Medicom 12 inch KOTCS Indy

Billy Ray

First images of the final product! Didn't get this one myself, but he looks a lot better here than in the proto pics. His hair needs to be grey though. Looks like pretty much the same gear, body, etc...just a new head and hat. The crystal skull looks pretty groovy too:

INDIANA-JONES-1.jpg

INDIANA-JONES-2.jpg

INDIANA-JONES-3.jpg

sebillba

Nice.... I won't get this one, as I have the ROTLA one (under the Christmas tree!), but I like how they've managed to do a removable hat this time... though maybe his forehead looks a bit big. He's also got open hands this time and a working zip on the jacket.

deckard24

Based on the hair alone he looks more like Indy from LC. In KOTCS Ford's hair was practically all greyish-white. Not a bad likeness though, but I agree the body is way too slim!

Billy Ray

sebillba said:
Nice.... I won't get this one, as I have the ROTLA one (under the Christmas tree!), but I like how they've managed to do a removable hat this time... though maybe his forehead looks a bit big. He's also got open hands this time and a working zip on the jacket.

This is a Medicom figure, I think you are comparing to the Sideshow Indy (that is under your tree). Medicom also did a younger Indy as well that looks exactly like this only with a different head sculpt. It too has a removable hat.

sebillba

Billy Ray said:
This is a Medicom figure, I think you are comparing to the Sideshow Indy (that is under your tree). Medicom also did a younger Indy as well that looks exactly like this only with a different head sculpt. It too has a removable hat.

D'oh! Yeah, of course, I've just been too obsessed with SS Indy lately.:eek: Funny, I nearly commented that the wrist joints looked more like Medicom than SS.

UIMJ

I've gotta quit looking at the threads with the 12" stuff. It's making it hard for me not to get into it... besides, I've still got to find my Hot Toys 12" Iron Man....

ugh! :gun:

tnswman

Medicom KOTCS Indy

I have not seen anyone showcase this figure yet, so, I figured I would drag it out of the collection and show some pics. I really like this figure better than the ROTLA version.

102_1186.jpg

102_1187.jpg

102_1188.jpg

With the Medicom ROTLA Indy:
102_1176.jpg

102_1175.jpg

102_1178.jpg

102_1177.jpg

With the HOLY GRAIL of Indy Figures ( Toys McCoy):
102_1179.jpg

With Sideshow Indy:
102_1180.jpg

102_1183.jpg

All together now:
102_1184.jpg

102_1185.jpg

With Hasbro's Best Indy:
102_1189.jpg

102_1190.jpg

102_1191.jpg

102_1195.jpg

I am very pleased with this figure..If you change the Crystal skull that's included for the gentle Giant version from the SDCC crates ( which has the crystals inside ) You have a WONDERFUL impression of Indy from KOTCS.

Last edited:

Lambonius

The headsculpt is really good, but the paint job is utterly terrible. With a good repaint, this would look EXACTLY like an older Harrison Ford. Shame about the scrawny body though--another detractor from the overall effect. 65-year old Harrison is simply not that thin.

tnswman

Lambonius said:
The headsculpt is really good, but the paint job is utterly terrible. With a good repaint, this would look EXACTLY like an older Harrison Ford. Shame about the scrawny body though--another detractor from the overall effect. 65-year old Harrison is simply not that thin.

Well, In my world it is a SIN to re-paint a figure that is not a custom LOL!

and I think most people didn't expect a65 year old body.

the medicom paints are 100000000 times better than the craptacular sideshow figures though :( I would much rather have this non-gloss paint application even though it isn't perfect.

Since I HATE custom 12" figures, I am PERFECTLY happy with this figure but I see what you mean..It's a standard problem though...however, NOWHERE near as bad as the sideshow paint problems.

actually, the only real problem is the different tones between the seperate body parts.

James

My only criticism would be that the hair isn't gray enough- although maybe it's just the lighting. Is it really that dark in person?

Lambonius

tnswman said:
Well, In my world it is a SIN to re-paint a figure that is not a custom LOL!

and I think most people didn't expect a65 year old body.

the medicom paints are 100000000 times better than the craptacular sideshow figures though :( I would much rather have this non-gloss paint application even though it isn't perfect.

Since I HATE custom 12" figures, I am PERFECTLY happy with this figure but I see what you mean..It's a standard problem though...however, NOWHERE near as bad as the sideshow paint problems.

actually, the only real problem is the different tones between the seperate body parts.

Well yeah, I mean, it's not TERRIBLE really, it just kills the likeness a bit for me. I think the headsculpt itself looks fantastic--you can really see all the little details of older Harrison's features--the sagging cheeks, sunken eyes, etc, that really make him look rugged and aged. The way the eyes, eyebrows, and hair in particular are painted just takes away some of the impact of the great sculpt. It does look MUCH better in hand than the preliminary pictures led us to believe though.

mfisher

the medicom paints are 100000000 times better than the craptacular sideshow figures though

especially with that one eye looking up and the other looking straight ahead :rolleyes:

Anyhoo... a guy over the sideshow forum just showed off pics of his repainted Medicom KOTCS Indy... what I once though of as a really lousy sculpt actually looks fantastic.. check this repaint out :

DrJones11.jpg

BTW.. is that hasbro figure Indy in German disguise.. or Treat Williams in a German uniform ?

Lambonius

SEE?!!!! Now THAT'S what I was talking about. :D

His before and after shot highlights the stunning difference.

BA-1.jpg

Last edited: