The All Things Alien Thread

sandiegojones

I think the idea for aliens is a red herring. Since this takes place in the 50's with the soviets in a space race I think that there'll be talk of aliens, due to the indigenous peoples mythology about the skull and "higher beings". Also I'm sure we'll see the archeological evidence of deformed skulls (a practice that incas and mayans performed on infants to change the skull shape so as to appear like the "gods") which would have likely been misunderstood in the 50's and could be mistaken for aliens since people were really into sci-fi then.

I think there'll be a logical explanation for all of this as the film plays out.

rowerguy7

has anyone noticed the face of an alien in the teaser poster? right between the eyes of the skull in the background?

sandiegojones

rowerguy7 said:
has anyone noticed the face of an alien in the teaser poster? right between the eyes of the skull in the background?

yeah, it was one of the 1st things I noticed when it was released, but I'm not sure yet it's an alien. Looks like a smaller skull.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
When the poster was first released a couple of people here joked that it was General Grevious. It kinda does look like him.

Avilos

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet.

The Soviet Union had many of its own UFO sightings. As many, if not more, than the USA. Including claims that they also recovered Alien craft and were secretly studying the technology. SO its very consistent with UFO/Alien lore and mythology that the Soviets would be interested in the true origins of the Crystal Skulls. Same way that Hitler really was interested in the Occult.

Legendary Times

I think it is great that the new Indy movie might have an extraterrestrial element in it. In fact, from the Classic Ancient Astronaut perspective, also the Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail were extraterrestrial artefacts, misinterpreted by our ancestors as being divine in nature.

Elsewhere someone mentions elongated skulls which can be found in the Inca culture, specifically at Nazca - and yes, wooden boards and planks were indeed bound around the heads of newborn babies, so the newborns' heads would grow in an elongated fashion.

The question we must ask is: why was this done? Why would any parent expose their children to such prolonged periods of pain and agony that is accompanied with having their skulls "deformed" on such a massive scale? Remember, these boards were bound very tightly, oftentimes resulting in premature deaths.

The Nazca (and other!) myths and legends give the answer to these baffling questions: a long, long time ago, "the heavens opened," and the gods (lower case 'g'!), the "Guardians of the Sky," descended from the sky in flying vehicles.

The Ancient Astronaut Theory postulates that some of these visitors had elongated skulls. The natives, mistakenly thought that these visitors were divine beings (which they were not!), wanted to "honor" these strangers and so they manually elongated the heads of some of their newborn - specifically to imitate what they had seen. For worship or otherwise. In archaeology and ethnology, such behavior is commonly referred to as a Cargo Cult.

Interestingly, the natives did this only because they did not comprehend that these visitors were everything but divine beings. The natives (regardless where they were located on the planet) did not comprehend the nuts and bolts aspect behind the aliens' visits and technology, they did not comprehend that the aliens were nothing more than flesh and blood space travelers.

While our ancestors were extremely intelligent, the extraterrestrial visits were, logically (!), beyond their frame of reference! Imagine you can travel back in time and you bring along a DVD and a DVD player. Imagine you'll get the opportunity to meet Julius Caesar. Tell me, how would you describe this DVD to Julius Caesar? Regardless of what you'll tell him, he will NOT comprehend the technical aspects behind the DVD player. It is beyond his frame of reference. Sure, you can turn on the DVD player, pop in the DVD and play it for him, but in doing so, you will instantaneously have become a sorcerer in the eyes of Julius Caesar!

What's more, because such a technology is beyond his frame of reference, the DVD will all of a sudden become a wondrous object with which one can see the world without moving an inch. How would Caesar describe the screen? In all likelihood, it'll become a "glowing" or "shining stone" or "magic box" - most intriguing of all, the ancient world literature is filled with strange stories about bizarre "glowing stones" and "magic boxes" with which the "gods" were able to see "everything" and "everyone." There are hundreds of such examples.

Regardless, none of this has a whole lot to do with the skull in the new Indy IV teaser poster. Why? Because it is not the skull that's elongated here, it's the eye-socket. One poster's assertion that when a skull is artificially elongated with boards, it elongates the eye-socket as well, is false.

In my studies and multiple expeditions to Peru I have seen and held in my hand over 2 dozen elongated skulls. None of them had elongated eye sockets. Even though the tops of the skulls were grotesquely elongated, the eye sockets remained 100% intact.

The oval-shaped, elongated eye socket that can be seen in this poster is highly reminiscent of the alien skulls images that have entered the popular culture of today. Therefore, I'm sure that the new Indy movie will tackle the Ancient Astronaut question... In my humble opinion, this is most certainly one additional piece of how to "prepare" the general public that our past was not at all the way we were taught in school...

Giorgio Tsoukalos

metalinvader

Awesome post,Legendary Times.Indy tackling the ancient astronaut theory is something I find really intriguing and your post just got me more excited.:hat:

Legendary Times

Thank you ChromiumBlue37 and Metalinvader, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Yes, once again, the Indy storyline revolves around a real-life mystery. In this movie, it's the crystal skulls. I urge everyone to read some of the well-researched books on the crystal skulls which follow their journey from the ancient temples of the Maya to the British Museum, the Smithsonian, and to the crystal laboratories of Hewlett-Packard, where sophisticated scientific tests on the skulls – by the way, made from the same quartz crystal used in today's computers! - lead to the eerie conclusion: "These skulls should not even exist!"

These scientific tests have raised many interesting questions: Are the skulls really information storage devices that allow us to tap deep into the past and/or look into the future? What other powers do these skulls possess? Are they artifacts from the lost civilization of Atlantis or are they extraterrestrial in origin?

So, had this discussion taken place in the 50s, then there would have been exactly ONE archaeologist who would have immediately jumped at the opportunity to investigate this mystery - Indiana Jones!

Cheers, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Last edited:

sarah navarro

Speaking of the Nazca ,the Nazca Warriors are some of the action figures coming out for KOTCS ,arent they?In wave 3 i think i may be wrong.

Dr. Gonzo

sarah navarro said:
Speaking of the Nazca ,the Nazca Warriors are some of the action figures coming out for KOTCS ,arent they?In wave 3 i think i may be wrong.
Where did you hear this?

Dr. Gonzo

Wow. Everytime I come on here I am surprised by the info I find out about! Very soon I may have to stop coming here. Things have been starting to click in my head. "Cemetary warrior"!? After seeing dead conquistadors in the lego playset and some other things about a cemetary set... I may have ruined the movie for myself.:dead:

Matt Holcomb

Legendary Times said:
Thank you ChromiumBlue37 and Metalinvader, your comments are greatly appreciated.

Yes, once again, the Indy storyline revolves around a real-life mystery. In this movie, it's the crystal skulls. I urge everyone to read some of the well-researched books on the crystal skulls which follow their journey from the ancient temples of the Maya to the British Museum, the Smithsonian, and to the crystal laboratories of Hewlett-Packard, where sophisticated scientific tests on the skulls – by the way, made from the same quartz crystal used in today's computers! - lead to the eerie conclusion: "These skulls should not even exist!"

These scientific tests have raised many interesting questions: Are the skulls really information storage devices that allow us to tap deep into the past and/or look into the future? What other powers do these skulls possess? Are they artifacts from the lost civilization of Atlantis or are they extraterrestrial in origin?

So, had this discussion taken place in the 50s, then there would have been exactly ONE archaeologist who would have immediately jumped at the opportunity to investigate this mystery - Indiana Jones!

Cheers, Giorgio Tsoukalos

Hi Giorgio -- thought your name was familiar! I saw you recently in the documentary, "Is there a Stargate?"

I'm curious; based on the research you have undertaken over the years on crystal skulls, do you think it's possible that "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will ultimately be about the quest for eternal youth?

I ask this question because the "Indiana Jones: Temple of the Crystal Skull" ride at Tokyo Disneyland takes place primarily inside an Incan temple that houses the Fountain of Youth, which is guarded by a crystal skull.

I firmly believe that the Fountain of Youth is the MacGuffin in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Why? Because I think it would be senseless on Lucasfilm's part to pretend that the ride never existed.

I believe that the premise of the highly anticipated new film will be a more fleshed out version of the story cooked up for the "Temple of the Crystal Skull" ride. Furthermore, I believe said ride was designed to either trial the idea or give it a home in case the fourth film would never see the light of day.

In your research, can you please tell me if you ever came across the following scenario, or something close to it:

The Fountain of Youth, or a variation on the theme, is a conditional gift originally given to an Inca by extraterrestrial visitors, which is guarded by all that remains of either:

1) A member of the alien race, who decided -- or was forced -- to stay behind and ensure that only the receiver of the gift could benefit from it

2) The Inca who received the gift, whose morphacrystallic skull mysteriously guards the fountain inside the primary temple of the Inca's kingdom

Dr. Gonzo

Matt Holcomb said:
do you think it's possible that "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will ultimately be about the quest for eternal youth?

I ask this question because the "Indiana Jones: Temple of the Crystal Skull" ride at Tokyo Disneyland takes place primarily inside an Incan temple that houses the Fountain of Youth, which is guarded by a crystal skull.

I firmly believe that the Fountain of Youth is the MacGuffin in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". Why? Because I think it would be senseless on Lucasfilm's part to pretend that the ride never existed.

I believe that the premise of the highly anticipated new film will be a more fleshed out version of the story cooked up for the "Temple of the Crystal Skull" ride. Furthermore, I believe said ride was designed to either trial the idea or give it a home in case the fourth film would never see the light of day.

In your research, can you please tell me if you ever came across the following scenario, or something close to it:

The Fountain of Youth, or a variation on the theme, is a conditional gift originally given to an Inca by extraterrestrial visitors, which is guarded by all that remains of either:

1) A member of the alien race, who decided -- or was forced -- to stay behind and ensure that only the receiver of the gift could benefit from it

2) The Inca who received the gift, whose morphacrystallic skull mysteriously guards the fountain inside the primary temple of the Inca's kingdom

Well, while you are waiting to hear from that LegendaryTimes chap, I thought I would throw my fedora into the ring here. From what I know and have read about the Tokyo version of this ride, the only reason it varries from the other ones around the world is that the "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" version was modled on Asian/Indian/Far east culture and that would not be considered exotic to people in Tokyo because that kinda stuff is right on there doorstep. So using their imagination but using the same blueprint for the ride "Temple of the Forbidden Eye" and the "Eyes of Mara" or whatever its called, they came up with South America and the Crystal Skull, (which George has had on his brain for a while now.)
Having said that I seriously doubt that the Fountain of Youth is the MacGuffin for Indy 4. I say this for a few reasons. 1.) It is too close and similar to the Holy Grail. The fountain of Youth in essence was already done with the Holy Grail which gives everlasting life to those who drink from it.
2.) Just because it is mentioned in a Disneyland ride doesnt make it concrete as "cannon" or whatever people call it. The fountain of youth also appears in the "Temple of the Forbidden Eye". Star Tours at Disneyland apparently takes tourist to the Death Star over Endor, with flights being displayed (as you walk through the line) that tell you you can go to Hoth, Coruscant and other places in the Star Wars universe. I didnt see the Star Tours ship flying through any of the films. ... and even If they did put it in it would probably be like an inside joke or something like C-3PO and R2-D2 in hieroglyphic form in the "Well of the Souls".
Lucasfilm doesn't pretend that the ride doesnt exist, they just take it for what it is... a ride that gives you a thrilling Indiana Jones experience. They dont have a Raiders of the lost ark ride, they dont have a temple of doom ride... (well they have temple of doom-esque rides, Temple of the Forbidden Eye, and that other one thats a roller coaster that is like the mine car chase) and they dont have a last crusade ride.

I could be wrong but I dont think the "Fountain of Youth" is the MacGuffin of "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".

Legendary Times

Matt Holcomb said:
Hi Giorgio -- thought your name was familiar! I saw you recently in the documentary, "Is there a Stargate?"

Dear Matt - - thank you for the "Is there a Stargate?" mention and your very interesting questions which I'll attempt to answer to the best of my abilities.

I do not think that "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" will be about the quest for eternal youth. I'd have to agree with Dr. Gonzo that the basic premise for a fountain of youth has already been covered in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" with the Holy Grail.

I think that the MacGuffin is, well, the Crystal Skull...

Legend has it that worldwide, there are 13 life-size crystal skulls that are said to exist. Personally, I have seen, measured and examined 8 skulls. Depending which school of thought you subscribe to, they allegedly contain crucial information about mankind's 1) true origins, 2) purpose, and 3) destiny.

I think those 3 things right there are quite compelling items for one (or more?) crystal skull(s) to be the MacGuffin(s) of this movie, especially if you consider the ramifications if just one of the three "secrets" would ever be revealed to mankind...

As for your questions, yes, in my research I have indeed come across references that could be considered to be some sort fountain of youth. For example, there is one very interesting reference of some sort of fountain of youth in the myths coming out of Cambodia:

Myths and legends allow a glimpse into the history of the once-mighty Khmer kingdom, and they also provide impressive references that point toward the identity of what seems to have been a technological past in Southeast Asia. A folklore research group called “Traditions and Customs of the Khmer” at the Buddhist Institute of Phnom Penh set out to record ancient folk tales in different provinces. These written records were inventoried and prepared for publication. It was not until independence was gained in the 1950s that these stories and literature of the Khmer were published. Up until the 20th century, these myths had only been passed down orally or written by hand in manuscript form. By questioning villagers and studying many ancient inscriptions manuscripts, the study group managed to compile story fragments and reconstructed them into a cohesive whole.

One of the many important narratives is the one about the god Indra, and Vong, Tea and Preah Ketomealea. Indra - The Glowing One: “The girl Queen Vong will give birth to a child of divine origin, so that the Khmer dynasty can continue.” One day, Vong leaves the palace, and the god Indra immediately descends from the sky and hovers above her. The “earth people” are unable to actually see him in person; all they can see is a “bright blue light, ripping apart the sky.” Witnesses cry out in fear: “The light is falling down! The light is falling down!” Indra showers the Queen with flowers, and then disappears again. Perhaps not surprisingly, this is the day on which Queen Vong became pregnant, and when she gave birth to a male heir, she called him Preah Ketomealea, which means “the light which showers flowers.”

By the way, the term “earth people” is not my personal contrivance or extrapolation. It is taken directly from the ancient sources. The chroniclers were extremely adamant in their etymological consistency, especially distinguishing between earthlings, gods, and even "human/alien" hybrids.

Before we proceed, there are two further observations about Ketomealea: the royal records depict him as a legendary king who ascended to the throne in 78AD and allegedly ruled for more than 400 years! How was Ketomealea able to rule for more than 400 years? Did he perhaps have access to a fountain of youth? Possibly! Read on...

Even though it was allegedly only "flowers" which fell upon Queen Vong and she became pregnant by them, god Indra acknowledges his fatherhood in a dialogue with King Tea: “This is my son. He has come from the Heavens to found a new dynasty here on Earth.” With Preah Ketomealea, Indra then lifts off in a flying chariot (or vimana) and returns to his celestial kingdom. “Since (in the land of Campuchea) there is not yet a strong and capable human being, we have decided to help you […] there (in the palace) you may bathe in a basin that is filled with magical powers which will ensure that you will have a very long life.” Ketomealea, after experiencing a "seven-day" therapy in the “miraculous bath" was now apparently equipped with an extended “shelf life.”

Exactly how this “cellular activation shower” functioned is beyond anyone’s knowledge. Naturally, not even a modern geneticist or molecular biologist, knows how such a “basin with magical powers” could have worked - yet. This ancient mystery may soon be explained by modern science. The research field of aging is currently making huge leaps forward. Soon, in the not-too-distant future, with an almost certain degree of probability, science will be capable of similarly slowing down the human aging process.

By the way, the term “the glowing ones” refers to an exhaustive list of worldwide legends upon legends of such "glowing ones": Quatzalcoatl, Kukulkan, Viracocha, Votan, Maoui, the Elohim, and in this case, Indra. No matter which source is quoted or which witnesses are reporting, “the glowing ones” are always remembered as and associated with the ones who brought law and order and taught humans the foundations of civilization. In Peru, it oral traditions report that they taught medicine, metallurgy, writing and agriculture. In Bolivia, it is reported that they constructed giant temples with gigantic blocks of stone and taught the inhabitants technology, architecture and astronomy.

An ancient Hebrew text describes a child, also a hybrid being, that is a direct descendant of “the celestial beings” and the local inhabitants. The story is told by Lamech, who is believed to have been the father of Noah. We read that Lamech was afraid of his strange son, who filled a pitch black room with radiant light...

In The Book of Enoch, we can read that Lamech suddenly realized that the child had originated "from the loins" - as he expressed it - of one of the “sons of the nobles of Eden,” not from his own. He even says to his wife, “Noah is not like you or me, his eyes shine like sunbeams, and his face radiates. It seems to me that he is not of my descent, but of the angels.”

Throughout recorded history, scientists have had some stunning possibilities staring them in the face: extraterrestrials might have visited mankind in the remote past. It seems that people simply do not want to see it because we've been told that we're the pinnacle of creation (which we're not...).

...and I think Indy would be at the forefront of exactly this type of research!

Credit / Source Notice: The majority of the items presented here are taken with permission by the author Rudolf Eckhart from his article "The Legendary Temples of Angkor - ...and they flew with ships in the sky" (LT, Vol. 8, No. 2 & 3 & 4)

Giorgio Tsoukalos

Last edited:

metalinvader

Excellent post once again,Legendary times!It's amazing that you actually got to hold some of the crystal skulls.Did you feel anything while holding them?I do have a question in regards to the skulls...

Now I truely believe that the crystal skulls are Alien in origin and do contain all three schools of thought about what the skulls contain.My question to you is this...

In all the pictures and documentaries I've seen regarding Crystal skulls they all look radically different.The Mitchell-Hedges skull is perfect in every way.From it's precise dimensions to it's hindge jaw bone.While other skulls I have seen do not compare to the beauty that is the Hedges skull.They almost look man made and really do not stack up to the Hedges skull.My question is,If an advanced race,Be it Alien or Atlantian,Did in fact make the skulls,Why do the others that have been found look so different to the Mitchell-Hedges skull.You'd think that an advanced race would have them looking as exquisite as the Hedges skull.

Yeah,It probably is an unanswerable question,I guess only the makers of the skulls could only answer it,right?:p :D