TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2009, 07:33 AM   #101
Irfaan
IndyFan

Have you guys heard? LEGO Indiana Jones: The Complete Saga (with kingdom of the crystal skull) is coming soon along with LEGO Harry Potter.

http://kotaku.com/5169306/the-next-l...hobbit-as-well

As much as I loved the LEGO Indy trilogy game, I'm going to have to say no thanks to the new one that's coming. That is of course if it's a rehash of the old new movies and crystal skull, which it will most likely be unfortunately.
Irfaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #102
SS Indy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfaan
Have you guys heard? LEGO Indiana Jones: The Complete Saga (with kingdom of the crystal skull) is coming soon along with LEGO Harry Potter.

As much as I loved the LEGO Indy trilogy game, I'm going to have to say no thanks to the new one that's coming. That is of course if it's a rehash of the old new movies and crystal skull, which it will most likely be unfortunately.

Great news, if it is indeed true.
A shame we will have to buy the same game again just for the Crystal Skull, but still, great news!
Not a Harry Potter fan, so won't be getting that.
SS Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:00 AM   #103
Hawkeye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irfaan

I wasn't a big fan of LEGO Indy, so I'll have to say thanks, but no thanks. Now, Harry Potter would be interesting IMO. I'm a big fan, so that might be worth investing in. But definitely on 360 this time. I got LEGO Indy for PSP, and I was sadly disappointed.
Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:21 AM   #104
HovitosKing
IndyFan

Lego Indy held my attention (barely) long enough for one play-through, but I promptly sold it on half.com and swore never to buy another Lego-themed PS3 game again. They're only mildly entertaining and incredibly repetitive.
HovitosKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #105
Rhys135
IndyFan

Well this was defintley going to happen, but they have to include something else, not just a KOTCS chapter, if they want to sell it at full price. My bet is that they'll include an online co-op mode to tempt people once again.

Off-topic - Lego Harry Potter and Lego Lord of the Rings/Hobbit sound excellent. I'm hoping we'll see Lego Toy Story soon aswell, considering they are producing sets and that there will be 3 films in the series next year, so plenty of content
Rhys135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #106
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

Why don't they just make Lego KOTCS downloadable content or an "add on" for 360 and PS3?
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:55 PM   #107
Ska
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWhiskey
Why don't they just make Lego KOTCS downloadable content or an "add on" for 360 and PS3?

Because that would be a great idea!
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #108
Morning Bell
IndyFan

I'm not thrilled about having to buy the game again but in the end I figured this is the way they would do it. Still, I loved the first one so I'll definitely be checking this one out.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #109
Dewy9
IndyFan

Glad to hear this, but we've heard rumorings for some time now.

I don't know anything about Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit, but is that something that kids are going to want toys of? That suprises me a bit.
Dewy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #110
James
IndyFan

Maybe I'm just missing something, but where does this say it will be "Lego Indy: The Complete Saga"? Both links simply refer to it as "Lego Indy: KOTCS".

I don't see why they couldn't complement KOTCS with original missions, such as Roswell 1947 or some of Indy and Mac's adventures. As Lego Batman proved, the gameplay is the real draw- not the story.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #111
Dr.Jonesy
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Maybe I'm just missing something, but where does this say it will be "Lego Indy: The Complete Saga"? Both links simply refer to it as "Lego Indy: KOTCS".

I don't see why they couldn't complement KOTCS with original missions, such as Roswell 1947 or some of Indy and Mac's adventures. As Lego Batman proved, the gameplay is the real draw- not the story.

Yeah, I'm really hoping KOTCS isn't the only thing included. I want to see KOTCS lego-ized really bad, but I don't want to pay $50 for just that.

They need to include the original 3 as well as new missions and new unlockables.
Dr.Jonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #112
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
I don't think we'll be buying into Lego Indy 2, if it's only got a new bunch of levels for KOTCS. Online wouldn't work for me either, coz we don't really do that.
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #113
Indyfan4ever
IndyFan

I'm pretty sure there will be additional stuff added to this game that wasn't in the original. When they re-realeased the Original and Prequel trilogies of LEGO Star Wars in a new game, they had new content and characters. So it wouldn't surprise me if they do the same for this.
Indyfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 11:58 AM   #114
RedeemedChild
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhys135
Well this was defintley going to happen, but they have to include something else, not just a KOTCS chapter, if they want to sell it at full price. My bet is that they'll include an online co-op mode to tempt people once again.

Off-topic - Lego Harry Potter and Lego Lord of the Rings/Hobbit sound excellent. I'm hoping we'll see Lego Toy Story soon as well, considering they are producing sets and that there will be 3 films in the series next year, so plenty of content

Actually it's not a surprise that LEGO would release a LEGO Harry Potter game and as I'm a Christian, I'm not at all excited about Harry Potter while on the other hand I'm very much looking forward to LEGO Indiana Jones 2. Now as far as the proposed LEGO The Hobbit, I had already been turning such an idea over in my head. I'm quite sure that it will be a major success, primarily due to the lighthearted aspects of The Hobbit compared to LOTR's more action, action adventure spirit. The Hobbit fits in perfectly with the happy, go lucky spirit of LEGO.

Now if I could just find some screenshots of this LEGO Racers you guys are talking about........................
RedeemedChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 PM   #115
Short Rounded
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeemedChild
According to the rumors coming from the employees of LucasArts there is a second LEGO Indiana Jones game in the works.

However, does anyone know when this game will be released? Will it be available on the Sony PSP, Apple i-Phone or the Nintendo DS? Will it contain online game play? Will it be released something this year or next year?

Does anyone have any answers to these questions?

We all knew that there would be a second LEGO Indy game but it seems as if Lucas likes to enshroud all his projects in secrecy.
Well, LucasArts made a sequel to Lego Star Wars, and then another sequel to the first sequel, so yes, expect a Lego Indiana Jones: The Adventures Continue. (That would make a good title, don't you think?)
Short Rounded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #116
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Wait whats being a Christian have to do with a Lego Harry Potter? That would be an awesome game
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:52 PM   #117
Hawkeye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Wait whats being a Christian have to do with a Lego Harry Potter? That would be an awesome game

Some Christians believe that the Harry Potter books lead kids to practice witchcraft, which they believe to be in the realm of Satanism.

Now, first off, as a Wiccan I take extreme offense to this notion. Yes, I practice Magick, but that doesn't believe I worship Satan. In fact, I don't believe in Satan, which is a Christian concept.

Second off, the idea that Harry Potter books lead to the practice witchcraft is proposterous. Are they good books? Hell yes. But I have yet to meet a kid who practices witchcraft because they saw it in Harry Potter.

Now, back on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing a Lego LotR in addition to a Lego Hobbit. Might be cool.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #118
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan

Wait a tic why do people think HP is bad but not LOTR? LOTR is way worse than HP..........

I really wish this would be DLC instead of a whole new game I mean rockstar made a whole GTA game as DLC whats Lucas Arts excuse!
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #119
Hawkeye
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurhachi1991
Wait a tic why do people think HP is bad but not LOTR? LOTR is way worse than HP..........

I really wish this would be DLC instead of a whole new game I mean rockstar made a whole GTA game as DLC whats Lucas Arts excuse!

They can make a lot more money by putting out a full-blown game than if they put it into DLC.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #120
Morning Bell
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Now, back on topic, I wouldn't mind seeing a Lego LotR in addition to a Lego Hobbit. Might be cool.

I think this would be great and I'd definitely buy it. As a big LOTR fan I couldn't possibly pass it up. I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of LEGO James Bond game either.
Morning Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #121
AlivePoet
IndyFan

Quote:
Actually it's not a surprise that LEGO would release a LEGO Harry Potter game and as I'm a Christian, I'm not at all excited about Harry Potter while on the other hand I'm very much looking forward to LEGO Indiana Jones 2.

Truly, you ought'nt speak for a whole religion in relation to your own personal preference. While I am not a Christian myself, I have several friends who are, and they have absolutely no problem with HP--in fact, quite the opposite. They're some of the biggest fans I know.
AlivePoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #122
muttjones
IndyFan

Location: Australia (The only place Indy hasn't visited yet!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Bell
I think this would be great and I'd definitely buy it. As a big LOTR fan I couldn't possibly pass it up. I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of LEGO James Bond game either.

every movie...wow that would be a huge game.
muttjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:07 AM   #123
The Tingler
IndyFan

Well, Lego Rock Band's now official and that was rumoured alongside Lego Indy II. Seems quite likely now.
The Tingler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #124
No Ticket
IndyFan

Quote:
Actually it's not a surprise that LEGO would release a LEGO Harry Potter game and as I'm a Christian, I'm not at all excited about Harry Potter while on the other hand I'm very much looking forward to LEGO Indiana Jones 2.

Wow. Just... lol. wow. I can't stand Christians who get all worked up over Harry Potter being "evil" or something like that. It's "FANTASY." There's nothing real about it and nothing bad about it. I am a Christian too so I just feel like those who are so uptight and against it are... ya know what, let me just keep it to myself. I don't think it would be very Christian-like of me to go bashing you for it. But I do think it's ridiculous. I remember reading about a bunch of religious nutjobs who went out and bought tons of Harry Potter books and had a book-burning.

No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #125
DocWhiskey
IndyFan

I think it's funny that a Christian is against the Harry Potter films because they promote evil witchcraft but love RotLA which shows God as a real vengeful force.

But God kills Nazis so it's ok.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan and I'm not very religious. They're just fun little movies. Leave your crucifix at home.
DocWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote