The novel reprints are out

Arab Swordsman

I was at Wal Mart tonight and they had the two Martin Caiden books and two of the Max McCoy reprint books tonight. I don't know about the McGregor books but they Dinosaur Eggs and Secret of the Sphinx.

Hawkeye

Yeah, I was at Waldenbooks, and they had a display at the front of the store with the 2 Caidin novels and the Max McCoy books, with the exception of "The Philosopher's Stone". I bought all five. I just need to find the MacGregor novels.

Hawkeye said:
with the exception of "The Philosopher's Stone".

Gah! That's the only one I want. My old childhood copy is all tattered and torn. :( The cover is barely holding on with a few pieces of tape.

metalinvader

My Borders had a nice Sky Pirates display for the books.I already have them so there is no need for me to purchase them again but I do need to get that display.;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I knew this would happen. In any case, I've got them all already and can spend more cash on other things.. like those Topps cards! (y)

Little Indy

metalinvader said:
My Borders had a nice Sky Pirates display for the books.I already have them so there is no need for me to purchase them again but I do need to get that display.;)

I don't know what the display is but if it has Indy on it then I want it too. As for the books I thought the same thing. I already have them why do I need to get them again? The only difference is the covers. The new novels have the Indiana Jones logo embossed on the cover so it is raised from the surface so that is kinda cool.

Crack that whip

Little Indy said:
I don't know what the display is but if it has Indy on it then I want it too. As for the books I thought the same thing. I already have them why do I need to get them again? The only difference is the covers. The new novels have the Indiana Jones logo embossed on the cover so it is raised from the surface so that is kinda cool.

The first printings of several of the books had embossed covers as well. I've got vintage printings of all twelve of the MacGregor / Caidin / McCoy books, and most or all of the MacGregor ones had embossed covers when they first came out, though they dropped embossing for the later printings.

Slight tangent: I know that back in the day, Kilian Enterprises, which produced a number of commemorative "one-sheet"-style posters for Star Wars and Indy anniversaries, and also offered a poster of the cover art of the first new Star Wars novel that came out around that time (Heir to the Empire), had considered or announced they'd offer big posters of the cover art from these Indy novels (or at least the first one, Indiana Jones and the Peril at Delphi), but I *think* they wound up never doing them. Does anyone here know if I'm wrong, and they actually did offer nice posters of the Indy novel cover art?

IndySeven

I was at my local Albertson's (a supermarket chain down here in Florida) and saw nearly every Max McCoy novel there! I couldn't believe it!:)

DocWhiskey

I went to my local borders and their computer said they have them all in stock for like $7 or $8, but I couldn't find them and neither could the person that worked there.

So I walked into Walmart that night just to pick up some things and just happened to wander down the book section and they had ALL of them for $4. I went home happy that night.:whip:

Lord_glavin

I saw these books waaaaaay down here in NZ, which usually takes ages to get anything
not sure if they're worth picking up though

poor student is poor

tupogirl

I have a handful from years past. I have one I paid 50 cents for at a library sale:). Borders is a bit irritating, I'm finding. Each store seems to have it's own map and who knows what is where. One store had a big display on a wall, the other had them all displayed in the horror/thriller section.

scottbravesfan

Are all the books coming back into print? I actually bought a few of these used just a few weeks ago because most were out of print. I wish I would have known that they were about to be back into print. I would love to get a new copy of Peril at Delphi, Seven Veils, and the Unicorn's legacy.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Lord_glavin said:
I saw these books waaaaaay down here in NZ, which usually takes ages to get anything
not sure if they're worth picking up though

poor student is poor

The Rob McGregor ones are definitely worth it. McCoy's are pretty good too. Just stay away from Caiden. I tend to ignore the existence of his ones, even though I own them as well.

LaoCheRules!

I was totally surprised when I saw Dinosaur Eggs, Secret of the Sphinx and the 2 Caiden novels at Barnes & Noble tonight. I have all of the books already with the exception of the McCoy ones (except Hollow Earth) so now I just gotta find Philosopher's Stone.

What's funny is that a friend asked me today if there were any Indiana Jones books. I told him yes, but that they were hard to find. And that he could could get some from the library. Now I can tell him they are available at the bookstore.

eroc

Hey Y'all. I bought Hollow Earth tonight. Is it a good book? I know nothing about it or the author. Thanks!