General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Hovito

I'm fairly new here and dont know much about films but I know whatI like I like everything ive heard about the new film id like more movies too. shia was great in transformers i think hell be good in Indy too. Why not more movies with him in.

Dr.Sartorius

Gotta jump on the bandwagon here.

Indy 5 with Harrison in the lead, Mutt playing second fiddle, maybe.
Indy 5 with Mutt in the lead or Harrison playing second fiddle, **** no.

Jndy

If George Lucas make a Mutt-centric Indiana Jones movie, I will kick him in the nuts.

Better to let a classic franchise die than to ruin it. You think George would have learned from the Star Wars prequels.

bergstrom

I can see "Mutt Jones and the hunt for the Rod of Aaron" (I'm making this up as I go along) coming out and the next gereration of Lucasfilm/Indy supporters crying "George Lucas raped my childhood"

For someone who is careful about violece in his films, he seems to have an amazing way of repeatedly putting a gun into his own hand and shooting himself in the foot.

No Shia in next film please, or ever.

berg

sandiegojones

18 pages already. Wow. Gay.

Look, if Mutt is the focus then I doubt it'll be an Indy film. It'll have a title like "Raiders" and yes, maybe a cameo but if HF did it he'd do so willingly and according to all of the interviews they all love Shia. If they want to make it then let them make it, if you don't want to see it then don't go. If the box office is poor then they won't make another Mutt Williams film.

I think it's kinda lame to go on and on about something that hasn't been done yet.

Enjoy Indy 4 before you get your panties in a bunch over a possible 5th film.

GRAILKNIGHT

You know what would be cool for Indy 5 is if Lucas decided to bridge
Star Wars and Indy together and Shia/Mutt on a quest to find the mummified
alien remains of Jar Jar and a gungan plasma ball.(y)

sandiegojones

Adamwankenobi said:
As I said in another thread, it wouldn't be an Indiana Jones movie, it would be a Mutt Williams movie.
Perceptive. :rolleyes:

HF is old so if they want to keep it going they need a new angle, this gives them a way to tie it together.

Salacious

ResidentAlien said:
*Gasp*

I'm so concerned. Because you and a few other *******s post a message saying you don't like me.

You're such an accurate cross-section for the bulk of society.

:rolleyes:

You really think you at all concern me... you don't. But keep reassuring yourself of your influence over my emotions. It must make you feel big to assume that your hatred has an effect over me.

You're just wasting your time. I find you amusing. I find you an overzealous, self-assured loser... but it doesn't bother me. There's a lot of your kind in the world. Always have and always will be. I can be mildly amused by it... but in the end of the day... you aren't even a blip in the radar of my thoughts.

The fact you feel you need to continue to defend yourself against faceless "avatars" just shows how pathetic you are. Everyone here except you knows its true.

Adamwankenobi

sandiegojones said:
Perceptive. :rolleyes:

HF is old so if they want to keep it going they need a new angle, this gives them a way to tie it together.

It just gets annoying when people say "It's Indy 5 with Shai!!!! NOOOO!!! Shia can't be the main character in an Indy movie! He can't replace Harrison".

Weeeeeell, who says it's an Indy movie? :rolleyes: As I said in another thread, the upcoming The Incredible Hulk isn't an Iron Man movie, even though the Tony Stark character appears in it.

Jason

I feel that we have 3 great Indy films with a 4th on the way most likely. If they want to make another film that's a spin off, I'd like to see how that pans out. If it sucks, we never have to watch it. I guess I'm just a less is more kind of guy when I know that regardless I have 3 great movies.

nzlc

im pretty certain they will do indy 5 with shia as the lead.Everyone knew that was a strong possibility and with shia only getting bigger paramount will be able to sell him easy to audiences.With him possibly doing tintin too he will be massive in a few years

Shia is just another Hollywood golden boy flavor-of-the-month. Where's Maculey Culkin? Ten years from now Shia will be a washed up drug addict doing low-rent direct-to-video flicks for drug money.

nzlc

Quite possibly^^^But with steven at his side i dont think he will turn out like maculey or hopefully he wont get the disney drug addict curse

Amdrag

Agent Spalko said:
Shia is just another Hollywood golden boy flavor-of-the-month. Where's Maculey Culkin? Ten years from now Shia will be a washed up drug addict doing low-rent direct-to-video flicks for drug money.

Wouldn't say that at all, however attempting an Indy movie with Indy as the sidekick just wouldn't play. Spielberg just wouldn't let him do it.

Raiders90

And there's a big difference. Wasn't Culkin only a kid when his career hit it's height, with Home Alone and didn't it wane shortly thereafter?
Whereas Shia's had a nice career in TV, and so far his films have been a success. He's an icon with people in my age group. Guys think he's alright, and girls love him.

EDIT: Culkin was only 9 when he was in Uncle Buck, and 10 in Home Alone, and Home Alone was his only real great success.

Dr. Gonzo

JerryKing said:
Ah, the first actual, spoken confirmation of the obvious.

Shia La will take over, probably by 2012.

That just also happens to be when some believe the world comes to an end...
...if you know what I mean.