Will you see Indiana Jones in IMAX/AMC Marathon?

As an Indiana Jones fan...I will;

• Go see 'Raiders' in IMAX, skip the AMC Four-Film Marathon!

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Go see the AMC Four Film Marathon, skip 'Raiders' in IMAX!

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Go see both IMAX and AMC Showings. "Shut up and take my money!"

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I will not be attending either IMAX or AMC's Marathon.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

Dr.Jonesy

As you are all well aware, the all time classic 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' is being re-released in IMAX and the entire beloved saga from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and 'Temple of Doom' to 'Last Crusade' and 'Kingdom of the Crystal Skull' will be gracing the screens of AMC Theaters across the nation (United States).

For list of theaters, go to;

http://www.amctheatres.com/events/indiana-jones-marathon

So, in the end...many of us will make the time to go see Indiana Jones on either or even both screens. Question is; what will you do? And if you do go, would you be interested in meeting up with some Raveners if you happen to be going to the same showing?
:hat:

Vote away and hope you guys take the time and make it to a showing! Nothing better than spending time with great fans.

Dr.Jonesy

As for myself...well I'm not too jazzed about IMAX (mostly because I'm cheap! :p ) so I'm sitting out the IMAX showing and doing the four-film marathon! I've always, always talked about seeing all of them on the big screen in a row and never thought I'd get the chance to, so I'm so stoked to go! Driving 3 hours for this, too!

I'll be rockin' my 'Kingdom' or 'Crusade' t-shirt under a blazer.
:hat:
That's the way to do it!

Hope you Raveners can make it and have fun! Sadly, I know alot of you guys are not in the US.
:(

Got to add:

Will watch IMAX and catch the Marathon if I can

(My REAL vote)

and

Will watch the Marathon and catch IMAX if I can get tickets!;)

Crack that whip

Not only do I intend to do both (and to see Raiders in IMAX multiple times, at that), but in the days and weeks before I'll probably watch a bunch of Young Indy and/or read some of the novels and comics, to maximize my Indy experience. :whip:

Rocket Surgeon said:
Got to add:

Will watch IMAX and catch the Marathon if I can

(My REAL vote)

and

Will watch the Marathon and catch IMAX if I can get tickets!;)

The wording of that last additional poll option you've suggested indicates someone might be easily able to get marathon tickets, but uncertain about getting Raiders IMAX ones. I'd think it would be the other way around - Raiders in IMAX will have numerous showings over a seven-day period (at my local AMC, they've got 31 showings scheduled), whereas the marathon will run just once.

To anyone contemplating doing both but not able to buy a whole slew of tickets all at once (this is the boat I'm in), I'd strongly recommend prioritizing the marathon tickets, and worrying about the IMAX tickets later. With 31 screenings of Raiders across a seven-day period, I think I can wait for at least one more payday before I start buying IMAX tickets, but I made sure I took care of my ticket to the marathon the day it was announced.
:) :whip:

Crack that whip said:
The wording of that last additional poll option you've suggested indicates someone might be easily able to get marathon tickets, but uncertain about getting Raiders IMAX ones.

My view is this...

I've seen all the films on various sized screens, and all in the first theatrical runs, I'm not as concerned with a marathon with what I've seen from the Showtimes thread.

Raiders on IMAX is THE EVENT OF THE YEAR in my book.

I could care less about sitting on my posterior for 8 hours, (mein Gott in Himmel people are REALLY going to hate/walk out of Crystal Skull before its over!)

After I budget as many IMAX visits as possible, (all about multiples, time is a factor as well!) we'll see about the "marathon".

Ultimately its more a value judgement than accessibility...

Dr.Jonesy

I wonder how well 'Raiders' and how packed the Marathons will be. IMAX 'Raiders' would be cool and IF I can catch it I'll go. I just know I have to go to the Marathon since it's just one day. I guess I'll try to make it to 'Raiders.

:)

Crack that whip

I very much do plan to see Raiders as many times as I can over the total event duration - it's the best / greatest / my favorite in the series, yet it's also the one I've seen theatrically both the fewest times and the least recently, so I'm looking forward to seeing it several times more. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing each of the others as well, though (yes, even Crystal Skull and Temple of Doom!).

Rocket Surgeon said:
I could care less about sitting on my posterior for 8 hours

It's actually my idea of a great time. In fact, it'll be the fourth time this year that I've done a marathon like this at the same theater - back in May, I went to AMC's Marvel / The Avengers marathon (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers) and followed it up with the Pixar "marathon" a few weeks later (Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up and Toy Story 3 - not a single-ticket screening like the other marathons, but still all four movies back to back), and then just went there again for the Dark Knight trilogy screening last month. And aside from special marathon events like this, there have been several times when I've just gone to spend most or all of the day in a theater and seen three or four movies back-to-back.

I love going to movies in general, and go about as often as I can afford to (sadly, not nearly as much as I'd like to!). It doesn't have to be an Indy movie - but it certainly helps! ;)

Dr.Jonesy

Crack that whip said:
It's actually my idea of a great time. In fact, it'll be the fourth time this year that I've done a marathon like this at the same theater - back in May, I went to AMC's Marvel / The Avengers marathon (Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers) and followed it up with the Pixar "marathon" a few weeks later (Ratatouille, WALL?E, Up and Toy Story 3

Wow! That Marvel Marathon is quite a long one, holy crap! I went to the 'Dark Knight Trilogy' Marathon and I was in the theater for 12 hours! How long were you there for the Marvel one?

Crack that whip

Dr.Jonesy said:

Wow! That Marvel Marathon is quite a long one, holy crap! I went to the 'Dark Knight Trilogy' Marathon and I was in the theater for 12 hours! How long were you there for the Marvel one?

It started running at 11:30am on the Thursday before the official opening day of The Avengers, and ran until sometime between 2:30 and 3:00 am Friday (the first five movies leading into a just-after-midnight showing of the new movie on its opening day); I think it finished around 2:45 am (The Avengers is just over 2 1/2 hours, but there were trailers and whatnot right before it). Each of the movies also had a special, event-exclusive intro by Clark Gregg as Agent Coulson, presenting "SHIELD dossiers" on the events we were about to witness. It was incredibly fun.

I suspect that sometime in 2014 there'll be a marathon of all the parts of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings that dwarfs all these others, though. That will be something, if it happens. It would have to be a true multi-day event...

Dr.Jonesy

Wow. Sounds cool especially with the intros before the films.

When I went to the Batman Trilogy Marathon there were no previews for any of the films, it was great. So much awesome energy with the fans in there, so into it. My ticket was $16 and we got 2 free medium popcorn tickets and a large drink ticket for free upon entry that we could take to the snack bar at any time during the marathon, plus a free poster/lanyard. Harkins Theaters knocked it out of the park in treating their customers for that marathon.
:)

I can't imagine a LOTR Marathon. Might have to get up every once in awhile to avoid a blood clotting issue!
:p

Crack that whip

Just to clarify, only The Avengers had trailers, though all six of the movies had the Agent Coulson intros.

And yeah, it's with marathons like these that the largest, free-refills sizes of popcorn and drinks make perfect sense. I made the most of my concessions investment!

For the AMC Indy marathon, note that if you're an AMC Stubs member you get an extra $5 Stubs credit on the day of the marathon (good for concessions or whatever). You also get a free poster; it might be a good idea to take a poster tube to put it in.

Dr.Jonesy

Crack that whip said:
Just to clarify, only The Avengers had trailers, though all six of the movies had the Agent Coulson intros.

And yeah, it's with marathons like these that the largest, free-refills sizes of popcorn and drinks make perfect sense. I made the most of my concessions investment!

For the AMC Indy marathon, note that if you're an AMC Stubs member you get an extra $5 Stubs credit on the day of the marathon (good for concessions or whatever). You also get a free poster; it might be a good idea to take a poster tube to put it in.

Sounds like a cool time. There weren't any Marvel marathons I could attend, had to work early in the morning after anyway. But it sounded like a cool time.

As far as a poster tube goes, good thinkin'. I've got one somewhere...

indyclone25

i will be going to both , i want to see Raiders on the imax screen , but also will be going with friends to see the marathon ( was going to go in gear , but opted for just wearing my fedora an indy t-shirt and jeans . i don't know how serious amc is about costumes anymore since the shootings , but i don't want to rock the boat when i get there .:D

Goodeknight

I'll be hitting both for sure. The last poll option I suggested was watching the trilogy, but walking out before Crystal Skull. While I thought CS stunk, I will still watch it again on the big screen.

Can anyone quote an official site saying whether or not costumes will be allowed? If they are, ditching the gun belt would be a good idea. Very poor taste otherwise.

russds

I would enjoy seeing all 4 back to back, but with two young boys and wife who's ho hum about Indy, it's tough to get to a movie in general, let a lone a whole day of movies. :) But already planning baby sitting for raiders on IMAX, that will be great, and can't wait. Really want to feel the roll of the boulder in my stomach, as Speilberg said. :)

HenryJunior

I'm pretty excited about the IMAX showings, but when I heard about the marathon I opted for that. I'm of the Phantom Menace generation and I've only had the chance to see KOTCS in theaters, so the chance to see all of them in the theater for the first time sounded great. I'm sure Raiders will look phenomenal in IMAX which gives me a little pang of guilt, so I can only hope the standard marathon is played off the new HD pulls of the series.
Either way its gonna be awesome:whip:

The marathon sounds a little more fun anyway. It's only one day which makes it a little more exclusive, plus the freebies should be cool (An "exclusive" poster, and a lanyard, hopefully indy themed).:D

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Would love to, but can't. Neither are happening here. I definitely would do either or both otherwise. So I'll just have to settle for the Bluray.

I'm in for the IMAX though not the marathon. My daughters love Indy, at least one of them does, so I'll be taking them both. I'm going to dress up I think and let them wear their hats, it will be great. :whip: