New novels?

Should there be new Indy titles?

• Total voters

Hawkeye

New Indy Novels

With all of the news of new Indy books, does anyone like the idea of a new series of Indy novels, like the ones written by Rob MacGregor and Max McCoy? Sorry if someone already started a thread like this one!

No Ticket

I, personally, would like to see a new series of Indy books that are geared more towards adults... not that the others weren't... but they aren't exactly difficult reads. Something in hard cover I suppose. Something more along the lines of some of the better Star Wars novels I guess.

The problem with the original run of Indy novels is that... well... they were mostly awful. Philosopher's Stone I'm going to say is the counter example, but all in all the books were a bomb. Interior World? What was that? Ugh.

But yes, I'd like more novels. As No Ticket said, I'd like for them to be a bit more mature, but more than that I'd like for them to be more faithful to the character we saw in the films. I think most of the novels missed the ball in that regard. They seemed more like an easy cash-in than an actual continuation and development of the character.

IndyFan89

Maybe we could get some of these Star Wars novel writers. They got some pretty talented guy's.

Wasn't there a novel called Indiana Jones and the Haunted Mesa?

HovitosKing

There were always fatal flaws in the original novels--McGregor had good characterizations but weak plots, McCoy had awesome sets but weak characterizations and plots, and the other guy (who shall remain nameless) just never made an attempt to write an Indy novel at all. I think any new authors should nail everything; produce a high-quality book that resonates with adults and doesn't go light on any of the aforementioned qualities.

Shortie

I agree with IF89 there's some pretty talented SW authors, Karen Traviss being my personal favorite.