Many blockbuster action films have been set at christmas time:

First Blood
Die Hard 1 & 2
Lethal Weapon
Running Scared
Long Kiss Goodnight
The Last Boyscout
Enemy of the State

I'm sure there's plenty more but well, you get the idea. Indy may have always been a summer film franchise, but let this one sit for a minute. The last few years, during December cable networks have been running Indy 1-4 back to back anyway. Purists will hate this idea, but it has some potential. There have been rumblings here at The Raven over the years about a desire to see a snow-bound Indy, anyway. A snow-coated Indy 5 for a November/December release, set around the the holidays? I could see it.

AeroSledChase_1a.jpg

Not specifically concerning Christmas at all, you understand. Just a mention of it, with some seasonal set dressing, Indy-style. Imagine Indy 5 becoming a television Christmas tradition (like Die Hard has for many) for fans and non-fans alike!

Sure, it's Christmas today, but no, I have not been chugging too much eggnog (yuck).

Last edited:

Kernunnos

My thought was along the lines of "NO!"

However, I thought about it for a minute, and I actually think it could be quite a good idea. You could have Indy in Antarctica, searching for the lost civilisation of Lemuria, say.

I was watching The Frozen Planet (a BBC documentary) recently, and the place is full of caves, danger, and infinite possibilities for a creative writer.

Dr. Gonzo

Well if you think about it, it would only register as Christmas time if Indy were in England or North America or some urban christian area. If Indy was out in a more exotic country, jungles or China or the African savannah it would just seem like some time in winter. Just depends on his locale.

loganbush

I love it. Just mention it briefly. Don't have to even use xmas music, but he could be off from his job for the xmas break. Maybe he's reluctant to go off on an adventure because he wants to be with his family during the holiday.