Indiana Jones Film 4 Plot Revealed!

FordFan

If they went back to the Well of Souls, it would look like the producing team ran out of ideas. To have Indy go after the Ark or anything related to the Ark would be nothing but a cut scene from Raiders, with an older Indiana Jones.

It's an interesting thought, but more than that? Not really.

indyphd

Renderking Fisk said:
You just can't beat LC'ers logic.

You really think they're going to make an anti-Mason's movie? Think about that.

I had someone else say something about that - and don't see where the Anti-Mason thing is coming into it.

I took the original reference to Masons out though it was not an Anti-Mason thing; it just said that Indy?s Great Grandfather was a Mason, therefore giving him a legitimate reason why he would be looking for the Relic, though not for the same reasons as the CFR would be trying to obtain the relic.

The fact he searched for it with such a passion creates a family character trait; that passion passes onto his son as a compulsion to search out the Holly Grail, and now onto Indiana Jones; and if it goes farther, onto Indy?s Son.

Though most Masons are good men with great families, I don't think anyone thinks they are a perfect group of men anymore than any other formal gathering of people. You can find evil and ulterior motives in every organized group whether religious or secular, so it would not be unreasonable to expect the same out of Masons or government are anything else.

Let say only 3% of any organization is corrupt. Imagine the #'s at 1,000,000 members. Polling would have corruption in any organization higher than 3%. So it would not be unreasonable for the Masons or Catholics or Christian or any social group to expect there is not some type of dirt or corruption that can be played upon. It's done with every other entity in the world...why would we think as Masons we should be exempt?

Paul
mrindianajonesprm

Pale Horse

Staff member
indyphd

...I took the original reference to Masons out though it was not an Anti-Mason thing...

Soooo, is this your (hypothetical) plot, our something that can be substantiated?

indyphd

apalehorse said:

Soooo, is this your (hypothetical) plot, our something that can be substantiated?

Yes, this is a hypothetical plot, or something that can be substantiated. :)

Aron knows, maybe we should ask him?????????????

Paul Marshall PhD
http://www.mrindianajones.com

[Edited by indyphd on 11-18-2003 at 12:29 am]

indyphd

Renderking Fisk said:
Paul... this is something YOU made up, isn't it?

Yeah, I suppose it could be...only time will tell;

However by means of raison d'être, I perhaps could present a few supplementary details on the matter if they fashion themselves useful, proviso the interest and circumstance emerge for a second time.

Paul
http://www.mrindianajones.com

P.S. I don't believe the "Road to Perdition" would have quite the impact if it didn?t have the Fedoras, Tommy guns, and old cars. The era and the characteristics we define it by are what give the movie the powerful ora it had.

[Edited by indyphd on 11-18-2003 at 10:31 am]

torao

Moderator Emeritus
indyphd said:
Yes, this is a hypothetical plot, or something that can be substantiated. :)

Aron knows, maybe we should ask him?????????????

[/B]

actually...to procove aaron a bit:
i get more `n more doubts about you knowledge concerning indy4°!!! :D i always read your words saying that some great news from your side is ahead and....nothing happens. c`mon aaron!

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I have not spoken about major IV stuff for nearly a year.
What I have said in the past has all come to pass. The big news I promised came and went, Indy IV became offical, script draft 1 was completed, and the DVD's came to be. The time schedule may have been off, but not by much and as we all know Hollywood is always changing its schedule.

I don't have any new information that I can share, or that I would want to. When the time comes info will start to flow more freely, and I will be here to serve it up.

"Trust me."

indyphd

Renderking Fisk said:
indyphd said:
P.S. I don't believe the "Road to Perdition" would have quite the impact if it didn?t have the Fedoras, Tommy guns, and old cars. The era and the characteristics we define it by are what give the movie the powerful ora it had.

Oh, now you're getting NASTY! Those are fighting words! [Quickly lays out a few shot glasses and fills them with Whiskey.]

I wasn't getting nasty, I had just read your review and add my post script as you were not sure if you thought you would answer that the movie would be as good as you thought if the Fedoras, Tommy guns, and old cars were not there. And I was just saying, I think that those items help make that movie, and if you were to put it in another era of time, the plot may not have been played out as well. Regardless you can still bring out the shot glasses...I need a drink.

Paul

Pale Horse

Staff member
I could use a shot of whiskey, too. Where's Ameera?

I am glad we now know this as hypothetical, and that makes it more malleable and ready to perfect into good fan fiction.

indyphd

Webley said:
Who is going to adapt this screenplay in to the book?

I don't know how good I would be at writing a whole book about it...I will have to try and write out an action theme and see if I can live with it.

indyphd

temple of john said:
The more I read about this Indy's grandfather thing the more I want to split open somebody's grill. I want to see the character get back to his ass kicking days of raiders.

The grandfather thing has little to do with the movie character of Indy. It simply creates a reference so that the plot can be mapped from it in a direct like an easterly or westerly declination...kind of sort a thing.

Paul

[Edited by indyphd on 01-29-2004 at 07:14 am]

Indyana Joana

indyphd said:
I had someone else say something about that - and don't see where the Anti-Mason thing is coming into it.

I took the original reference to Masons out though it was not an Anti-Mason thing; it just said that Indy?s Great Grandfather was a Mason, therefore giving him a legitimate reason why he would be looking for the Relic, though not for the same reasons as the CFR would be trying to obtain the relic.

The fact he searched for it with such a passion creates a family character trait; that passion passes onto his son as a compulsion to search out the Holly Grail, and now onto Indiana Jones; and if it goes farther, onto Indy?s Son.

Though most Masons are good men with great families, I don't think anyone thinks they are a perfect group of men anymore than any other formal gathering of people. You can find evil and ulterior motives in every organized group whether religious or secular, so it would not be unreasonable to expect the same out of Masons or government are anything else.

Let say only 3% of any organization is corrupt. Imagine the #'s at 1,000,000 members. Polling would have corruption in any organization higher than 3%. So it would not be unreasonable for the Masons or Catholics or Christian or any social group to expect there is not some type of dirt or corruption that can be played upon. It's done with every other entity in the world...why would we think as Masons we should be exempt?

Paul
mrindianajonesprm

My Great Grandfather was a mason. He was a good man. He owned some land, a telephone company, and a few little places people rented out as little stores. It was a very tiny town, but he did a lot of good things for the community.

My uncle was also a mason. He was principal of an elementary school for over 30 years. He had a wonderful interest in the well-being of all children in his school. He knew all their names. (When I was growing up, he always asked me questions no one else did; such as, who is your Heroine. I was only in the 9th grade and I hadn't really thought about it. I finally came to the conclusion that Audrey Hepburn is my heroine. She was a great actress and she did many great things for needy people.)

Anyway, I just wanted to put a few positive notes out there about the Masons. I haven't actually heard any bad things about them. I've just heard they have done some bad things. It's a mysterious cloak around their actual activities. For the good, let's hope there is a good reason for that, like the protection of early American artifacts.

Indyana Joana

Finn

Staff member
Holy resurrection of a way dead thread... a big relief, though. Don't have to figure out what to do with the thread opener.

WillKill4Food

My uncle was a member of the Masons.
He told my dad one day a few years ago that he was advancing to the next rank of masonry soon.
After he advanced to that rank, I can't remember what the rank was, he told my dad that he now wanted out of the Masons after some of the things they told him.
A week went by, and my dad couldn't contact his brother, even though he tried.
One day he gets a call from the cops. My uncle was found dead next to a window in his apartment with a bullet in the back of his head. The cops ruled it as suicide.:eek:

sunshinestate1992

WillKill4Food said:
My uncle was a member of the Masons.
He told my dad one day a few years ago that he was advancing to the next rank of masonry soon.
After he advanced to that rank, I can't remember what the rank was, he told my dad that he now wanted out of the Masons after some of the things they told him.
A week went by, and my dad couldn't contact his brother, even though he tried.
One day he gets a call from the cops. My uncle was found dead next to a window in his apartment with a bullet in the back of his head. The cops ruled it as suicide.:eek:
REally????????????