God's Loyalty

Indy's Fist

God knew that the Americans would do anything to stop the Nazi's from getting it and once the Americans did get would hide it well. God can see the future and he knew that we would never use it for evil.

Doc Savage

Pale Horse said:
What happens when an infant dies?
"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died." Rom 7:7-9

I think this is the strongest Scriptural defense of an "age of accountability." There's no biblical basis for Purgatory, and I find it against God's character to condemn an innocent to Hell.

Just my pastoral two-cents worth...

Doc Savage

You sound positively Socratic, Fist...in my opinion, that's the best way to find truth. Socrates said that the unexamined life isn't worth living. I believe that the unexamined belief isn't worth believing.

Indy's Fist said:
Who said Earth isn't purgatory?

Those in the long line of faithfull who instituted baptism as a sacrament.
Many more learned men and women then you or me.

Purgatory (Lat., "purgare", to make clean, to purify) in accordance with Catholic teaching is a place or condition of temporal punishment for those who, departing this life in God's grace, are, not entirely free from venial faults, or have not fully paid the satisfaction due to their transgressions.

The faith of the Church concerning purgatory is clearly expressed in the Decree of Union drawn up by the Council of Florence (Mansi, t. XXXI, col. 1031), and in the decree of the Council of Trent which (Sess. XXV) defined:

"Whereas the Catholic Church, instructed by the Holy Ghost, has from the Sacred Scriptures and the ancient tradition of the Fathers taught in Councils and very recently in this Ecumenical synod (Sess. VI, cap. XXX; Sess. XXII cap.ii, iii) that there is a purgatory, and that the souls therein are helped by the suffrages of the faithful, but principally by the acceptable Sacrifice of the Altar; the Holy Synod enjoins on the Bishops that they diligently endeavor to have the sound doctrine of the Fathers in Councils regarding purgatory everywhere taught and preached, held and believed by the faithful" (Denzinger, "Enchiridon", 983).

Further than this the definitions of the Church do not go, but the tradition of the Fathers and the Schoolmen must be consulted to explain the teachings of the councils, and to make clear the belief and the practices of the faithful.

Last edited:

Indy's Fist

Doc Savage said:
You sound positively Socratic, Fist...in my opinion, that's the best way to find truth. Socrates said that the unexamined life isn't worth living. I believe that the unexamined belief isn't worth believing.

He who choses not to to look beyond what has been established and follows the teachings of those before them unqustioned will learn nothing of the truth. The power of God resisdes within all of us...the ability to use one's mind!

Pale Horse

Staff member
Doc Savage said:
... and I find it against God's character to condemn an innocent to Hell.

Just my pastoral two-cents worth...

Very appreciated, but there too in Romans 3:23 ALL have sinned...

not all, accountable have sinned. It's quite the paradox. ;)

?For when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness, and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even excuse them..."

Romans 2:14 ff

Indy's Fist said:
He who choses not to to look beyond what has been established and follows the teachings of those before them unqustioned will learn nothing of the truth. The power of God resisdes within all of us...the ability to use one's mind!

So true...but don't forget to include the wisdom of those who have gone before you:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"

Indy's Fist

Rocket Surgeon said:
So true...but don't forget to include the wisdom of those who have gone before you:

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it"
True. But if wisdom is just, then one should have no problem explaining when it's questioned.

Doc Savage

Pale Horse said:
Very appreciated, but there too in Romans 3:23 ALL have sinned...

not all, accountable have sinned. It's quite the paradox. ;)
It's true that this is one of the most debated questions in my "field." Kind of like the question, "What about those who've never heard the Gospel?" But referencing the verse you quoted, it goes on to say that justification is free in Christ. I believe that justification extends to those incapable of making such a decision. The Romans 7 passage is what I rest on.

Good to hear from you, Thanatos.

Indy's Fist

Rocket Surgeon said:
Some people have to learn the hard way...
Your answers are careful to avoid the questions. That could be seen as arrogant, making it difficult for some to accept your wisdom.