Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

DIrishB

Moedred said:
CHUD still thinks it's the staff of Moses. But Moses didn't strike the Red Sea to part it. Aaron's rod, however, struck the Nile before the Plague of Blood in Exodus 7, right after the rod turned into a snake.

WillKill4Food said:
Yeah, but Indiana Jones stories aren't always perfectly historically accurate.

Neither is the Old Testament... :rolleyes:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
One piece shows Indy looking at the Golden Gate Bridge being built. Previously we'd heard the game takes place in 1939, but the bridge was finished in 1937

That I find interesting... I remember a little while back there was talk that this game would have a connection to KOTCS..... I'm hoping that maybe.... *sigh* not likely. I'll have to look up Youtube and scout the exact quote.

DIrishB

Crusade>Raiders said:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/07/the-indiana-jones-game-that-lucasarts-doesnt-want-you-to-know-a/

Mostly what The Man said, but it has a great picture of Indy looking at the incomplete Golden Gate Bridge.

Joystiq.com said:
There was a lot more artwork that they asked us not to photograph, but it showed Indy in various locales: in an elephant chase, on a zeppelin, watching a Chinese dragon parade in China (is Short Round coming back?), in a primitive diving suit staring out over an underground pool complete with Nazi chests in a corner, and the Orient Express.

I knew about the Elephant chase, but the other stuff was news to me. And that news has me even more excited than I was before for this game.

Crusade>Raiders

I didn't know ANYTHING about the game except the psychics engine, and it all sounds awesome. If LucasArts can stop firing all its employees left and right maybe we might get to play it next year.

Lao_Che

Is this Chinese dragon parade actually in China or could it be part of the San Francisco Chinatown/cable car sequence?

DIrishB

Lao_Che said:
Is this Chinese dragon parade actually in China or could it be part of the San Francisco Chinatown/cable car sequence?

I assume its a Chinatown setting in San Francisco, since other artwork and screen shots have shown different portions of the city (the cable car fight, the Golden Gate bridge being built). Of course, its probably just as likely the real China, given Indy's trend of world-hopping during adventures. Guess we'll find out when its released. Or at least when its closer to release and we start getting previews.

Sorry...I didn't answer anything there.

michael said:
Link or it didn't happen!

Were you part of OJ's legal defense team? Or Michael Jackson's?

Sorry, I just had flashbacks to both those trials after reading that.

;)

Lao_Che

DIrishB said:
I assume its a Chinatown setting in San Francisco, since other artwork and screen shots have shown different portions of the city (the cable car fight, the Golden Gate bridge being built). Of course, its probably just as likely the real China, given Indy's trend of world-hopping during adventures. Guess we'll find out when its released. Or at least when its closer to release and we start getting previews.

Sorry...I didn't answer anything there.

If you had I'd have wanted to know where you got the information from. ;)

It was really just wondering out loud from the joystiq article. If China's in the games aswell it seems a lot of globe trekking for one adventure (and supposedly for a Middle Eastern biblical relic): San Francisco, Panama (Ultimate Guide), India, China, the Orient Express could be almost anywhere in Europe.

All this for Charles Kingston, whoever that is. :gun:

DIrishB

Lao_Che said:
If you had I'd have wanted to know where you got the information from. ;)

It was really just wondering out loud from the joystiq article. If China's in the games aswell it seems a lot of globe trekking for one adventure (and supposedly for a Middle Eastern biblical relic): San Francisco, Panama (Ultimate Guide), India, China, the Orient Express could be almost anywhere in Europe.

All this for Charles Kingston, whoever that is. :gun:

Thats more info than I had known! Maybe they're thinking that more locations all across the world will give the game a more "epic" feel. That in itself won't, but I admit it might help.

Regardless, this game looks like it'll be a lot of fun. And thanks again, I wasn't aware of most of those locations.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Is anyone else a bit concerned with how much these locales cover the Emperor's Tomb territory? We've allegedly got China, and we've definitely got the Orient Express, a route which incorporates both Prague and Istanbul. And I swear I remember hearing Prague mentioned from one source about Staff of Kings, but that could be either a mis-memory or a mistake on the part of whoever was reporting that info.