Location visit: Last Crusade Venice

Stoo

EXCELLENT, propstar! I love how you copied the panning & pitching of the camera and your precision of the framing is almost dead-on. Really well done. Bravo!:hat:

Hope you don't mind but I already saved it onto my hard drive. It's that good!(y)

IAdventurer01

Wow, really impressive stuff. :hat:

I am, however, saddened by the lack of manhole to flammable catacombs in modern-day Venice. I understand that must have been a hazard, but still ... :p

Indy Geek

Cool! Last year I was planning to go to Venice, but spending 4 days just to be in Venice is to much (Time and Money!!!).
Still, I went to Granada, I tried to managed to go to Guadix (The station which Marcus gets lost) and to Almeria and to the Beach where Henry Sr does the umbrella trick.
But I was with my car and all of that was 1h (or more) from Granada. Perhaps next time I plan to visit Almeria and do all the surroundings from there.
I´m from Portugal, and pity there´s no more scenes with Indy at the Portuguese Cost...

Goodeknight

GREAT!!

My wife and I went to Venice, but the only LC location we were certain about was the library.

Excellent comparison.

Three things stood out to me -- early on how the yellow and red facades were much more muted in LC than they are now. I'm sure they've been painted since, but it seems the time of day and shadows made a big difference, too.

The library also looks like it's been spruced up considerably since LC. I can't imagine they let the film crew dirty it up temporarily for the shoot. Doesn't look like it was done in post, either.

Also, early on, across the canal, I like the look of the buildings better in LC. Most of that area got a heavy whitewashing since.

Very interesting. Ahh, Venice.