s, coincidently called Calvin Klein?

[Edited by swords on 05-15-2003 at 07:58 am]

EvilDevo

maybe hearing all the calvin klein ads on tv and on the radio had made her think that the calvin klein she knew back in high school had become the clothing designer, and that marty just happened to look a little like him when he was younger (and not an exact copy). after all, as swords said, 30 years could do a lot to your memory.