TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 11-18-2003, 12:27 AM   #26
Finn

Okay, the point with these stone puzzles are that the earlier disks come the same way they did with two earlier puzzles.

Put the sunstone the same way you used it in the desert dig/Thera (considering which path you're playing), then align the moonstone the same way it was when opening the door to catacombs.

When you have the two like this, put the city in direction the darkness is now, DO NOT ALIGN THE DARKNESS WITH THE HORNS if it already isn't and put the city in the direction the darkness is now, NEVER MIND if it isn't pointing at the horns.

Oh, and if this is not helpful, you can type in what the dialogue says about the stones and I'll tell you how you should align them.

[Edited by Finn on 11-18-2003 at 08:24 am]
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:40 AM   #27
IndyFrench
TR.N Staff Member

Fate of Atlantis hints and tech help

Hey guys,

Anyone know how I can get Fate of Atlantis to run on Windows XP? I am using the CD-ROM "talkie" version.

Thanks,
Mike
IndyFrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 01:48 AM   #28
John McClane

I've already tried & I don't think it's possible. However PM VP as he knows a lot about these things.
John McClane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:05 AM   #29
VP
Moderator Emeritus

You must use ScummVM. http://www.scummvm.org/
VP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 09:04 AM   #30
Jay R. Zay
IndyFan

a question

i'm playing Fate of Atlantis again and i'm stuck exactly at the same problem again as the first time i've tried.

i'm inside the map room on crete and i simply can't find the correct combination for the disks.

in plato's book it says (appr. translation):

"to reach atlantis, add the worldstone (or whatever it's called in english - the smallest stone), when the darkest night is over the western sea. only the different-minded may enter."

so i've tried (top to bottom) night, new moon, western sea. and because of this different-minded stuff, i've also tried (day|fullmoon|west) and (day|fullmoon|east) and i've placed the city on the top (=north) side of the screen so that the western sea is on left (=right) side and then i've tried (left to right) night, new moon, western sea again.

nothing happens. does anybody have ANY ideas? did i miss something? i have no idea how to go on. i've searched for a help page, but it only says "align the disks as it is written in the book", which isn't a great help either.

i'd be very grateful if somebody could help me with this problem. it didn't seem to work a few years ago and it doesn't seem to work today. crap.
Jay R. Zay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 12:30 PM   #31
Jay R. Zay
IndyFan

ah the combination was rising sun, full moon, eastern sea. how the hell was i supposed to find out? i've tried the combinations one by one. had to do about 3/4 but it didn't take this long. just in case somebody's interested. this was bull**** but the game nevertheless is great.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:21 PM   #32
Luisiana Jones
IndyFan

That game is the best indy game ever made kid
Luisiana Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #33
Finn

No BS here. It's a great game.

This comes a little late anyway, but as repeated over and over again, the trick here is that the way you placed your earlier disks doesn't change between locations.

You placed rising sun by the horns in the Dig Site/Thera (don't ask me how I know, I just do). On the labyrinth entrance... you still place rising sun by the horns and full moon over it. So... now you're in the map room, right? Once again. Place rising sun and full moon by the horns. Then you were supposed to see where night was pointed in the diagram now (left, right?) and align the western sea left as well. Simple.

Just place the other two stones in the exact same way than you did with the two earlier locations and then the last one by the book. Even if you still don't get how the worldstone is supposed to go, placing your two other stones in the way you placed 'em on the labyrinth entrance reduces the amount of your tries to four at maximum.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:54 PM   #34
Jay R. Zay
IndyFan

hmm you're probably right. thanks. at least now i understand the system
Old 10-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #35
michaeloh6
IndyFan

Tech help with Fate of Atlantis?

Hey Everyone..

I'm trying to rehash some great gaming memories and play Fate of Atlantis. However, everytime I try to run it, I get this error: "can't open monster.sou".

Somewhere, somehow...there is a sound conflict going on I believe...however, since I am running XP...I cannot remedy by using the good old DOS edit of autoexec.bat

Is there anyone who can offer some advice? Would love to replay this one...

Thanks a lot,

Michael
michaeloh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 05:52 PM   #36
macwizard
IndyFan

I'd recommend trying a program called ScummVm. It can play any game based on the SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) engine. I would also recommend playing Last Crusade Graphic Adventure on this system. They also have a version for those mac users out there.
macwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 08:17 PM   #37
michaeloh6
IndyFan

Hey Hey..

Thanks...ScummVM did the trick like butter...thanks!!

Woo hoo!! FoA again!
michaeloh6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #38
Abe Vayoda
IndyFan

Running Fate of Atlantis on a Mac

Okay, so I've got a copy of Fate of Atlantis for my Mac, but the game won't run on it. Is there anything I can do to run the game on my mac?
The game is the mac version.

Thanks
Abe Vayoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 03:10 PM   #39
Finn

http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php

SCUMMVM usually helps with these kind of problems. Pick up the Mac version and try running your game through it.

It's a simple program, really, but if you run into trouble using it, return here for feedback.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:36 PM   #40
Abe Vayoda
IndyFan

THANKS!!! You are too cool. I haven't played this game in so long, works fine now. Wish I still had the manual for it. Don't remember how to use the controls. Also, when does the bottom text option showup? Great game nevertheless.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #41
ClintonHammond

Keyboard commands and walkthrough
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelin...1815&rid=75903
ClintonHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #42
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I was just about to recommend SCUMMVM but Finn beat me to it. I couldn't get my version to work in Windows until it was mentioned here. It's a great system and the game has worked fine for me ever since.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:39 PM   #43
Abe Vayoda
IndyFan

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. Forgotten how much fun I used to have with this game. Trying to go the wits path this time round (first time used the fists path.)
Old 08-11-2006, 03:13 AM   #44
Finn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indybuff
I was just about to recommend SCUMMVM but Finn beat me to it. I couldn't get my version to work in Windows until it was mentioned here. It's a great system and the game has worked fine for me ever since.
Yep, there's no underlining how great SCUMMVM actually is. I think one of the best things with this program is that it can practically run ANY version of a game it supports no matter for which OS it was designed for and what your actual system is. I got, for example, a Win version of FoA running in Ubuntu Linux without a single problem at all.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #45
Paden
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Yep, there's no underlining how great SCUMMVM actually is.
I'd have to second that sentiment. If you're a fan of any of the imagintive titles from that era of adventure gaming, SCUMMVM is a dream come true. If you like Fate of Atlantis, you might give Beneath a Steel Sky a try. A very cool cyberpunk flavored game with strong doses of humor. Best of all, the developer has released it as freeware. You can download it from the same page where you can pick up the SCUMMVM engine.
Paden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:21 AM   #46
TOHTER
IndyFan

Fate of Atlantis Help. Stuck at the Dig Site!

Help! How do I get the gas into the generator to turn on the lights? Im at the dig site. I have the gas filled jar and trying to get it into the generator but its just not working. Where is the gas filler pipe? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
TOHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:33 AM   #47
ClintonHammond

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...ta/562678.html
ClintonHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 09:54 AM   #48
Finn

You'll have to OPEN something...
Old 02-17-2007, 11:10 AM   #49
TOHTER
IndyFan

fate of atlantis help

Thanks...finally found that little gas cap.
TOHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #50
Michael24
IndyFan

playing "Fate of Atlantis" on Windows XP

A few years ago, I dug FATE OF ATLANTIS out again because I never did finish it when it was new and installed it on my computer. I now had Windows XP, and it wouldn't work properly. I asked around and was told to try a program called ScummMV(sp?) that was designed to make old LucasArts games playable on new computer systems. It worked and I was able to get farther in the game than I ever had before, all the way to Atlantis. But then I reached one area where the game would shut down and kick me out whenever I made Indy try to walk into the next room.

Could this have been a problem on ScummMV's part? Has anybody else who used that program experienced that? I would love to get the game to work again on my computer because I've always enjoyed playing it.
Michael24 is offline   Reply With Quote