Indiana Jones and the Tomb of the Gods !!!

mfisher

Still haven't found this one in Nashville yet... hit up all of the comic stores this afternoon... nothing !

mfisher

Thanks for the offer... just found it at Barnes & Noble tonight... great stuff.. although I'd say the cover artist is getting some mileage out of the Cinemaquette Indiana Jones statue :rolleyes: Thats the second cover out of only four issues to feature that image, just from a different angle.. kinda lazy.. anyhoo.. love the story.. it brings back fun memoroies of growing up and collecting the original Indy line of comics..

Perhilion

ijtog4lineart.jpg

So do they run into the great Cthulu or something? Either way, really enjoying this series. I didn't really like any of the older Indy series.

DIrishB

Perhilion said:
ijtog4lineart.jpg

So do they run into the great Cthulu or something? Either way, really enjoying this series. I didn't really like any of the older Indy series.

Thats some gorgeous artwork as well. Looks like the artist following up Scott won't disappoint.

And if I had to guess, I'd say its some type of sea monster. Maybe. :confused:

keylan

Just picked up issue #3 of 4 and I must say that I am really enjoying the storyline so far. I must really congradulate Darkhorse on a job well done. They are by far one of the best designers of Comics that I have come across. I hope that they will continue the great work. (y)

HovitosKing

Well having just finished issue 3 I have to say they're doing a great job. I agree with someone else who said earlier that it's tough to keep up with what's going on because of the huge time lag between issues, I keep forgetting what's going on too. Frankly it just seems like a lot of running around and nothing actually being accomplished, but I guess the final issue will tie it all back together. It's been a good one so far, I'm hoping they (Dark Horse) do a few more adventures but with shorter lags between issues.

Indy fan 235

I'm really enjoying this comic, it's one of the best Indy comics I hav read and really feels like the movies. I'd like to see this writer do more Indy comisc in the future.

As for forgetting what happened before since there is a space in between issues, I usually just read the previous issues before the new one comes out to refresh my memory.

DIrishB

Indy fan 235 said:
I'm really enjoying this comic, it's one of the best Indy comics I hav read and really feels like the movies. I'd like to see this writer do more Indy comisc in the future.

Agreed. Love to see the artist do another Indy book...his work is beautiful.

As for forgetting what happened before since there is a space in between issues, I usually just read the previous issues before the new one comes out to refresh my memory.

Exactly. Its not like they're long reads...if you forget what happens, read the previous issues the night before or something, and you're good to go before you hit the comic shop! ;)

The trade paperback will be a great read, I'm sure.

YouNeverKnow

It would be if they'd put it out on a more regular schedule!! Mildly curious readers don't have the patience to wait for so long.

yodazone

Yea, that's a steep drop off from issue #1 to #3. I'm sure they'll sell even better when the trade collection comes out in May.

HovitosKing

YouNeverKnow said:
It would be if they'd put it out on a more regular schedule!! Mildly curious readers don't have the patience to wait for so long.

You're right about that, I'm straddling the lines of "mildly curious" and "patience"

emtiem

Ah- looks like the artist from the first couple of issues.

Still haven't seen issue 3; I think I might wait until the collected book now.

QBComics

Recently got my Issue 3! (y)

Loved it! What a great chase scene, with the dog sleds! I'm curious to where Indy fell too, at the end. I really can't wait until Ish. #4!

(BTW, Beautiful cover)