Shia says Indy 5 is 'cracked'

Robyn

Forbidden Eye said:
But assuming Indy 5 does get made, he won't have a love intrest(unless its say a prequel) because of his marriage to Marion, which will just make it less like the original trilogy.

If they extend her part and make her a sidekick through-out like Mutt, I personally believe thats pretty lame. One of the best parts of the original trilogy, imo, is that in at least Raiders and Temple he was on completely different adventures with completely different sidekicks. Bringing back sidekicks just gives the whole movie a "been there, done that" feel.

Sorry but that's retarded to say that Marion being his partner again is nothing more than "a been there, done that" the audience in the theater cheered when Marion first came on the screen in kotcs, so thankfully most people don't think the way you're thinking.. It's pretty apparent that you want Indy to be like James Bond and have no emotional connections what so ever, I was so happy that he married Marion, it cemented his emotional connection to her in Raiders and made his character all the more real.. And one of my biggest excitements about an Indy 5 is to see Indy and Marion partner up again! BTW that's also the reason so many people loved Last Crusade, because they brought his Dad into the story!

Mitchellhallock said:
I wonder if Ford will reprise the title character in a starring role, or if Indiana will instead be relegated to a high-profile sidelines. I feel pretty certain that he’ll at least pop up, but not so much about him being a central character.

Of course Ford will reprise his role! Pop up?? It wouldn't be called Indiana Jones if Indiana Jones was only going to make a cameo!!

James

It's good to hear that Spielberg has a story he's interested in pursuing. This would make Indy 5 the first entry since Raiders that he's actually wanted to tell. It also increases the likelihood of it happening, since he's always been the toughest one to convince.

I don't see anything here to suggest that Shia will be the new lead, though. Where is everyone getting that idea? Yes, there's a good chance he'll return, but everyone (Lucas, Spielberg, Marshall, Shia, etc.) made it perfectly clear last summer who the star of this series will alway be.

Robyn

James said:
It's good to hear that Spielberg has a story he's interested in pursuing. This would make Indy 5 the first entry since Raiders that he's actually wanted to tell. It also increases the likelihood of it happening, since he's always been the toughest one to convince.

I don't see anything here to suggest that Shia will be the new lead, though. Where is everyone getting that idea? Yes, there's a good chance he'll return, but everyone (Lucas, Spielberg, Marshall, Shia, etc.) made it perfectly clear last summer who the star of this series will alway be.

Exactly...

Gilles V

Administrator Emeritus
QBComics said:
The Raider.net has updated with a neat little 'V' icon. (y)
Damn you guys are fast. The neat little 'V' icon wasn't neat enough for me. Hope you like the new one as much. ;)

AlivePoet

Gilles V said:
Damn you guys are fast. The neat little 'V' icon wasn't neat enough for me. Hope you like the new one as much. ;)

Think I liked the other one more, but I'm sure this one will grow on me... ;)

deckard24

bennihana123 said:
I actually like Mutt. Just as long as he doesn't become the "replacement" Indiana Jones.
I too thought he was one of the better aspects of KOTCS, but I would much rather he became a background character like Shorty, Sallah, or Marcus, then the heir apparent to the franchise. Whether or not it happens is a big ?, but I'd be willing to bet it's been tossed around the table numerous times.

As for Marion, I agree that she was wasted, but in order for the Mutt angle to work she was needed for a cameo. Personally I just can't stomach the thought of a Mutt centered film, with Indy taking on the Henry Sr. role, albeit more action oriented.

Goonie

I was away for the weekend in Calgary doing job hunting, and am now getting caught up on all the threads I missed.

Does this mean Hasbro is finally going to gve us the Toht action figure?

Time to start saving up for new toys! :hat: Hopefully Indy 5 will become reality, and maybe a sixth?

QBComics

Goonie said:
Time to start saving up for new toys! :hat: Hopefully Indy 5 will become reality, and maybe a sixth?

I'm gonna wait to see how well this one does and see if I want an Indy 6. ;)

deckard24

Something else just occurred to me, with Shia giving the inside scoop that a fifth is on the horizon, his part in it seems very likely, making it the first time a character has returned for the next installment. This would in fact make it a continuation of Skull, as opposed to a fresh installment. I'd be willing to bet Marion will return as well.

Indy's Fist

deckard24 said:
Something else just occurred to me, with Shia giving the inside scoop that a fifth is on the horizon, his part in it seems very likely, making it the first time a character has returned for the next installment. This would in fact make it a continuation of Skull, as opposed to a fresh installment. I'd be willing to bet Marion will return as well.

Hey Indy returned in every installment.

Just kidding!

Indy's brother

Pale Horse said:
or, they'll just blow it all on hats.

Wow! Awesome use of the Hot Shots quote!! :cool:

Well, hopefully, the team has learned a thing or two from their last outing (skull) and will come out of the corner swinging with this one. Of course, if this goes into a second trilogy, the way to approach this as a fan is to view the old ones separately, and hold each trilogy to a different set of standards. Ford did originally sign to do 3 or 4 this time around, right? I know that's not a guarantee that they'll even do a fifth, but why not speculate? (*Indy's brother pushes the table away with one hand*) "I've got nothing better to do..."

Lance Quazar

deckard24 said:

It seems unlikely they could make a new movie without Marion and Mutt at least making appearances. And Indy obviously can't have a new love interest now, so it seems like Marion would be along as sidekick/gal pal/love interest.

Which I find terrifically boring, not in the mood to see those characters again.

deckard24

Lance Quazar said:
It seems unlikely they could make a new movie without Marion and Mutt at least making appearances. And Indy obviously can't have a new love interest now, so it seems like Marion would be along as sidekick/gal pal/love interest.

Which I find terrifically boring, not in the mood to see those characters again.
A cameo or mention is one thing, but if it becomes another Jones family outing that will be a shame!

I don't know why Indy couldn't be at least tempted by a new love interest? It's not like he sealed the deal with Willie, they just kissed at the end of the film, so it's entirely possible they could bring a really seductive femme fatale type into Indy V.

QBComics

I don't see why they couldn't have a love interest. It'd be fun to have her push on why Indy tries to keep her at bay. Have something like "Look lady, I'm married"

deckard24

QBComics said:
I don't see why they couldn't have a love interest. It'd be fun to have her push on why Indy tries to keep her at bay. Have something like "Look lady, I'm married"
Exactly! That would add a great element of humor to the film if done right, something that was seriously lacking in Skull.