Dog The Bounty Hunter

This airs here in the UK. I don't know how long the series has been rolling out in the US. But is this the equivalent of a B movie - but for TV networks?

I'm sure you know the premise behind the formula, Dog and his entourage hunt down fugitives who have welched out on their bond agreements - or court appearances - whilst out on bail.

His methods seem to know no bounds. Even prepared, on one occasion to pepper spray a guard dog, which was guarding a suspects property he could not get access to. And had reason to believe the suspect was inside the property, and in aggravating the dog would cause the owner/suspect to open the door.

He was asked to stand down by his big bussomed wife. But I have to wonder would he have resorted to sending the dog into a frenzy had the camera crew not been there to record his questionable methods?

On another episode, he was unsuccessful in making the collar, but still insisted on taking the fugitive down inside the reception of a police station, where the fugitive was handing himself in.

What on earth was he thinking? Surely if the fugitive was in the process of handing himself in, Dog's work load, quota and jurisdiction is over. Is it the collar or the glory he so desperately basks in?

I have not yet seen any of the fugitives respond violently in response to being hunted down and 'brought to justice'. But I certainly have seen some under handed deviousness and worrying behaviour towards the fugitives exacted upon them and their families by Dog and his bounty hunting cohorts.

What is even more incredible, is that most of the folk he tends to chase up are relatively small fry. It's not like they're FBI's most wanted. I guess soft targets make a lighter work load. In the land of the not-so-free is the pay check really all?

Anyone care to chip in? Or do we switch over when dog makes an appearance, as that waxed chest always seems to take centre stage of any apprehension. For reasons that I cannot fathom.

Just asking?

Montana Smith

I prefer cats.

Cool cats.

FettbobaJB.png

The Drifter

I used to watch the show quite a bit and even read his biography. I have nothing against him as he does seem to try and do a lot of good for his community and countless times he's helped those he captured.
I do know he used to be bad into drugs and gangs in his younger years, but grew away from that and claims he wants to give back.
I haven't watched the show in years though.

A death mark's not an easy thing to live with. You're a good fighter, Solo. I hate to lose you.

At least that's what I recall re; a conversation between Reeikan and a certain space pirate.

Anyhow. Like I said, this series is aired to freeview networks (freeview I'm guessing for a reason) here in the UK. I'm sure it's milked it's rounds in the states once or thrice.

But is this guy really representative of American law enforcement? I'm sure there's an awful lot they're not telling or showing us. Not Bradley Manning shocking, but close to the bone perhaps. And certainly not for the pre watershed audience. We can always cut it in the edit.

It seems to me that there is no way a film crew would place themselves in such potential risk or the gravest danger, quite literally, chasing up serious offenders, gun runners, major drug cartel operators and the like.

Which is probably why dog cleans the streets up of such low level category Z offenders. Insurance companies sure wouldn't want to muddy their hands with a high risk liability.

Drifter, you say you read his biography? Was the front jacket of the book unbuttoned to the belt to keep in theme with Dogs poor misguided fashion sense?

And wouldn't you think that due to the high prosecution volume rates he and his family have enforced upon others, that he must live in fear of retribution?

More importantly would Dog have brought, say, the Richard Kimble file to it's summary conclusion if the cameras weren't rolling. Or followed enforcement protocol to the very letter of the law?

Last edited:

Spectre

I enjoyed the show--it was cancelled a yer ago, amid in-family feuding.
The new series is called Dog and Beth:On The Hunt. Basically the same thing.
It's okay.....
As with most "reality" TV--some of it is staged.
Still a decent show, though.
I like what Dog does for the community. I like what he stands for, and how he tries to help with kids.

Just for fun, and to see his true background---look him up on Wikipedia. Good stuff there....especially the famed Mexico fiasco.

I believe a lot of it is fake too. Like Beths air bag assets.

But would be keen to see how he would take, say, Steven Segal before the judge - if the situation were to ever arise. Or crossed into his state line and got him real pissed.

I think Dog has aspirations to be Mickey Rourkes 'The Wrestler' character. But fails on the ropes.

As for those these supposed fugitives he hunts down, don't they - and such associates - have silent alarms and CCTV covering their property to give them a heads up like half a county back?, or even just a gate and some barbed wire? Surely not all the thugs they chase around are penniless bearded toothless hags.

For those that don't have the funds to pay off their debtors. And I expect that's most of his prey - it's probably due to them not having a single dime to pay for so much as A Red Cross tent.

So for those in favour say aye and give the Dog a bone.

And, in the mean time, if we are to be even handed let's also give him a slow clap - for bringing those financially embarrassed underclass crooks to justice. We're behind you.

Like way,way..............way behind you.

And I ain't talking evolution!