I'M GETTING TO SEE RAIDERS ON THE BIG SCREEN!!!

Canyon

Yes! :D It's finally going to happen. Yesterday I received my ticket to see Raiders of the Lost Ark at Stourbridge film festival and I can't wait!

And now I have a question for you all. How many of you have actually been lucky enough to see this great film on the big screen? (I know this has probably asked before in a thread). Please forgive me as I would really like to know what it was like to see this wonderful movie on the silver screen (and there may be some new members of the board who have also been lucky enough to see it).

r17.jpg

Yolegoman

Lucky Dog...

Btw: I'm gonna go get run over by a truck like Indy so my Gf will drool over me...

LOL!

Kinda annoys me, all this droolin stuff. ;)

Canyon

Yolegoman said:
Lucky Dog...

Btw: I'm gonna go get run over by a truck like Indy so my Gf will drool over me...

LOL!

Kinda annoys me, all this droolin stuff. ;)

Well, firstly, I don't appreciate being referred to as a canine (although Indy was named after one) :eek: :D and secondly, who's drooling? I never mentioned drooling (although I'm sure I will soon after seeing my favouite film on the big screen!) oh and also, Indy did not 'get run over by a truck' but he was very close. ;)

Getting shot in the arm might get you some sympathy, though! :)

Yolegoman

Well, firstly, I don't appreciate being referred to as a canine (although Indy was named after one) and secondly, who's drooling? I never mentioned drooling (although I'm sure I will soon after seeing my favouite film on the big screen!) oh and also, Indy did not 'get run over by a truck' but he was very close.

*Cough* Look at your*Hrmm* sig *Cough*

;)

Jes some razzin. :)

I sure wish I could see Raiders on the big screen...

And I always refer to my friends as lucky dogs so donna feel bad.

It's a compliment. I like dogs.

Yolegoman

Canyon

Okkaayyy, I'll take that as a compliment then. :D (It's a good job my favourite dog is the Alaskan Malamute!)

And as for my signature, :) well I wanted it to be short and to the point. The first part of that line is, I guess, how Indy fans in general feel, and the end part is how us girls feel.

(Can't help being a red blooded female!) :D:);)

pagefire

Hi Canyon, I saw it when it was first released. Yes, I'm quite old! Anyway, when I walked out of the theater, one phrase was stuck in my mind.."Best movie ever put on film".
That estimation still holds true today. :)

Finn

Staff member
I've seen the whole trilogy on big screen. It's cool, but I've never seen too big difference seeing it on other formats ('cept a crappy quality DivX, that is).

spidey_99

I remeber seeing Raiders on the big screen back in 81. Me and my brother did not want to go at all...we were just 10 and 12 and we were putting on some stupid kid radio show with our cassette recorder...we were annoyed we had to stop! My dad- for some reason- piled us and my mom in the car and took us down to the one screen theater...it was sold out so we hung out in the car for about an hour or so, waiting for the next show, talking, hanging out. I had heard a bit of Indy (seen a great siskel and ebert review, seen a movie magazine at the mall) but really had no interest or knowledge of what it was....but man, I was glad we went!

I never heard so many laughs and never had so much fun at a movie. I still remember the laughter from Indy shooting the swordsman carrying over into the next scene for at least 1 minute! Best movie I ever saw and it totally put me on a path for what I wanted to do with my life!

Used to rent it EVERY Friday when it hit VHS...side note, I grew up in Alabama and Courtney Cox (from Friends) worked in my local video store and rented it to me every week!

Ahh, those were the days!

Genevieve

I am quite jealous! I saw the ads for the and would have killed to go! But I dont think that the end results would have justfied the really expensive plane fare... Although, I will admit that I contemplated it...

Kumba

I saw it once on the big screen. The film reel must've been really corroded cuz the picture wasn't that great. Also, towards the end when they're caring the ark in the canyon, there was this annoying buzz that you could hear. I have no idea what it was, but i told my friend who had never seen it before that it was the ark making that noise, lol!

Canyon

pagefire said:
Hi Canyon, I saw it when it was first released. Yes, I'm quite old! Anyway, when I walked out of the theater, one phrase was stuck in my mind.."Best movie ever put on film".
That estimation still holds true today. :)

Oh wow! I remember reading your first post when you said that you had seen Raiders when it first came out. I wish I could have been there, especially when Indy shoots the arab swordsman! Oh, and you're certainly not old! :D

Atariboy

I saw it first run many moons ago ;)

I'd love to see it on the big screen again as I'm sure I'd appreciate it alot more, and I think there was a local theater (Ann Arbor, MI) playing it recently... but chances are I missed out!

EvilDevo

raiders is playing here from may 2 - may 9 (coronet theatre for those of you who have them) and i went to see it last night! it was amazing! one of my indy dreams has come true! now, 1 down... 2 to go. (well, possibly three to go)

Canyon

The most sureal film showing I have ever seen...

Well, saw Raiders last night at a movie drive in at Stourbridge and it was weird to say the least...

I saw Raiders recently on the big screen a couple of weeks ago at Milton Keynes and was very much looking forward to seeing it again.

Basically, the screen wasn't as big as I thought it would be and consisted of a white sheet! The organisers were waiting for it to get dark so they could start the movie and it started up when it wasn't quite dark enough (not a good idea as the beginning of Raiders is quite dark). Occasionally, there would be a slight breeze and the screen would ripple, which gave a bizarre effect (giving the effect of what I would imagine being on hallucinogenic drugs - very weird!) Halfway through, it started to rain and then a duck walked past (well, we were near a lake!) When the film ended, everyone honked their horns, and flashed their lights!

As we drove away, we could hear the end credits being blared out of the speakers.

An unusual evening, but enjoyable nonetheless! :D

(If you ever get the chance to see Raiders on the big screen do it. You won't regret it! :D