General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Dr. Gonzo

Indy's brother said:
Here's the Conan/Ford interview in full. Ford seems like he toked up before his appearance on the show. I mean, really! But hey, if that's what it takes for us to see that roguish grin of his again, I'll BUY his weed for him if he can bring that presence to Indy 5! (y)

Kind of a side note but man I love Conan.
Ford and Conan's interviews are always great.

Indy's brother

Dr. Gonzo said:
Kind of a side note but man I love Conan.
Ford and Conan's interviews are always great.

They both have a very offbeat sense of humor when they are live, and are kind of self-effacing, too. But Ford did seem baked. That grin when he worked off of Conan's lead on the money bit was the one I was "reefer"-ing to, btw

Attila the Professor said:
Double "HA!" I didn't even process that as a quote...just a phrase that was knocking around in my head and ended up being typed.

We all need help around here. At least Kasdanian Slips like that go largely unnoticed in real life.

Montana Smith

Harrison did appear to have had a few too many, which actually made him livelier than normal.

The Indy answer was the same stock answer that everyone inolved has given.

It's just a response to keep the project breathing in case it goes ahead. In a few years' time that response will be getting really tired!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Montana Smith said:
It's just a response to keep the project breathing in case it goes ahead. In a few years' time that response will be getting really tired!

I think my new pet theory is going to be that Georgie-boy actually thinks the world is going to end in 2012, and is holding off until then.

Montana Smith

I think my new pet theory is going to be that Georgie-boy actually thinks the world is going to end in 2012, and is holding off until then.

If George has written a script for the world ending in 2012, then it will end. He thinks we all live in his universe!

(I've been in it since 1977!)

Silvor

I don't get all the talk about Ford seeming "off" or "on something" during the Conan interview. Have you guys never seen any interviews with him before? He's always been like this. He's very uncomfortable being interviewed in front of so many people.

Montana Smith

Silvor said:
I don't get all the talk about Ford seeming "off" or "on something" during the Conan interview. Have you guys never seen any interviews with him before? He's always been like this. He's very uncomfortable being interviewed in front of so many people.

He used to be half past dead during interviews, mumbling on in monotone like he was in a trance. He was a lot livelier in this one with Conan.

Silvor

Texas said:
Harrison isn't on anything. He' just an extremely shy person in real life.
This is what I've been trying to say.
I feel bad for him when I see him on these sort of interviews. He handles it a bit better in one on one interviews.

The Drifter

Montana Smith said:

What do you mean "in a few years' time"? That answer is already old and tired. That's why I never bothered to watch the interview when it was on TV.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Texas said:
Harrison isn't on anything. He' just an extremely shy person in real life.

And in real life, he's also a prominent user of a drug that's medicinally legal on the west coast of the United States. It's not illogical to think that that fact might be relevant to his lively appearance on a talk show this time around.

Silvor

And in real life, he's also a prominent user of a drug that's medicinally legal on the west coast of the United States. It's not illogical to think that that fact might be relevant to his lively appearance on a talk show this time around.
Geeze, where do you guys get all this crap from.
I've never ever heard anything about him using any drugs at all.
Everybody on the net is obsessed with celebrities doing drugs for some reason.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Silvor said:
Geeze, where do you guys get all this crap from.
I've never ever heard anything about him using any drugs at all.
Everybody on the net is obsessed with celebrities doing drugs for some reason.

Well, maybe the most definitive piece of information is something Bill Maher said once, seen here:

ClearTest.com said:
Bill Maher is well known for his libertarian views, not only on religion but has also been outspoken in his support of ending the war on drugs. Maher is the only celebrity figure who makes regular public statements like "The Partnership for a Drug-Free America really isn't for a drug-free America. It's a lobbying arm for the liquor and prescription drug industries." During his speech, at the NORML conference in San Francisco, Maher outed some fellow celebrities. "There are a lot of prominent people," said Maher, "I'm not going to mention any names—Harrison Ford, Ted Turner—who smoke a lot of pot and need to stand up!"

Look, I'm neither trying to indict the man's habit or laud it. It's simply a fact, as near as I can tell. It's also inconsequential to me, frankly, being rather benign as far as naughty celebrity behavior goes. But having it both pointed out, and watching the clip for myself? I find it hard to ignore the probability.

My, the things we're reduced to discussing...

James

Montana Smith said:
He used to be half past dead during interviews, mumbling on in monotone like he was in a trance. He was a lot livelier in this one with Conan.

Ford always seems to loosen up a little more for interviews with Conan and Dave, though.

Personally, I didn't get the impression he was on anything. It was more or less his usual deadpan style of joking around. (Notice he didn't have any trouble switching into "serious mode" when asked about Captain Sully.) Of course, he may have had a few drinks backstage, but is probably too professional to actually light up before an interview.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Well, maybe the most definitive piece of information is something Bill Maher said once..My, the things we're reduced to discussing...

..and his self admission concerning the stunt preparation for Blade Runner, and his stint as a stagehand for the Doors, and his son, and his claim that he went to Montery Pop....