Indy's fiancees, ever get tired of them?

Indy Croft

I just wondered. I finished all the young indy series on dvd a few days ago and in indy's teenage years (16-21) He makes out with about 20 women and even has sex with a woman who's like 15 years older than he is. Did you guys ever get sick and tired of indy's girlfriends? Whenever he sees a girl, he goes :eek: and immedaitly makes out with her. I was loving young indy but as i saw him making out with more and more girls, i started to get bored with all his gfs. I personally is having a very hard time finding a gf but our hero made out with about 20 women in just 5 years :mad: .
I somehow disliked him a bit after I found he's a playboy. Even now he probably is. not wonder he got finally married in KOTCS, that is in his 50s.
Scandal of 1920 was the worst.:(
So now i ask you guys, ever got tired of indy's gfs:dead: ?

Flannery10

Sometimes, but some of his girlfriends and relationships were really interesting, especially London, of course. Vienna and Istanbul were really good, too in my opinion.

Indy Croft

the annoying thing is that he says i love you to every women and considers her his gf. but the relationship only goes for about 3 days and he makes out with another.

I find 'girlfriends' are always alot easier to come by when you're traveling.. meh, I always found it amusing, and anyway its not 'that' many girls. I always saw it as a sorta running joke, even remy refers to it 'in love again eh?'

Only that Italian nurse did I find ridiculous, no explanation at all, while I love scandel of 1920

Indy Croft

scandal of 1920 was pretty funny, indy surely deserves it. But I personally is dying to have a girlfriend but compared to myself, Indy' having a whole lot of girls. I just can't understand him, I'm be happy enough with one gf unless we break up.
I first found it funny but as it kept going on, i started to get tired of it
Also Remy said i love you to one woman only. He also married her and was never seen with another woman after than. But Indy asked for marriage at the age of 17 in London before going to war. In the future we made out with tone of other girls.

Kaczor

Come on! A young horny soldier after horror of trenches must sometimes... you know ;)

Another thing - in Last Crusade - Indy knows Elsa only few hours and bang! He was a sex machine :D

metalinvader

Indy Croft said:
Also Remy said i love you to one woman only. He also married her and was never seen with another woman after than.

Woah,Remy had a slew of woman while he was married (See Paris, October 1916.Two at once even!) .Unless I'm misunderstanding your post....:)

Last edited:
Remy an honest man? Now I've heard everything! If anything Remy rubbed off on Indy, Paris, the Somme, always with a prostitute on his arm, and the second he gets back to suzette hes sold her family heirloom and is off again.

But really, Indys girlfriends/ romantic leanings.. lets see (from memory so there'll be gaps)

Princess Sophie (Indy starting early as usual)
Nancy Stratamyer, (Indy's girlfriend at home, nothing wrong with that)
then theres that girl on the boat, who he talked to at vera cruz, didn't get anywhere I imagine
Maggie Lemass (Indy sees this girl inside a cake shop, and just wanders in and starts chatting her up, with lies of course. I love it, talk about embracing being away from home... Indy goofing it up in the way he does best)
Two ugly girls on the ferry, just after Remy says 'Rose buds she tries ard edge ee may!' 10 minute chat..
Vicky Prentiss (Indy's first true love, can't fault it)
Some months later theres Mata Hari.. (of course... didn't really love her)
That woman in Phantom Train, gave it his best shot, didn't work though
Many months after that theres that girl on the train in Attack of the Hawkmen, a distraction rather than an affair methinks, then the girl who loves him in Russia, but he doesn't feel the same... indicating hes not a heartless playboy (but we all knew that anyway)
Then theres Maya, Catherine Zeta Jones, you really can't blame the guy here.. anyway she was a spy.. and he knew it, the dog. Gotta admire a guy for that.

After that its ditzy triple timer Giuletta, followed closely by herself, the random nurse lady with no name, which is admittidly pretty damn silly.. then its the autress lady whose name escapes me right now.. ridiculous, only the real characters I can't remember...

After that hes engaged again to Molly after who knows how many months, and then its your one in Treasure of the Peacocks eye, doesn't go further then a kiss, that american lady in Winds of Change, and the three from Scandel and the one from Follies, all four of which he claimed to be in love with. So thats... quick count.. 21... I think.. only 9 of which he said he loved.. only maybe 5 of whom he slept with, methinks.. I don;t think thats too unreasonable when constantly on the move during a war...

Anyway I think its a key part of Indy's Character, that loveable goofish naivieity, he just falls into everything headfirst, be it love or learning... I can't complain.

oki9Sedo

Indy Croft said:
the annoying thing is that he says i love you to every women and considers her his gf. but the relationship only goes for about 3 days and he makes out with another.

He's compensating for his repressed feelings for Belloq.

Stoo

Indy Croft said:
scandal of 1920 was pretty funny, indy surely deserves it. But I personally is dying to have a girlfriend but compared to myself, Indy' having a whole lot of girls. I just can't understand him, I'm be happy enough with one gf unless we break up.
Well, that' it right there. In the series, Indy is yearning for love but out of the girls he does truly love; one rejects him, the next one is a liar
and another is killed. (Nancy from Princeton is the only one he really ditches. In the original version, the very, last line has Indy saying,
"I love you Nancy Stratemeyer" which was cut from the VHS/DVDs.:mad:)

You're right about Indy getting what he deserved in "Scandal". I did the same thing at exactly the same age (but with only 2 girls, not 3)
which is why I love all the scenes of running around from date-to-date. The ending was familiar, too, because I've been in that situation.
(I'll never forget the night they both showed up at my house and rang the doorbell!:eek: At my birthday party 3 weeks later, the 2 of them
presented me with a cake they had baked TOGETHER. How crazy is that? Maybe it was poisoned...)

metalinvader said:
Woah,Remy had a slew of woman while he was married (See Paris, October 1916.Two at once even!) .Unless I'm misunderstanding your post....
Yeah, he has 2 in Paris but I think one is meant for Indy. Maybe you're thinking of the Somme/Trenches of Hell where Remy has clothes off?:eek:
Jeremiah Jones said:
Remy an honest man? Now I've heard everything! If anything Remy rubbed off on Indy, Paris, the Somme, always with a prostitute on his arm, and the second he gets back to suzette hes sold her family heirloom and is off again.
Exactly! Along with Picasso, Freud and his cousin, Frank...Remy is a bad influence on Indy's fidelity. Time to resurrect my old thread:
The Unfaithful Remy Beaudoin (and Other Influences on Indy's Love Life)

Jeremiah Jones said:
then theres that girl on the boat, who he talked to at vera cruz, didn't get anywhere I imagine

Two ugly girls on the ferry, just after Remy says 'Rose buds she tries ard edge ee may!' 10 minute chat..

That woman in Phantom Train, gave it his best shot, didn't work though

Many months after that theres that girl on the train in Attack of the Hawkmen, a distraction rather than an affair methinks,

then the girl who loves him in Russia, but he doesn't feel the same... indicating hes not a heartless playboy (but we all knew that anyway)

the random nurse lady with no name, which is admittidly pretty damn silly..

then its the autress lady whose name escapes me right now.. ridiculous, only the real characters I can't remember...

and then its your one in Treasure of the Peacocks eye, doesn't go further then a kiss,

that american lady in Winds of Change,

and the three from Scandel and the one from Follies, all four of which he claimed to be in love with.

-Lady from Vera Cruz was Henrietta. From the dialogue, it seems like they only spoke and even if she did recognize him in the steam room, didn't want to acknowledge it.
-Actually, there are 3 girls on the ferry and Remy's line is supposed to be, "Gather ye rosebuds while ye may.";) Who knows what happened with them...
-In "Phantom Train" it's Margaret Trappe and you're right. She's not a girlfriend.
-I forgot about the girl on the train from "Hawkmen". Thanks, Jeremiah!:hat:
-Rosa is the Russian, non-love interest
-Re: the nurse. There are *2* different nurses! One is probably just attraction and no further. The other is a no-ties, carnal affair. "Like ships passing in the night..."
-The actress in Barcelona has the alias of Nadia Kamenevsky and Indy's affection for her is a bluff as a part of his mission.
-Lily is the "Peacock" skank who Indy didn't know very well. She died.:dead:
-Amy Wharton from Princeton 1919 (this relationship seemed to be going somewhere...but they were forced to part because of school.)
-Girls from "Scandal" and the one from "Follies":
Margaret ?Peggy? Peabody
Kate Rivers
Gloria Schuyler (Phsyical infatuation. No love here.)
Claire Lieberman (She was a 2-timer, too.)

Jeremiah Jones said:
So thats... quick count.. 21... I think.. only 9 of which he said he loved.. only maybe 5 of whom he slept with, methinks.. I don;t think thats too unreasonable when constantly on the move during a war...
We'll have to do a re-count, JJ. There are even more women to add to the list:

-Lady #2 (Parisian Whore from 1908)
-Rosie
-Edith Warton
-Maria Straussler
-Susie Hilton
-Babs

Flannery10

Stoo said:
We'll have to do a re-count, JJ. There are even more women to add to the list:

-Lady #2 (Parisian Whore from 1908)
-Rosie
-Edith Warton
-Maria Straussler
-Susie Hilton
-Babs

Now it's time for me to defend Indy. The girl Indy dances with in Paris, 1908 is not a whore, but Picasso's girlfriend. I've just seen the episode a couple of days ago.
Edith Wharton, well what to say about that. Indy was just impressed by her worldview and knowledge I suppose.
Now, I feel like an idiot, but I have no idea, who Rose, Maria Straussler, Susie Hilton and Babs are. Any help?

Indy Croft

Stoo said:
Well, that' it right there. In the series, Indy is yearning for love but out of the girls he does truly love; one rejects him, the next one is a liar
and another is killed. (Nancy from Princeton is the only one he really ditches. In the original version, the very, last line has Indy saying,
"I love you Nancy Stratemeyer" which was cut from the VHS/DVDs.:mad:)

You're right about Indy getting what he deserved in "Scandal". I did the same thing at exactly the same age (but with only 2 girls, not 3)
which is why I love all the scenes of running around from date-to-date. The ending was familiar, too, because I've been in that situation.
(I'll never forget the night they both showed up at my house and rang the doorbell!:eek: At my birthday party 3 weeks later, the 2 of them
presented me with a cake they had baked TOGETHER. How crazy is that? Maybe it was poisoned...)

:D I can imagine how embaressing it would be!!!!! So you were making out with 2 girls at once and none of them knew it till your birthday.
So what did they do with the cake, did they smash your face into it like indy? What did you do with that cake?:D

Stoo

Flannery10 said:
Now it's time for me to defend Indy. The girl Indy dances with in Paris, 1908 is not a whore, but Picasso's girlfriend. I've just seen the episode a couple of days ago.
Edith Wharton, well what to say about that. Indy was just impressed by her worldview and knowledge I suppose.
Now, I feel like an idiot, but I have no idea, who Rose, Maria Straussler, Susie Hilton and Babs are. Any help?
Hey, you're right about Picasso's girlfriend!:hat: I always thought it was the brown-haired prostitute because Norman Rockwell gets the blonde one.
Agreed about Indy's admiration of Edith Warton but I think it's intentionally implied that she would NOT say "no" if he made any advances on her.
There seems to be some uderlying, sexual tension as if she's waiting for it so I put her in the same category as Rosa the Russian and a few others.
(Female characters who want Indy but their feelings are unknown to him.) That's my take on it anyway.

No reason to feel like an idiot for the other 4 as they are pretty obscure (except one).
-Rosie is the blond girl in Princeton malt shop who ends up being Butch's date. It seems like she wants Indy to ask her to the prom.
-Maria Straussler: Her fiancée became a bloodsucking b******d so maybe Indy caught her on the rebound.:p
-Susie Hilton & Babs are from "Mystery of the Blues" and have the hots for him. Babs works at Colissimo's and Susie Hilton is the college girl who Elliot likes but gives all her attention to Indy.

Indy Croft said:
I can imagine how embaressing it would be!!!!! So you were making out with 2 girls at once and none of them knew it till your birthday.
So what did they do with the cake, did they smash your face into it like indy? What did you do with that cake?
:D No, thankfuly, I didn't get a cake in the face! Everyone there had a piece so I guess it wasn't poisoned either.
The sequel to the story is that they both wanted to continue so I told each one that I had dumped the other for good.:eek:
I was young & stupid and couldn't decide! That lasted about a month before the jig was up again. Anway, it didn't end there
either as both of them popped back into my life later in the future (some good stories there, too but I won't get into it).
Now, one of them found me on Facebook and wants to get together!:eek: It's funny how things work out sometimes...
(I hope this doesn't sound like trailer-trash to anybody.:eek:)

So, in "Scandal of 1920", is that really the end of it for Indy with ALL 3 of them? In the closing bookends for "Vienna",
the psychiatrist asks Old Indy if he ever saw Princess Sophie again. His reply? "Of course I did! But...that's another story."

Last edited:

Indy Croft

Stoo said:
:D No, thankfuly, I didn't get a cake in the face! Everyone there had a piece so I guess it wasn't poisoned either.
The sequel to the story is that they both wanted to continue so I told each one that I had dumped the other for good.:eek:
I was young & stupid and couldn't decide! That lasted about a month before the jig was up again. Anway, it didn't end there
either as both of them popped back into my life later in the future (some good stories there, too but I won't get into it).
Now, one of them found me on Facebook and wants to get together!:eek: It's funny how things work out sometimes...
(I hope this doesn't sound like trailer-trash to anybody.:eek:)

So, in "Scandal of 1920", is that really the end of it for Indy with ALL 3 of them? In the closing bookends for "Vienna",
the psychiatrist asks Old Indy if he ever saw Princess Sophie again. His reply? "Of course I did! But...that's another story."

o well i was just about 1 or 2 years old when the original young indy came (I'm still in my teens), i watched them all on dvd. Your story wasn't trash or anything it was pretty funny, so your 2 girls were nicer than indy's 3 girls and they still wanted to do it with you:D . You are lucky too I know you are older by now but last year I had a girlfriend for the first time in my life. The relationship didn't even go for a year and split. She dumped me saying that she's too mean for me. If your case was a long time ago, then you might have forgotten it and maybe find it funny that it happened to you but that case was just last year and like you said, I'm young and still stupid So I don't feel good whenever I see my ex girlfriend in school. I guess it'll be forgotten as i grow older. That's one of the reasons why I find it annoying that indy has gf all the time.

Its just the traveling, no connections thing.. makes a big difference not seeing the person around. Plus, almost dying every day is sure to make you a bit riskier and careless when it comes to that sorta thing

Indy Croft

i guess so that's a good point. But really even after the war, I think his playboyness became worse. Just look at scandal of 1920 that's indy's worst scandal ever (though he always was on a scandal). He asked vicky (the girl from london who he met right before going to war) to marry him which she refused. He wished to see her after the war but during the war, he went out with a bunch of girls. That ain't good(n)

Crack that whip

Indy Croft said:
i guess so that's a good point. But really even after the war, I think his playboyness became worse. Just look at scandal of 1920 that's indy's worst scandal ever (though he always was on a scandal). He asked vicky (the girl from london who he met right before going to war) to marry him which she refused. He wished to see her after the war but during the war, he went out with a bunch of girls. That ain't good(n)

Well, she did decline his marriage proposal...

metalinvader

Indy Croft said:
she decline but indy could hav returnd to her fter the war but he completly forgot about her

Indy forgot Vicky? Not at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hH1Xhk2Sxw :p "That voice reminds me of the time..."

He even mentions Vicky to Molly in Istanbul, September 1918,More then two years after he proposed to Vicky.

My take is that Indy hardly ever forgot her (and who doesn't forget one of their first loves) and accepted the fact that it just wouldn't work and moved on with his life.