Star Trek TV

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
For those who love SciFi and desire to have good quality TV shows visit here:
http://saveenterprise.com/

This is an outrage. UPN didn't do didly squat to promote the series and they moved it to Friday nights to compete against Stargate SG-1/Atlantis (currently the most popular shows on Friday nights). UPN wanted to kill it. Now it is up to the fans to save it. SaveEnterprise.org is committed to getting Enterprise moved to another channel (CBS, FX, USA, or SciFi Channel).

Act today! Else the journey will end well before it is due. :mad:

IAdventurer01

If the show is saved I can see it now...
Trekkies everywhere unite!

Anyway, I don't find that Enterprise is the greatest of the TV series (Voyager is by far my favorite) but it has more potential that it is pumping out right now. Part of the reason I think is the ratings pressure, however.

In short - I voted for Enterprise. :rolleyes:

LASTCRUSADER

I gotta be honest here. I'm a fan of the original Star Trek as well as the Next Generation but since then I've completly lost interest. I really counld't care a less if they pull the show.

QueZTone

it's a shame they're cancelling it now just as its getting better..
season 4 is really a treat, have you seen the last two-parter episodes? it was great!

guess it'll be a long time before they decide to do a star trek series again..

RedeemedChild

Star Trek Openings

Well after the successful entrance of Star Trek XI from J.J. Abrams this past week I deem it fitting to post your favorite Star Trek Intros AKA Openings from each show and season and this (Deep Space Nine Season 6) is one of my favorites. It's moving and inspiring, a far cry from the rocked intros of Smallville.

object>

axelan

Star Trek

Star Trek probably has no relationship to Indiana Jones but I am excited that Patrick Stewart is involved in the making of a new series that will be set 20 years in the future of The Next Generation series.

Are there any other Indiana Jones fans that are also Trekkies? If so, are you excited about the new series that's expected?

Gear

This is the first I've heard of a new Star Trek project, and it does sound exciting.

I wouldn't consider myself a "Trekie", but I enjoy watching the original series, and I love TNG. The Borg terrified me at night, as a kid.

johnfrancis

I've just been comparing actresses across all of the Star Trek series today in the beauty stakes.

You know TOS with its Vaseline like glazed cameras for women, TNG with its soft focus lenses and DS9 shot on video, VOY and ENT were more sharp focused resulting in more true to reality visions of womanhood thus less diffuse.

Do you know what I've realised?

There's one actress across the whole franchise that they stopped bothering their bollocks using soft focus camera lenses on her after her first shot.

They've never done that in establishing or lone shots in any series to the best of my knowledge where it wasn't High Def or advanced Digital Video. Correct me if I'm wrong and I'm not including actual lighting tricks but actually displaying the woman so the ****ty soft focus lighting Shatner insisted on at times in TOS doesn't count. He loved being shot like a girl...how pretty. ( Not including Season Three where it was a tighter budget and, if I recall, a faster filming schedule)

I've got's to thinking that's because the Director gave up using it after the first shot because, not only did he realise he didn't need it, but it actually took away from the lines of her face and body.

Sherry Jackson.

They only did that with other actresses in the shots men were in if I recall correctly.

Really says something doesn't it? Particularly for Star Trek's early first season where they did it like it was going out of fashion.