Defeat the Picture Above You

Goodeknight

Dali2.jpg

Is that a smile, or is Salvador Dali's mustache just happy to see me?

Stoo

From "Un Chien Andalou" to Salvador Dali. Heading into surrealist territory, are we?

EPAAlbertOlive_00centenary460.jpg

Pale Horse

Staff member
the reason I currently love the Raven, is it's ability to see beyond Indy, especially as that's all that seems to be left. So play on surrealists, and pirates, and replacement lover NFL watcher! There be plenty of wine to keep a Fin warm in Russia...

Carry on, someone beat Stoo...if you can.

Dr. Gonzo

Eye of the tiger baby...

... it doesn't get more surreal than a boxer fighting a wrestler named Thunderlips for charity.

0.jpg

Interesting note on "Un Chien Andalou" the eye that was used for the slicing was a horse's eye and as you can see was used to great effect. Still makes me cringe.

Pale Horse said:
the reason I currently love the Raven, is it's ability to see beyond Indy, especially as that's all that seems to be left. So play on surrealists, and pirates, and replacement lover NFL watcher! There be plenty of wine to keep a Fin warm in Russia...

What a jolly bunch of drunkards we be. YEEEE-HAWW
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Fulz4ytZ54" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
Carry on, someone beat Stoo...if you can.
I was hoping someone was going to follow with Caroline Munro's palm from "The Golden Voyage of Sinbad"!:)
Dr. Gonzo said:
Interesting note on "Un Chien Andalou" the eye that was used for the slicing was a horse's eye and as you can see was used to great effect. Still makes me cringe.
Wasn't it a goat's eye?:confused:

Anyway, YEE-HAW is right!(y) I was recently talking about the story of "Rocky" with my sister-in-law. My 12-year-old niece became so intrigued that she wanted to see it. After warning her that it wasn't a flashy movie with beautiful people, she didn't sway so we went out and rented the DVD. She loved it! Turning her on to such a fantastic classic (with a great, motivational message) made me feel like this:

rocky.jpg

Excellent film and a true, American classic. (I like the movie so much it makes me cry.)
GONNA FLY NOW!

Goodeknight

Stoo said:
rocky.jpg

Excellent film and a true, American classic. (I like the movie so much it makes me cry.)
GONNA FLY NOW!

It's okay for dude's to cry when they watch Rocky, isn't it??

I love telling people Stallone wrote the (Oscar nominated) script for Rocky. They're always impressed. And, I believe, he was farming it around and refused to sell it a bunch of times because they wouldn't cast him as Rocky.

9bd085cd0b4340a570ea606c3155e9c8.jpg

"Rockyyyyy Balboaaaaaaa!!! The middle-height champion of the WORLD!!!

Finn

Staff member
Only thing that's cooler than a nun with a big gun?

OdaCl.jpg

...a whole convent's worth of 'em!

Finn

Staff member
Mod note

Trying to top the above with something visual may be against our terms of use. So make sure it's good enough for us to want to rewrite the rules. You have been warned.

Dr. Gonzo

Finn said:
Trying to top the above with something visual may be against our terms of use. So make sure it's good enough for us to want to rewrite the rules. You have been warned.

Hmmm well considering this I will put two options on the table...

A some what family friendly depiction of acts that beat the written words above (complements of Comedy Centrals new Brickleberry)
0.jpg

or
this

tumblr_matgmqkPAi1qgtx3co1_500.jpg

more famous type.

Take your pick...

hope this defuses a sticky situation

Goodeknight

Okay I'm ignoring the general direction of this thread for the moment.

I just want to point out how painful it is to see 1/3 of a script page with a minimum of 6 mistakes on it. What retard puts apostrophe's on anything ending with an s?? (see what I did there...)

And "just kidding" as a parenthetical?? Shoot me now. I pity readers. At least something like that would make for an easy skim and a quick (n) .

cartoon2+copylarge.jpg

Finn

Staff member
Maybe the script is badly written to emphasize that in this kind of production stiff acting is not just expected, but required... at least from the leading males.

Oh, and an image for you as well. I don't know if it defeats anything, but helps us pretend we're still on topic.

I3Cv6.jpg

Dr. Gonzo

1967 Shelby GT500 Mustang

Only 47 were ever created with "night mist blue" and two of those owners were Carroll Shelby's own son and Jim Morrison.

60726front34web.jpg

Stoo

Real Life HOT WHEELS!!!

Hot Wheels!
Hot Wheels!
Always chasin',
Always racin',
Hot Wheels!
Hot Wheels!
Keep 'em turnin' now,
Keep 'em churnin' now,
Keep 'em burnin', Hot Wheels!!!

Loop.jpg

P.S. Gonzo, the Shelby Mustang is one of the coolest cars ever made.(y)