Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 06-19-2003, 07:30 AM   #1
vjbabe26
IndyFan

Question Fate of Atlantis hints and tech help

hope you guys can help me with this...

just got a copy of indiana jones and the fate of atlantis game for pc. i'm at the part where indy is looking at the chest plate of a statue after the maze (the part where you need to assemble the 5 parts gathered at the maze). now here's my problem: after getting on the view to look at the plate assembly, when you click out to see indy...he's disappeared! i really don't know what happened, tried quitting the game then starting it up but still the same thing! i'm too darned far in the game to give up now! is there any fix for this?
vjbabe26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:26 AM   #2
Attila the Professor

That's odd...I've never seen that happen. I can't help though, I'm afraid.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 11:26 PM   #3
omega5ooo
IndyFan

Okay at the beginning there is this "thing" where you have to set sun, moon and volcano on the right position. You need the manual for it. I don't have the manual. Could someone please post the codes or a link to the manual. Thanks.
omega5ooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 03:50 AM   #4
VP
Moderator Emeritus

You'll need a crack. You can download it by clicking here. Unzip it to your FoA folder.
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 03:54 AM   #5
Canyon
IndyFan

Location: Originally from the UK but now living in Pennsylvania, USA!!!
Hi there! There's good news, and there's bad news...

The good news is i've just looked in the manual and it says the following:

"Once you've started the program, a screen will appear displaying three concentric locking stones, arranged on a spindle. You will be asked to align the locking stones to match the illustrations found in the marginsof this manual. To do so, turn to the page indicated on screen and check the referenced illstrations. Click on the edges of each locking stone until its alignment is correct. Once you have alligned all three stones, click on the central spindle."

The bad news is that there are several drawings of these locking stones scattered across the pages of the manual and my scanner isn't working at the moment.

Is anyone else able to help?
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 04:20 AM   #6
omega5ooo
IndyFan

Thanks to you both.. VP the link isn't working... I'll search for the crack on another page with google... I'll tell you if I found it.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:28 AM   #7
omega5ooo
IndyFan

Okay I found the crack (the 2nd file) here: http://www.megagames.com/cracks/html/c32000_0.htm

Thank you again.

@mods and admins
You can look or delete this thread now.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:28 AM   #8
Indy87
IndyFan

thats wierd I bought this game from Lucasarts and installed it and NEVER had to do that
installed it and played
Indy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:30 PM   #9
KyleRipman
IndyFan

I decided to play FOA again today, but it seems the voices refuse to work properly; the characters talk for a second or two then fall silent. I've googled for a solution to this but came up empty.
Any ideas?
KyleRipman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #10
Attila the Professor

I seem to recall a similar problem once. Don't know if I ever solved it though.

If you haven't already, I might suggest heading over to Lucasarts and getting the patch for FoA...I think it had something to do with the sound.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:48 PM   #11
KyleRipman
IndyFan

I also noticed that when I enable voices, and they're done talking, I am unable to control Jones.

Well, I tried the patch and followed the directions, but all I get when launching the game now is a solid black screen.
Old 07-13-2003, 11:52 PM   #12
Attila the Professor

That's odd...I don't know what to tell you.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:13 AM   #13
KyleRipman
IndyFan

That's okay, I'll just play without voices I guess. Still a great game.
Old 07-14-2003, 02:12 AM   #14
VP
Moderator Emeritus

Have you changed your soundcard after you installed the game?
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 03:21 AM   #15
Tequileros
IndyFan

on the one and only http://www.theindyexperience.com at the Fate of Atlantis section you can find the Quick and Easy sound patch :-). If you follow the instructions it probally will work :-).
Tequileros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 10:24 AM   #16
KyleRipman
IndyFan

Nope, didn't change the card.

Tried the Quick and Easy, worked like a charm. Thanks.
Old 07-21-2003, 09:41 AM   #17
Indy Benson
IndyFan

Hello, I'm new here, and I ran into the same problem as Omega5ooo did. But I was unsucessful in getting that crack from the megagames link to work (I believe the error message said something about the site itself running out of space?)

Anybody have any other ideas?
Indy Benson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:21 PM   #18
omega5ooo
IndyFan

Here this should do it.

http://www.gameburnworld.com/dl/game...lantisnocd.htm

Just unzip it to your FoA folder and run the .com file
Old 07-22-2003, 10:24 AM   #19
Kumba

It's really sad; I got FoA, oh, about 3 years ago I think, but I've never been able to get the sound to work right. I tried downloading that patch, but it only works for later computer models; I have Window 98, which I think is the best. The music works in the game, but I can't hear the voices or some of the sound effects. And I have soundblaster!!! Errr, this is why I like consoles better, cause you don't have to deal with all that port number stuff and buffer rate. I think FoA had the best story, and then IM. I'm not sure if Emperor's Tomb is very creditable though. Haha, well same goes with IM, with the Aetherium and all, and the old lady turning young, but I like the whole story of Babel thing much better anyways.
Kumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 04:07 PM   #20
KyleRipman
IndyFan

http://www.theraider.net/theraven//s...?threadid=4845

Try some suggestions in that thread; the Quick and Easy patch worked for me.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:48 AM   #21
Adventurer
IndyFan

Lightbulb

Youīre under 98, wich is more or less still DOS, but maybe this helps. Itīs a program called "DOSBox". It emulates a complete 286/386 unter Windows.
You can get it here: http://dosbox.sourceforge.net

In case you try this, donīt forget to download "Dobofro" in the download section. This is a windows frontend for DOSBox, which works pretty well.

With DOSBox, i got FOA to work under WinXP inclusive mouse and sound. (Even the talkie version worked. That means, the music, the sound effects AND the speech)

If the above does not help, take a look under the link section. There are TONS of utilities to run old games, especially for Lucasarts Games, like ScummMV.

Good luck
Adventurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:08 AM   #22
Gagnosity
IndyFan

I am getting a little bit agitated with the stone puzzle in the Crete ruins. My dialogue says "To approach Atlantis...with darkness ruling the old city without challenge." I have aligned the city and the darkness in every possible way, but nothing is happening. Am I missing something, or have I happened upon a glitch? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Gagnosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 10:20 AM   #23
Clintwood
IndyFan

Ther is a lot of walkthroughs for this game availible on the internet. I recomend you to download one toassist you in your quest.

Regarding Crete, I have copied this from: http://www.gamexperts.com/index.php?cheat_id=3427

Don't even bother going to the left. There's nothing there in this path. Go to the right and you'll find a pedestal. Use the stones on it. Look at it. As I've said before, the alignment changes from game to game. Here are some that I've seen. Plato: With the darkest night healed by the full moon. Answer: Align the darkness symbol on the sunstone with the tall horns and then align the full moon with it. Plato: With pale dawn shredding the darkest night. Answer: Match the rising sun with the tall horns, and then align it with the new moon. Once you've done it right, a secret door will open. Enter....NOW!

I'll hope this will help you!
Clintwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 04:14 PM   #24
Loeryn
IndyFan

Hey I am a long time indy fan, I recently replayed Fate of Atlantis and I got stuck on the third spindle problem in the room with the minature of the city. The dialouge says "With darkness ruling the city without challenge. Well I set the darkness and city but what for the moon? I tried every moon phase and it won't work. Could anyone help me out?

EDIT: Ok I feel bad for posting something like this that you get a lot and I leafed through old posts and walkthroughs, the only info I could find was "align darkness and city" which I already knew. No combinations with darkness and city will work though!

[Edited by Loeryn on 11-17-2003 at 04:23 pm]
Loeryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:25 PM   #25
MP3
IndyFan

Hmmmmm... I could be wrong, since I haven't played FoA in several months, but perhaps you should align darkness, the city, and a moon phase - but NOT near the "tall horns" - i.e. the lineup of the three symbols can be pointing for the center to the left, right, or down - not necessarily up...
MP3 is offline   Reply With Quote