Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 01-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #51
Perhilion
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsome_Drifter
I would rather see a game based realisticly from the movies. Man, that would be my wet dream to play ToD in faithful video game form!
I've been wanting one of those for ages.
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:39 PM   #52
michael
IndyFan

Location: "What was it again? The penitent man will what? Oh No."
So, how are they gonna do it? Just re-release the game with Crystal Skull in it? I sure don't want to buy the game again just for that. Which offers the question is it just going to be Crystal Skull? It would seem silly to offer anything new in the first 3, but if they did, that would be tight, I just don't see that happening though.
michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:04 PM   #53
Raider Indy
IndyFan

I think a cooler Indy game would be to wrap all four films together in a next-gen game based on the ACTUAL Indiana Jones...not a Lego Version.

Bring in Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey, Jon Rhys Davies, Kate Capshaw, Roshan Seth, Allison Doody, Julian Glover, Ray Winstone, Shia Labeouf, Cate Blanchett and the rest of the collective casts in to do the voice work while you're at it, while finding dead-on character actors to do the necessary filler for the actors who've either passed, aged to an unrecognizable point or most likely couldn't be bothered to do it...such as Brody, Short Round, The Maharajah, Mola Ram and Henry Jones Sr.

I mean if they can make a Lego version of video games based on these films...I don't see any real honest reason why they can't do games based on the series using actual human beings and the like...

wishful thinking I suppose...But I'd love and prefer a straight up "The Adventures of Indiana Jones" game to a "The Adventures of LEGO Indiana Jones" game.
Raider Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:17 AM   #54
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Indy
I think a cooler Indy game would be to wrap all four films together in a next-gen game based on the ACTUAL Indiana Jones...not a Lego Version.

Bring in Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey, Jon Rhys Davies, Kate Capshaw, Roshan Seth, Allison Doody, Julian Glover, Ray Winstone, Shia Labeouf, Cate Blanchett and the rest of the collective casts in to do the voice work while you're at it, while finding dead-on character actors to do the necessary filler for the actors who've either passed, aged to an unrecognizable point or most likely couldn't be bothered to do it...such as Brody, Short Round, The Maharajah, Mola Ram and Henry Jones Sr.

I mean if they can make a Lego version of video games based on these films...I don't see any real honest reason why they can't do games based on the series using actual human beings and the like...

wishful thinking I suppose...But I'd love and prefer a straight up "The Adventures of Indiana Jones" game to a "The Adventures of LEGO Indiana Jones" game.

so much more work than lego indy though. you've only mentioned the character voicing. its easier to make a lego game because there is already an established engine, genre, target market etc.
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #55
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

I guess the only thing that worries me is that the game will be either:

1. Strictly KotCS, which could end up being very short. How could they make 18 levels of that?

2. Just LEGO Indy + 6 new levels of KotCS, which would be a bummer

3. Random, created stories for the game perhaps including KotCS. This could be a bummer because I imagine any story made for a LEGO game wouldn't be that exciting.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I don't see how else they'd do it.
The Magic Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #56
Raider Indy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttjones
so much more work than lego indy though. you've only mentioned the character voicing. its easier to make a lego game because there is already an established engine, genre, target market etc.

Oh yeah I know...but still. It'd be awesome!!!
Raider Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #57
Dewy9
IndyFan

If they added in KOTCS (with the first three) and nothing else, I would imagine that it would be cheaper than the average game.
Dewy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:41 PM   #58
Grizzlor
IndyFan

Personally I think its a huge shame that LucasArts signed off on LEGO 3D games of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogy, instead of a regular game depicting the movies. Would be awesome to see what the current technology can do over what was done on the NES, Genesis, or SNES.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #59
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlor
Personally I think its a huge shame that LucasArts signed off on LEGO 3D games of the Star Wars and Indiana Jones trilogy, instead of a regular game depicting the movies. Would be awesome to see what the current technology can do over what was done on the NES, Genesis, or SNES.

But when you're doing basically faithful renderings of what happened in the film visually, it seems like you have to do so in terms of game play as well, which is to say that much of the challenge is gone if you're just replaying everything as it was done in the films.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:36 AM   #60
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
But when you're doing basically faithful renderings of what happened in the film visually, it seems like you have to do so in terms of game play as well, which is to say that much of the challenge is gone if you're just replaying everything as it was done in the films.

Or if you change it and elaborate. Fans end up hating that more often than not.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 AM   #61
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Rat
I guess the only thing that worries me is that the game will be either:

1. Strictly KotCS, which could end up being very short. How could they make 18 levels of that?

2. Just LEGO Indy + 6 new levels of KotCS, which would be a bummer

3. Random, created stories for the game perhaps including KotCS. This could be a bummer because I imagine any story made for a LEGO game wouldn't be that exciting.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic but I don't see how else they'd do it.

i hope they release a "The Complete Adventures of Indiana Jones" which would have the first three movies from the previous game plus six levels of Kotcs and then another 12 levels of a major comic (Fate of Atlantis etc.) or from the Young Indiana Jones tv show.
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:34 PM   #62
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Well I'm glad to know that a second LEGO Indiana Jones game is in the works seeing as I never brought the LEGO Indy game that was released last year due to the fact that I actually knew a second game would be created after seeing what Lucas did with LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga.

However now that I've decided that the PSP just can stand up against the iPod Touch and with the release of the Nintendo DSi in March I'm stuck in the valley of decision.

I'm not at all sure if I'll ever buy a PSP game again. Sony is on the rocks as they are losing in sales to Nintendo's Wii, DSi and Apple's ever rising new success the iPod Touch and iPhone.

I personally don't like the PSP and I've found the iPod Touch amazing. I plan on buying the iPod Touch this year by God's grace and I hope that LucasArts will acknowledge the iPod Touch and release LEGO Indiana Jones 2 on the iPod Touch.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/LEGO-...nty-13565.html

http://www.macworld.com/article/136345/ngmoco.html

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...ny-psp/1276225

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/te...00/7724366.stm
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #63
aJakeinthePlane
IndyFan

the amount of content available does sound a bit thin, but id love to see what they come up w/
aJakeinthePlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM   #64
Vance
IndyFan

You know, every time I hear 'Sony is on the rocks', it's obviously somebody parroting the Microsoft line. Sony lost money last year, due to the shift to Blu-Ray in their hardware department as well as the recession's impact on high-ticket items (most notably, their HDTVs took a huge hit). The PS3 and PSP are still profitable, though they're lagging behind in sales still compared to the X360.

There's a huge library for the PSP, in particular, and many many good games. The PS3 library alone is pretty weak, admittedly, but throw on the PS2 library as well as one of the finest BluRay players and DVD upscalers on the market, and it's a good investment.
Vance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:18 PM   #65
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Well for those who are saying the offerings are a bit "thin" please take a look at the following link:http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/appstore/. Enjoy.

Hopefully now that "THQ" has announced LEGO Indiana Jones The Original Adventures for the iPod Touch and iPhone perhaps that is a sure sign that LEGO Indiana Jones 2 will also be released on the iPod Touch/iPhone.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:44 PM   #66
col.dietrich
IndyFan

if there is another one, how would they get around dovchenkos death to make it funny?
col.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #67
Dewy9
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.dietrich
if there is another one, how would they get around dovchenkos death to make it funny?

Perhaps just have the ants carry him away like he's body surfing.
Dewy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #68
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

That's more then likely Dewy9. I'm sure they'll do something like that.

I'm so happy that there will be a second LEGO Indiana Jones game.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:27 PM   #69
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

The more I think about it I do not want a lego Indy 2 Im sick of all this kid friendly bull crap I want a flesh and blood Indy game with people dying,nazi's you know the works but that might never happen
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:16 PM   #70
The Magic Rat
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
The more I think about it I do not want a lego Indy 2 Im sick of all this kid friendly bull crap I want a flesh and blood Indy game with people dying,nazi's you know the works but that might never happen

We can hope
Old 01-21-2009, 08:41 AM   #71
Irfaan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Rat
We can hope

Yeah, as much as I liked Lego Indy I would never buy another, i already played the crap out of the last one trying to get all 1000G

I just want the staff of kings to come out, but i'm not liking it's current unknown status
Irfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:32 AM   #72
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991

But.. you are a kid. You wouldn't legally be allowed to get the game you want anyway.

(As an aside, I notice that the people who demand the 'adult content' the most, the gore, the sex, and all that, tend to be people who can't legally even buy it in the first place. Funny that.)
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #73
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vance
(As an aside, I notice that the people who demand the 'adult content' the most, the gore, the sex, and all that, tend to be people who can't legally even buy it in the first place. Funny that.)

And it's been that way since the introduction of alcohol and cigarettes.

Duh.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM   #74
Vance
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
And it's been that way since the introduction of alcohol and cigarettes.

Duh.

True, but it kind of proves the point about why the laws on them exist. By demanding this 'mature' content in ways and amounts that actual mature people seldom, if ever, actually do, if proves their actual immaturity instead.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #75
RaideroftheArk
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Indy
Bring in Harrison Ford, Karen Allen, Paul Freeman, Ronald Lacey....

Ronald Lacey = RIP. Sorry I had to point this out.

I hope we're lucky and get a Lego Indiana Jones 2...they probably won't be inventive about it though, they'll probably just repackage the original adventures with "BONUS KOTCS LEVELS ADDED!"

With the toy line being discontinued and the Staff of Kings being surrounded by rocky reports...if feels like Indiana is dead in the water.
RaideroftheArk is offline   Reply With Quote