Hey, I'm off to Disbeyland!

Yolegoman

... tomorrow. I'm here vacationing in California, and my Aunt is taking us to Disneyland tomorrow! Yahoo! I'm going on the Indiana Jones ride! Woohoo!

Anyway, according to a news post on TR.N awhile back, they have Indiana Jones action figures near the ride. Has anybody got them, so they could tell me approximately how much they cost? I wanted to know how much money to bring. 8)

If anybody has been there and could tell me, it would be great. And if I get them, I'll tell you all how cool they are! :)

Actually, I was thinking of getting serveral sets and selling the extra's on Ebay. Might get some dough. That would be fun...

If you can tell me any information, I'd appreciate it. Thank You!

Yolegoman

Yolegoman

Oh crap, I was so excited my above post was filled with typos. Just ignore them. :)

Aside... I'm on a really crappy computer at my Grandma's with a sucky keyboard...

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I have the Indy figure, and I believe that he was $25...after tax...or something close to that.
They have all sorts of Indy stuff there.
However, the "Adventure Outpost" opens late and closes early, so you might want to ask around to find out if it is open before you head over to Adventureland.
(trust me on this, I go to Disneyland about 2-4 times a year...and I live in Colorado!):eek:

EvilDevo

youre gonna wanna bring a small fortune to the adventure outpost, as it is the best store in the world. the one time i was there, i left with so much less than i wanted to take home (basically everything there) :( so yeah, looks like its off to disneyland for me! :)

Patrick

Aw man... Daw I wish I could go to disneyland... Yeah. They have a ride there? Oh yeah the "Forbidden Eye" What is that supposed to be though? Some kind of roller coaster? I'm from Canada and almost everyone had gone to Disneyland :(. Oh well, HAVE FUN! I heard about the new toys at the Indy Experience. Too bad they can't bring them to international stores. Anyways have a great time and you will find out the price there so just hang in there!:)

Magda

In all honesty, I found Disneyland more entertaining when I was four. :eek: Nonetheless, I guess the park is something you have to experience at least once. Have fun! ;)

[Edited by Ameera on 08-04-2003 at 04:49 am]

spohlso

To tell you the truth, I'm 34 years old and I STILL try to get to Disneyland at least once every two to three years. "Forbidden Eye" is one of my absolute favorite rides! I'll probably still be looking for excuses to go to California when I'm 70!

Patrick

Hey! From another thread I found that they cost $8 each! Now I'm pretty sure that's American. That sounds okay... Yeah. Is FE ( I'll call it that) a Roller Coaster?
Does it have anything to do with Indy other than pictures of him?

spohlso

Disneyland isn't exactly rollercoasters like other parks. Their rides are called (by the Disney corporation) 'attractions.' Forbidden Eye is a ride (or attraction) that's supposed to put you in an adventure. The line area is huge and all made up to look like you're in an ancient temple. I have to say, it's done VERY VERY well. It's like being on an Indiana Jones set. Then you get in a jeep for the ride itself. You 'drive' into the heart of the Temple and everything starts to fall apart. Magic forces come to life, you drive across a bridge over lava, through a hall where 'poison' darts shoot past you, through caves, etc. All kinds of Indy type stuff. Every now and then you pass Indy himself. (Well, an animatronic robot made up to look like Indy.) The effects are pretty impressive and the ride itself is fast, bumpy and fun. The coolest thing about it (in my opinion) is the fact that the computers controlling the ride toss little variables into it each time. It's always roughly the same ride, but never EXACTLY the same ride.

Patrick

WOW! Sounds like fun...yeah I'm going to try and pester my parents to take me there :D! Hahaha,yeah. I remember when I was looking for an Indy site and I found like a story, like one of those choose your path ( Don't mind my grammer right now)things; And I was wondering if they had something before your "attraction" That was like to make the ride seem exciting... Like I don't know a person introduces it to you and like there is a story and you have to escape or something? Anyways despite what my parents say I think it could actually be fun. Has anybody been to the Exhibition in Toronto? Is it like that or is it like Wonderland... Like is it mainly interactive attraction, or site-seeing.

Marjolein

Do they sell Indy action figures and other merchandise at the European Disneyland (Paris) as well? I've been there once (about 8 years ago), and I believe there are at least 2 Indiana Jones attractions over there.

Yolegoman

Woo! Got back, gosh that was fun!

The Indy ride whooped all the other ones hollow, and between my brother and I we got a ton of the Indy stuff there, including:

All of the Action figures, as shown on TheRaider.net (Including the not-shown Indy with Jacket)

A ten inch Vinyl Statue of Indy,

A few of the postcards,

2 of the ROTLA Posters for ten bucks each,

2 FE Coffee Mugs,

One Indy Coffee Mug,

and we played the Indiana Jones Pinball Adventures game several times too!

And yes, the Action Figures are 8 bucks U.S. each, and well worth it.

Unfortanetly, I am still at my Grandma's and have no way of posting pics.

You can read the exact same thing I said already all over again here.

Yolegoman, off to send an Email to Gilles about the new Indyfigures

Yolegoman

Hmm, interesting how all the guys on Ebay seem to think that Disney isn't making the guy's anymore... they had plenty of them when I showed up on Monday!

Every single ebay dealer says thta disney is sold out and they are no longer in production... go figure. :)

Yolegoman, who decided not to edit his above post cause he'd probably mess it up